Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Closed Thread

Old August 9th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #46
Stronso
Schweddy Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckjake View Post

Regardless something caused Skelton to go from Double Deuce to Double Dunce last season.
Where did the Double Deuce nickname come from? What does it refer to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Old August 9th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #47
Mulli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronso View Post
Where did the Double Deuce nickname come from? What does it refer to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sacked in the end zone twice in a game, I think.
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:06 AM   #48
bankybruce
I see dead people!!

Quote:
I've heard that a lot but never saw anything other than reports on message boards. Did Somers or Urban ever write anything like that? Of course we usually only hear about these things after a player leaves.

Regardless something caused Skelton to go from Double Deuce to Double Dunce last season.
Jurecki talked about it at the end of last season. He mentioned that he came into camp like he was the guy and never dug into the play book.
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #49
Mulli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankybruce View Post
Jurecki talked about it at the end of last season. He mentioned that he came into camp like he was the guy and never dug into the play book.
Why would a guy who threw 5 touchdowns in a game vs both Cornell and Georgetown need to?
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #50
Duckjake
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulli View Post
Why would a guy who threw 5 touchdowns in a game vs both Cornell and Georgetown need to?
More like beating STL, SF and Seattle in succession went to his head.

Did the Cards really go on an 11-2 run? And go 4-2 in the Division just two seasons ago? Or was that just a dream I had after imbibing too much Kardinal Kool Aid?
Founding member #2 of the n'er do well club.
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:25 AM   #51
Mulli

Quote:
More like beating STL, SF and Seattle in succession went to his head.

Did the Cards really go on an 11-2 run? And go 4-2 in the Division just two seasons ago? Or was that just a dream I had after imbibing too much Kardinal Kool Aid?

Regression to the mean. Water finds it's level. Or something...
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #52
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankybruce View Post
And one reporter told me off the record which I told some people here about during the season. the primary reason he got benched is Whiz got fed up with him not knowing the plays. it came to a head in the atlanta game(?) when he ran a key 3rd down play with Floyd lined up on the wrong side of the field while the whole staff was yelling at him to move Floyd or call timeout. The play was supposed to go to Housler, but Floyd ran the right pattern, from the wrong side and ran right in front of Housler. Skelton essentially buried the ball into the ground because he had nowhere to throw, and then was glaring at Floyd.

The staff said sure he lined up wrong, hes' been doing that all year, but you're the QB, you're supposed to see that and move him, which Kolb had been doing constantly earlier in the season.

Then we got the ball right back, Fitz wide open in the endzone, Skelton missed him and that was it. Whiz had seen enough and went to Lindley, who'd been getting reps in practice because they were so fed up with Skelton they hoped it would light a fire under him.

Later in the year a couple of times Whiz made reference to Skelton needing to be better prepared to play, that the slow starts couldn't continue he needed to be in charge.

Lindley was horrible, probably still is, but there was a reason he was playing and it wasn't that Whiz was an idiot it was that Whiz had been talking about accountability all year and didn't think it was fair that his starting QB, didn't know the plays.
ďYour expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just canít stop working, canít stop getting better, because Iíll be a failure in my eyes before Iím a failure in someone elseís eyes.Ē -- Arron Afflalo
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #53
earthsci
That Rapscallion!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulli View Post
Sacked in the end zone twice in a game, I think.
Not just twice in a game...two offensive plays in a row!

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...1111060crd.htm

Chico Escuela, 12/09/78
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #54
Duckjake
Registered

Quote:
Before he was replaced, Skelton had completed two of seven passes for six yards. Kevin Kolb, who has traded the starter/backup roles with Skelton this season, isn't active while dealing with shoulder and rib injuries.

On Lindley's first career drive, the Falcons forced him to fumble. Though the play looked dead to a number of players -- including Fitzgerald, who ran right past the ball after he apparently thought it was an incomplete pass -- Jonathan Babineaux scooped it up and returned it for the 15-yard touchdown.
Does this ever sum up the fiasco that was the 2012 Cardinal Football season.

Founding member #2 of the n'er do well club.
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #55
Gee!
What The What!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
That is despicable and reprehensible. Classless and bigoted. Kind of stuff that brings the whole board down. Come on man, you are better than that.
Get over it.. I said it as a joke from what I was saying last year..

But maybe I am not better than that though? Haha

Last edited by Gee!; August 9th, 2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #56
seesred

For people who say he sucks that didn't play at this level John QB had some moderate success. Yes last year he was lost on the field with lousy coaching. Yes he has a big arm but overthrew many times. But IMO he was the best we had the last bad season. At least when he was in the game he gave 100%. I never plaed with an O-line the likes of which a QB had better get life insurance.

I know he needed to go. Kolb needed to go and Lindsly should be gone. I'm happy with a real coaching staff and Palmer as our field leader. But, JS has plenty of talent in my opinion.

GBR
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #57
Gee!
What The What!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesred View Post
For people who say he sucks that didn't play at this level John QB had some moderate success. Yes last year he was lost on the field with lousy coaching. Yes he has a big arm but overthrew many times. But IMO he was the best we had the last bad season. At least when he was in the game he gave 100%. I never plaed with an O-line the likes of which a QB had better get life insurance.

I know he needed to go. Kolb needed to go and Lindsly should be gone. I'm happy with a real coaching staff and Palmer as our field leader. But, JS has plenty of talent in my opinion.

GBR
I take it they dont drug test at your work..
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #58
BigRedRage
badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee! View Post
Skelton is a Hillbilly. He probably cant even tell his left from right hand.. When alone, his jerk off session must seem like a weird jerk off session with his cousins.. It ends in a safety
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
That is despicable and reprehensible. Classless and bigoted. Kind of stuff that brings the whole board down. Come on man, you are better than that.

Add hypocritical to the list since Gee took offense to the bigoted comments of the eagles WR.

Avatar bet for the playoffs With K9.

Over/under 8.5 wins I have the over.
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #59
Mulli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedRage View Post
Add hypocritical to the list since Gee took offense to the bigoted comments of the eagles WR.
Oh jeez.
Old August 9th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #60
bankybruce
I see dead people!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedRage View Post
To be fair, these two guys are not that far apart, some might even call them both a form of a hillbilly.

Last edited by bankybruce; August 9th, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
Closed Thread