Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Other Stuff > Gaming > Goal Line Blitz > Czars Football

Old October 23rd, 2008, 08:11 AM   #1
Djaughe

Thumbs up

Reloading for Season 6

Next season Czars and Knights will definitely be playoff contenders...especially the Knights where its anticipated that 4 "abandoned" teams will be dropping into our division.

Both teams have quite a few "practice" games starting tomorrow so we can spend the time working out the AI kinks.

AI GAME PLAN
I really believe with the AI in place - then the coordinators life will be a lot easier when its just tweaking percentages.

Sprspck - the Strong I run offense is the best input...but we need the pass to complement it. I went too much to the run and the higher level def. players were able to make some stops. The
Donetsk Hammers W 40-17 game is a good example of the balance.

Banky - the goalline def. is the best defense against the Strong I...but the lack of depth...plus my stupid offensive settings killed the D in the 4th. The Plodders were averaging over 200 yards on the ground at a 5.8 clip...we held them to 137 yards in 44 attempts.

Right now the goalline D's effectiveness is still not known...especially when dealing with the TE pass. In the last game we only got passed on 2 times.

PLAYERS BUILDS

The Czars will be flushed with cash next season...so that is gonna help accross the board.

The Knights have good builds going and is probably a season away from actually graduating a class to move up. Sutcliff and Shulkie Walters were easy decisions.

We're gonna need to keep an eye out to see what needs both teams have.

Djaughe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #2
SuperSpck
Fewer ghosts in Realityland

I was just looking on the GLB website for those O plays. I wanted to build a new playbook, based around the "I".

... but, I can't help but wonder if the programmers are going to address that (along with numerous other items) in the offseason.

I'm actually thinking about building a couple of different formation-based playbooks now that I'm thinking about it.

Now I've just gotta dig up the diagrammed plays.
SuperSpck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #3
SuperSpck
Fewer ghosts in Realityland

OK, here's what's up with the Knights:

We've got 4 new playbooks, the last is what we did originally, just in case the new stuff doesn't work. They're all saved as presets, by obvious name, just in case I'm not around and we need to switch.

All packages still have Air it Out and our FG stuff still included. Percentages wise, our identity is still pass mostly on 1st, run mostly on 2nd.

The first is an all Shotgun offense. It's very run light, alternating between short, medium, and long passes. It does have a QB draw play, which we won't use a lot.

The second is I Formation offense. It plays heaviest out of the Strong I, especially on the off-tackle run. It's the thickest playbook by far, the team will do a lot of different things from the same 3 looks.

The third is an ace/pro set book. It does include some Weak/Strong I stuff, there aren't enough run plays to be workable without it. It also is a FB heavy book.

I'm very interested to see how these work out. It took a couple of hours to put it together the right way, but as Bort adds more pictures and hopefully sets, we'll adjust.

Last edited by SuperSpck; October 24th, 2008 at 01:47 PM.
SuperSpck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 11:41 AM   #4
Djaughe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSpck View Post
....I'm actually thinking about building a couple of different formation-based playbooks now that I'm thinking about it.

Now I've just gotta dig up the diagrammed plays.

I think yer on to something - instead of tweaking the same percentages from one playbook...have 2 maybe 3 books that are tailored to whatever opponent.

I'm working on more of a 4.3 style to maximize our pass rush.

Old October 24th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #5
Djaughe

We have a scrimmage game against:

10/26/2008
at Krakow Gutter Runners
Matchup

--------------------------------------------------
Looking at builds does anybody have any question on the direction their going?

Nathan - I've been reading about "jumping" being an important skill among CB's (40ish) to help in getting picks...have you seen anything?

Old October 24th, 2008, 06:00 PM   #6
nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Jack View Post

Nathan - I've been reading about "jumping" being an important skill among CB's (40ish) to help in getting picks...have you seen anything?
[/FONT]
I don't think people know anything. J-Bad only has jumping of 26 and he had 15 picks last season.
nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2008, 09:20 AM   #7
Djaughe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan View Post
I don't think people know anything. J-Bad only has jumping of 26 and he had 15 picks last season.
Cool...some people are referring to CB's (w/ high jumping) intercepting passes 15 yards in front of the wideout. I can't find the plays though.

Joelf - Have you tried yer HB at combo running? I finding info that high vision makes HB's dance around too much.

Old October 25th, 2008, 09:49 AM   #8
Djaughe

FYI:

Here are the passing stats on all the games played so far:

Old October 25th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #9
Djaughe

Running:

Old October 25th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #10
Djaughe

Cornerbacks 3 through 5...next season I want to encourage you guys to pump points into SPD and a few into the Blitz and Closing Speed SA's.

I'm implementing more CB blitz packages from the 3 and 5 spot.

For this to work it's gonna hinge on two things: your corners' ability to get to the QB fast, and the rest of the secondary's ability to cover man to man for a few seconds.

ergo...The faster you get to the QB, the less time the top 2 CB's have to cover 1-on-1...even if we dont get a sack, chances for a hurry and bad throw do go up.

Old October 25th, 2008, 04:31 PM   #11
nathan

Any things I should rethink about Eric Swann and Capitan Planeta for the upcoming season? I did notice that we gave up the third most passing yards in the conference.
nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2008, 08:30 PM   #12
Djaughe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan View Post
Any things I should rethink about Eric Swann and Capitan Planeta for the upcoming season? I did notice that we gave up the third most passing yards in the conference.
I honestly don't know..I think Swann and Planeta have been awesome.

That's why I was wondering maybe about "jumping" as a possible help...but I keep going back to the fact that we don't have a decent front 3 or 4 pass rush.

But I look at the DE/DT builds - I find their fine...so I then think that the competition just had great offensive lines.

So I'm going more creative with LB/CB blitzes to shoot the gaps made by the DT's....but of course sometimes the results haven't been too good.

We also can't forget that we're in the toughest A division in GLB. Most of the owners are smart and has taken advantage of everything (i.e. lvl 13 players to start, building up stadium, AI tactics, etc.) out there.

We're getting smarter as the season progresses like using the Strong I and using the goalline to stop it...so I like to think we're closing the gap.

Old October 27th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #13
jf-08
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post

Joelf - Have you tried yer HB at combo running? I finding info that high vision makes HB's dance around too much.

Just implemented this. Let's see if this will get this jackass moving!

Play hard, get dirty and never make eye-contact with the man you're going to blind-side. - Hardy Brown

RIP Skkorp, KoC, Danny_L, jstadvl, and O.

jf-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 06:18 AM   #14
Djaughe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf-08 View Post
Just implemented this. Let's see if this will get this jackass moving!
We're gonna go run heavy in the next two games.

I'm also adjusting the defense taking out potential retired/promoted players to get an idea what our needs are.

Old October 28th, 2008, 07:04 AM   #15
Pariah
H.S.

I'd had Blonsky for most of his career on "combo," but I think for the last couple of games had him on "elusive" (I think it was a coordinator request).

For the last game I moved him too a full-on smashmouth, no juking back...to great result: he broke 12 tackles.

Just something to keep in mind; that I-formation may be more effective than we thought with that setting for Blonsky.
Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote