Enjoy an Ads-Free ASFN - lighter and faster too! Become an ASFN-Contributor and help support the site.
Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old November 11th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #31
Goodyear Card
Registered

One item nobody has listed is concessions. I was disappointed in the variety of items. It is mostly hamburgers and hotdogs. Chase Field and AWA has a variety of items including pizza, burritos and other specialty foods.

The stadium was advertised as a state of the art stadium. I really don't see anything for the average fan. they could have speakers in the concourse and the restrooms so you could hear the game when you are not in your seat. Of course TVs in the bathroom would be great.
Enjoy an Ads-Free ASFN - lighter and faster too! Become an ASFN-Contributor and help support the site.
Goodyear Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #32
NEZCardsfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodyear Card View Post
One item nobody has listed is concessions. I was disappointed in the variety of items. It is mostly hamburgers and hotdogs. Chase Field and AWA has a variety of items including pizza, burritos and other specialty foods.

The stadium was advertised as a state of the art stadium. I really don't see anything for the average fan. they could have speakers in the concourse and the restrooms so you could hear the game when you are not in your seat. Of course TVs in the bathroom would be great.
It is state of the art. The views from every seat are beautiful. It's NFL football....I think they have this thing damn close to perfect, minus the replays.

Too much extra fluff takes away from why we are there......cuz we love Football.
NEZCardsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #33
FootballChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidan View Post
That's my point Derm.

The premise was not 'Are there issues', it was 'Look at all these problems'.

If you are going to truley study something you need to start neutral
The premise was not to do a study but to find an organization with problems and suggest what we would do to fix them. Lord knows if I was to go into all the issues on the field my paper would be FAR longer than the 6-10 pages I am alloted.

Thanks to all the people who provided their viewpoint on things which could be improved. I am not saying that the stadium is a total bust, I do appreciate the a/c instead of baking on the metal bleachers at the old nest, but this place is not perfect people - and I would much rather write about sports than about some lame corporation!
FootballChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #34
Brian in Mesa
BIMô

Tetris Champion!
Send a message via MSN to Brian in Mesa Send a message via Yahoo to Brian in Mesa
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidan View Post
The premise was not 'Are there issues', it was 'Look at all these problems'.

If you are going to truly study something you need to start neutral
In her first post she did say what her project was about and added "these are some of the opportunities for improvement which have been pointed out to me."

Seems pretty clear to me...
Old November 13th, 2006, 08:39 PM   #35
Brian
I was told not to

You have to excuse Nidan, he is the resident "Everything that is Cardinal" apologist.

Never dare insult anything Cardinal in his presence.

I personally was pretty disappointed with the stadium. The sound system is terrible. I hate how the interior is done, reminds me of being inside a big warehouse, like the interior designer also decorated Sam's Club.

Those pillars being concrete grey and all of the exposed metal I-beams look barren. I think they should have painted all of the pillars red instead of trying to disguise their dullness with a stupid red LED light bar going up the center.

The Jumbotron is crystal clear but too small. That endzone is ridiculous looking.

I do love the seating however. Not a bad seat in the house.

My biggest problem with the stadium is all of the stupid opposing fans that show up.

I HATE them. Move back to Dallas or Chicago or wherever the hell you are from but don't come around here wearing your stupid T.O. jerseys and booing the Cardinals.

Winning is the only thing that will cure that.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2006, 04:29 AM   #36
TigToad
Registered

Send a message via Yahoo to TigToad

biased

I am biased in my response here, as the author of this thread is my wife and ticket holding partner for the last three years.

I am always a little amazed that not everyone faces the same issues that I have talked with. I am not sure that security is being enforced equally throughout the stadium.

We have been repeatidly told that we cannot stand during games if a fan behind us asks us to sit down. In our section, we have several entire rows held by scalpers right behind us... the result is, when the Cardinals are doing well, we are asked to sit. It is a problem for us, but it is more a problem for the fans to our right who are even louder than we (somehow). One of whom was the superfan in the media guide one game. We have been told we will have to be asked to leave if we don't settle down.

Now, we are not drunken rowdies, nor anyone in our section. Though we do yell and cheer for the Cards. No insults are thrown or curse words thrown, etc.

Every time we have tried to stay and watch the post game show, we are told we have to leave within a minute or two of it starting, even if we are just sitting in our seat watching it. (I have never been one to want to rush off and wait in the parking lot). These are the issues that she refers to as the 'hall monitors'... though even the information that this is not being enforced across the board is useful, I would think.

Nidan, I respect your posts and have for years on here. We wouldn't go to all these games if we didn't love the Cardinals. I love the Cardinals and I love the new stadium... but there have been issues with the management of that stadium that have been disappointing from my perspective.
TigToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2006, 05:03 AM   #37
Red Dawn
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw7 View Post
Yeah, I have never been able to get the game on 860 or 620 or the 660 frequency they announce in the stadium. Section 11 said that he got the game fine on 92.3 in the stadium last game.
I got a great signal on 92.3 last game, I'm in 117.
RIP #40
Red Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2006, 05:22 AM   #38
Derm
slippery when wet

hats off to Section 11. The broadcast came in loud and clear on 92.3
Derm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chase field