1. The Godfather (Nino Rota)
2. The Golem (Karl-Ernst Sasse)
3. Experiment in Terror (Henry Mancini)
4. One Step Beyond (Harry Lubin)
5. Night of the Hunter - remix (Walter Schumann)
6. Cape Fear (Bernard Herrmann)
7. Rosemary's Baby (Christopher Komeda)
8. The Devil Rides Out - Remix (James Bernard)
9. Spider Baby (Ronald Stein)
10. The Omen - Ave Satani (Jerry Goldsmith)
11. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (Robert McNaughton)
12. Vendetta (John Barry)
14. Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion (Ennio Morricone)
15. Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me (Angelo Badalamenti)
16. Charade (Henry Mancini)
For those who don't know, The Fantomas are Mike Patton from Faith No More, Dave Lombardo from Slayer, King Buzzo from The Melvins, and Trevor Dunn form Mr. Bungle.
Rather than release a record of their own material, Fantomas made an album of interpretations of some of the greatest film scores ever written. "Rosemary's Baby" is haunting, while "Fire Walk With Me" is extremely dreamy. Drawing principally on the strange horror films of the 1960s and early 1970s, this album hitchhikes between deep rumbling scariness and full-on utter terror. Each track has been decimated and then recreated by the band with pure originality.
This sums it up, from an on-line review: "Itís a genre breaking, irreverent album that bridges everything from metal, jazz, sludgecore, grunge, and abstract electronica. Itsí ominous, foreboding, spooky and often hilarious. It knows no boundaries. Its also an acquired taste. But a taste well worth acquiring. It may be uneasy listening , but Iíll say this: its one of the most challenging, and rewarding albums of the year."
Worth buying!!! This album makes you hate everything that gets played on the radio.
A couple of tracks are available to sample at: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...89529?v=glance