Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old May 10th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #1
Cbus cardsfan
Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

What could the Bears give for Boldin?

i follow chicago sports alot and they are the team that i think is most desperate for Boldin. Their GM doesn't even deny it but can't really talk about it because Boldin is under contract with the Cards. Their problem is that they don't have the ammunition to get Boldin. They offered a #2 last draft but were turned down. They don't have a #1 pick next year because of the Cutler trade. I can't see the Cards taking a 2011 1st rounder for Boldin. That lead me to look at their roster and it really doesn't match up with the Cards that well. I would assume a trade with them would have be their #2 pick next year and a starting player. The obvious choice is Lance Briggs and the #2 but Briggs is a 7 year vet starting to get up in age at 28.The Cards may not be all that interested in him.Tommie Harris would be nice but no way that's happening. The player that, if i was the Cards, would make a very interersting trade is Devin Hester. How about Hester and a #2 for Boldin? He gives the Cards their answer in the return game and could be a very good #3-4 WR. He's defnintely not a #1 type WR that he would have to be in Chicago. Boldin gives them their #1 WR. I think i would be happy with that trade from both teams point of view. I know Hester just signed an extension last year but i think his cap hit is manageable. However, i think Rosenhaus is his agent.Thoughts?

Cbus cardsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:47 PM   #2
BIRDGANG

I'd want much more than a #2 and a return man for Boldin, because he is a #5 WR on our team. If Garvin makes the cut we will have our answer on kick returns, so they'd have to offer up someone or something else for me to be happy.
187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #3
Cbus cardsfan
Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 187 View Post
I'd want much more than a #2 and a return man for Boldin, because he is a #5 WR on our team. If Garvin makes the cut we will have our answer on kick returns, so they'd have to offer up someone or something else for me to be happy.
You're not really going to compare Garvin to Hester as return man are you? Hester's on pace to be the best return man,all-time, in the NFL. All Garvin has done is run a fast 40 time. We know Whiz is emphasizing special teams and Hester is a game changer in that area. I agree that Hester would probably be just another guy in the rotation at WR but he is a guy who can make big plays and that's something the Cards could use as well.
Cbus cardsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #4
Jetstream Green

well Boldin is getting up there in age as well and are not him and Briggs about the same age. The more I view the situation, the more it seems that the one team in the NFL which values Q the most are the Cardinals even is Q wants to believe he would be better elsewhere. The same team which drafted him in the 2nd round before anyone else. The team which re-did his rookie contract which was unheard of before by an NFL team in dealing with a rookie at that point in his contract. The team which then later gave him an extension. This team called the Cardinals do not have the cap space now to seriously listen to Boldin's current grips but they value Q...more than anything the Bears have or the Bears, Eagles or Ravens seem to value him.
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:37 AM   #5
Vermont Maverick
Registered

It's a long time between the draft and training camp, isn't it?

Um, Boldin is not getting traded. If it were to happen, that would have been before or during ths years draft. The good news is that next year, in the months leading up to the draft, we will have 81 more threads on this topic, with another 8,100 posts. It will be great. People will be able to point to things like "Boldin now only has one year left", "Warner only has one year left, and we will soon be moving toward a more traditional offense", "Boldin has taken another year of pounding, thus reducing his value to us", "Early Doucet really stepped up this year", "Boldin is taking the team down with his continued charade", "We don't even need other receivers becuase Fitzgerald is as good as two recievers".

Boldin is also not getting a new contract. He is a professional, and will give his all for two more seasons, thus having given 8 years of tremendous football to this organization. He will move on, and we will reminisce for the rest of our lives about the great Anquan Boldin, and lament how we could keep him longer, but that is just the nature of the game.
Vermont Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:38 AM   #6
Mulli

The Bears have pretty much nothing the Cards would want. I don't think Briggs fits.
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #7
cgolden
Registered

Do the Bears have any offensive lineman who are even close to PB worthy? I'd consider a very good offensive lineman who's somewhat young and a #2.

Either that or Matt Forte (maybe straight up) but I doubt the Bears would do that.
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM   #8
Mulli

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolden View Post
Do the Bears have any offensive lineman who are even close to PB worthy? I'd consider a very good offensive lineman who's somewhat young and a #2.

Either that or Matt Forte (maybe straight up) but I doubt the Bears would do that.
No as to the o-lineman. And no thanks for Forte. Have to go with Hightower, Beanie et al.
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:16 PM   #9
Arizona's Finest
Your My Favorite Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbus cardsfan View Post
You're not really going to compare Garvin to Hester as return man are you? Hester's on pace to be the best return man,all-time, in the NFL. All Garvin has done is run a fast 40 time. We know Whiz is emphasizing special teams and Hester is a game changer in that area. I agree that Hester would probably be just another guy in the rotation at WR but he is a guy who can make big plays and that's something the Cards could use as well.
So was Dante Hall three years ago. Anyone know what happened to him?

KR/#3 WR are just not good value in this type of situation. I would pass on that deal 100 times out of 100.

And Garvin (even with no experience) at his money opposed to Hester at his money = Garvin >>> Hester

Its my bet that our stud KR is on our team as of right now. Whether that is Stephens-Howling, Rolle, or Garvin I don't know.

I like your idea I just don't think they have the goods for what we need. Greg Olson maybe?

Last edited by Arizona's Finest; May 11th, 2009 at 01:33 PM.
Arizona's Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #10
Mulli

Hester has been iffy as a returner since signing and extension/becoming a receiver.
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #11
AsUpRoDiGy
Magnanimous

Bears have a lot of options for us on defense, but none that would work for the Cards financially. They have a great LB core, something that we dont have, so that would probably be the best option. Briggs and Urlacher aren't going anywhere, so maybe the bears could package a deal with ogunleye(DE) and jamar williams(asu lb).
AsUpRoDiGy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:37 PM   #12
Mulli

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsUpRoDiGy View Post
Bears have a lot of options for us on defense, but none that would work for the Cards financially. They have a great LB core, something that we dont have, so that would probably be the best option. Briggs and Urlacher aren't going anywhere, so maybe the bears could package a deal with ogunleye(DE) and jamar williams(asu lb).
Even if I could agree that the LB core/corps is great, it is not great for 1) pass rush or 2) the 3-4.

Sorry, the Bears don't have what it would take. Greg Olson? I like him, but not for Bolding without a high pick.
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:37 PM   #13
Arizona's Finest
Your My Favorite Mistake

Quote:
LOL - Great idea. Maybe then we can sign Archuleta and Jeremy Statt and just recreate an all ASU defense over here.

If we are going to trade Boldin to get a linebacker from the state of Arizona on the Bears we are going to have to go after the good one.
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #14
AsUpRoDiGy
Magnanimous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona's Finest View Post
LOL - Great idea. Maybe then we can sign Archuleta and Jeremy Statt and just recreate an all ASU defense over here.

If we are going to trade Boldin to get a linebacker from the state of Arizona on the Bears we are going to have to go after the good one.
lol, jamar williams could be good if he was given the opportunity Briggs makes too much money, we probably couldn't afford him. If we were to go after any ASU player, it would have to be Suggs
AsUpRoDiGy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #15
Arizona's Finest
Your My Favorite Mistake

Quote:
lol, jamar williams could be good if he was given the opportunity Briggs makes too much money, we probably couldn't afford him. If we were to go after any ASU player, it would have to be Suggs
Now that we can agree on