Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Arizona Coyotes

Old April 27th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #16
wilycoyote24
Registered

Send a message via AIM to wilycoyote24
I have NO IDEA how a team that is constantly out-shot by such ridiculous margins wins constantly! Well, I have some idea... it's Smith. But, seriously? Can this go on indefinitely?
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #17
Brian
I was told not to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Thank you Whitney. I don't know if my heart can take this anymore. Smith came up huge in overtime.
Perfectly said.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #18
ArizonaSportsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilycoyote24 View Post
I have NO IDEA how a team that is constantly out-shot by such ridiculous margins wins constantly! Well, I have some idea... it's Smith. But, seriously? Can this go on indefinitely?
Most of the shots are crap because the Yotes turtle. They just don't match in skill and so tend to panic, then turn it over, then....
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #19
Jersey Girl
Stand down

Send a message via Yahoo to Jersey Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilycoyote24 View Post
Crazy, but, somehow, awesome.

Rest in peace, Jenn.
Rest in peace, Bill. Slainte!
Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #20
krepitch

Part of this, too, is just the Coyote strategy. They just really don't care what the shot count turns out to be. They do care about scoring opportunities, but any competent goaltender will stop all the easy shots...and, of course, Mike Smith has been way more than competent this year.

Also, how amazing is Ray Whitney? At his age, after a full season, after all these overtime playoff games...and he comes up huge with a great play to win this one? I'd hire him as a personal trainer if he ever stops playing hockey. So happy for him.
krepitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #21
ajcardfan
I see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
Part of this, too, is just the Coyote strategy. They just really don't care what the shot count turns out to be. They do care about scoring opportunities, but any competent goaltender will stop all the easy shots...and, of course, Mike Smith has been way more than competent this year.

Also, how amazing is Ray Whitney? At his age, after a full season, after all these overtime playoff games...and he comes up huge with a great play to win this one? I'd hire him as a personal trainer if he ever stops playing hockey. So happy for him.
Tippett was far harsher than your first paragraph in talking about how the Coyotes played in the third and overtime. In fact, he sounded so disgusted you would think they had lost. I'm sure part of that is a message to the team, but it's also sincere criticism. They were just damn poor at getting the puck up the ice for a lot of that time.

That said, this game has given me the "team of destiny" feel for the first time. It was sheer robbery by a goaltender capped by a golden goal from grizzled vet who has always been a little underrated during his career. Storybook stuff.
We live in a world which is full of misery and ignorance, and the plain duty of each and all of us is to try to make the little corner he can influence somewhat less miserable and somewhat less ignorant than it was before he entered it.

T.H. Huxley
ajcardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #22
AZ Native
Hope is a good thing

What is it about Glendale (Yotes and Cards) that brings out the OT wins? They have been fantastic in OT the last year.
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #23
Lefty
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Native View Post
What is it about Glendale (Yotes and Cards) that brings out the OT wins? They have been fantastic in OT the last year.
The Coyetes were 33-1 in the regular season when leading after the 2nd period. I don't know if I can take anymore overtime games. This team in the playoffs should be called the Cardiac Coyotes.
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #24
gmabel830
It's football season!!

Just bought tix for game 2 tomorrow... super excited, been awhile since I've been to a game!!
gmabel830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 07:09 AM   #25
HeavyB3
Unregistered User

Ended up with a bunch of lower level tickets for free for tonights game. Very excited to go to another playoff game.
Old April 29th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #26
ArizonaSportsFan

You guys have fun and represent! Especially want to hear about the atmosphere in the DotCom.
Old April 29th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #27
Lefty
Registered

Vermette makes it 1-0 in the first period. Great passing by Yandle and Boedker. I like their intensity so far.
Old April 29th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #28
Lefty
Registered

Hanzal scores and the Coyotes retake the lead. Let's hope they can keep the lead. Vrbata just scored to make it 3-1!!! Smith came up huge before the goal.
Old April 29th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #29
Lefty
Registered

Damn, power play goal by the Predators to make it 3-2.
Old April 29th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #30
Lefty
Registered

Just when you turn your head, the Coyotes score to make it 4-2. Pyatt with the goal.