Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old April 19th, 2006, 06:42 PM   #1
AzWins23

Send a message via AIM to AzWins23

Top 10 Best and Busts of the draft....funny.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9385975

Look at the picture of Tom Knight that they put...It's number 82, not 22
#1 Cardinals Fan in Ohio

[url]http://www.myspace.com/marky2323
AzWins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 06:46 PM   #2
Assface
Like a boss

Quote:
No. 9

Worst: Cornerback Tom Knight -- Knight just might be one of the most forgettable top-10 picks in NFL history. Knight spent five seasons in Arizona, intercepted three passes, and can anybody remember a single significant play he made?
Yes. There was that play where he was running and then grabbed his hammy. Then there was the time he grabbed his knee. Oh, who could forget the great play where he fell down and grabbed his ankle. Tom Knight had many memorable plays.
Assface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #3
ThunderCard

Another clasic example of a reach in the draft. I am so glad Denny is are draft guru
Old April 19th, 2006, 08:52 PM   #4
Redrage
Registered

What's funny is that Pro Football Weekly actually said that he might be a better pro than Westbrook or Springs.
Redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 06:05 AM   #5
sundevilscott
Kaycee's Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assface
Yes. There was that play where he was running and then grabbed his hammy. Then there was the time he grabbed his knee. Oh, who could forget the great play where he fell down and grabbed his ankle. Tom Knight had many memorable plays.
That is so frickin true!!

Old April 20th, 2006, 06:09 AM   #6
Billy Flynt
Pirate, 290 yrs too late

His best play was leaving as a free agent.
Old April 20th, 2006, 06:22 AM   #7
phillycard
Registered

Send a message via AIM to phillycard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrage
What's funny is that Pro Football Weekly actually said that he might be a better pro than Westbrook or Springs.
If I remember correctly that WAS the case Redrage. I remember the Daily News saying he was only behind Springs in talent.

Oh how I cherish the memories of Billy Davis abusing him like a cheap hooker.

Last edited by phillycard; April 20th, 2006 at 06:27 AM.
phillycard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 06:43 AM   #8
football karma
formerly known as En Fuego

Tommy Knight was a classic example of a guy who tested extremely well -- fast 40, great shuttle, smooth, athletic, etc --

but none of that showed up on the football field --

I got to play in a charity golf tourney with one of the Cards defensive coaches who told me that Tommy had everything you would want in a corner EXCEPT ball awareness. Guy just couldnt find the football in the air. As a result, he would have a guy covered only to watch a ball fall right past his facemask into the hands of the receiver.

Also for what its worth -- as painful a bust as he was, Tommy was a heck of a nice guy. Well spoken, articulate, polite. Very smart.
football karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 06:49 AM   #9
earthsci
That Rapscallion!!

I don't know how they put Roy Williams at #8 best. Don't you know that you can't waste a top ten pick on a safety?

Chico Escuela, 12/09/78
earthsci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 07:00 AM   #10
Totally_Red
Team is What It Takes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthsci
I don't know how they put Roy Williams at #8 best. Don't you know that you can't waste a top ten pick on a safety?
He must have missed the last few minutes of MNF versus Redskins last season. OTOH, he may have caught the last few of MNF versus Philly where he took an ill-advised McNabb pass to the house.
Totally_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:26 AM   #11
CardLogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthsci
Well, if the Cardinals take Huff at #10 I wouldn't consider it a wasted pick...

"...fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please."

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens
CardLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #12
CardLogic

Quote:
Best: Richard Seymour -- The best defensive lineman on what has perpetually been football's best team. Seymour recently cashed in with the Patriots, but they already had cashed in with him.
How long has this writer been following the NFL; about five years??? Or perhaps he doesn't understand the meaning of "perpetually"!

"...fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please."

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens
CardLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:38 AM   #13
Ouchie-Z-Clown
I'm better than Mulli!

Quote:
Originally Posted by en fuego
Tommy Knight was a classic example of a guy who tested extremely well -- fast 40, great shuttle, smooth, athletic, etc --

I got to play in a charity golf tourney with one of the Cards defensive coaches who told me that Tommy had everything you would want in a corner EXCEPT ball awareness. Guy just couldnt find the football in the air. As a result, he would have a guy covered only to watch a ball fall right past his facemask into the hands of the receiver.

Also for what its worth -- as painful a bust as he was, Tommy was a heck of a nice guy. Well spoken, articulate, polite. Very smart.
i was always amazed at his coverage skills and absolute inability to make a play on the ball. knight was ALWAYS right on his man and could never swat the ball away. it was amazing.

"Standing mens bathroom troughs sucked rear nevermind the smell." - OmeneX (This just had to be quoted)
Ouchie-Z-Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:44 AM   #14
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by en fuego

Yep that was his early career in a nutshell, good coverage, but the ball was always completed. I remember a Washington game probably his rookie year he had 3 could have been INT's, only got a hand on one of them and missed that. Just could not react to the ball in the air.
ďYour expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just canít stop working, canít stop getting better, because Iíll be a failure in my eyes before Iím a failure in someone elseís eyes.Ē -- Arron Afflalo
Russ Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:54 AM   #15
ARZCardinals
Registered

Tommy Knight - he panned out as fools gold

I thought at 3 they could have put Wadsworth as the biggest bust. He was graded better than Payton Manning and he was absoultly worthless from day one. Held out of ALL TRAINING CAMPS, ALL OFFSEASON WORKOUTS, signed one day before the first game and was schooled in the art of the NFL. Had less tackles than Tommy Knight. Forget the injuries...he was a waste.

..but a nice guy...for whatever that's worth.
ARZCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote