Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old October 27th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #1
Holian
Registered

The South Carolina Draft: Clowney in round #1, Connor Shaw in round #2

I've watched enough of Clowney the last 3 years to confidently say he has Lawrence Taylor type of talent. The numbers may be down this year, but that is because of injury and the fact that he often times faces 3 blockers. Missouri last night had a tackle, tight end, and sometimes the fullback assigned to Clowney on passing downs.

Connor Shaw is just a winner. I love the guy.
Holian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #2
cardncubfan
H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holian View Post
I've watched enough of Clowney the last 3 years to confidently say he has Lawrence Taylor type of talent. The numbers may be down this year, but that is because of injury and the fact that he often times faces 3 blockers. Missouri last night had a tackle, tight end, and sometimes the fullback assigned to Clowney on passing downs.

Looks like Shaw puts up some good stats. He's only 6'1" though so I'm not sure how he'll do in the NFL.
cardncubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #3
bankybruce
I see dead people!!

No thank you on Clowney. He takes play off and is more concerned with getting paid than playing the game.
bankybruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #4
Cardinal Bob
Glutton for Punishment

No chance Clowney is avail past the #2 pick...regardless of what his play looks like this season, once he hits the combine he'll have NFL people salivating about "the next LT" thing all over again.

Cardinal Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #5
Finito
Registered

My mind has def changed on Clowney last year and this year he just goes missing for long periods of times during games seems to have all the talent in the world but not alot of motor. He'll do nothing all game long make one spectacular play that gets shown over and over again and people think he dominated( Michigan )

If you drafting that high to get Clowney you better be going after a QB especially this year
Finito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #6
itlnsunsfan
Registered

Round 1 = QB or LT. That is all.
itlnsunsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Krangthebrain
Registered

Is this the only game you have watched of Shaw?

He's a late round prospect at best.
“Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn’t worry about what workout to do—his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn’t care ‘how hard it is’; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn’t go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the ‘Cause.’ Now, who wants to quit?”

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

On life after football: "I wouldn't mind being a sports commentator. Having my own segment, working for ESPN, my own talk show. Part time trainer. Part time car mechanic. Part time Sprint cell phone salesman. Part time car washman. Grocery store baggage man. Football coach. Model. Actress. Stripper. And I even have dreams of being the next crocodile hunter." - Darnell Dockett
Krangthebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #8
GatorHater
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krangthebrain View Post
Is this the only game you have watched of Shaw?

He's a late round prospect at best.
Key words: "at best"
Old October 27th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #9
Krangthebrain
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorHater View Post
Key words: "at best"
Exactly. He's a nice athletic, college game manager. Nothing more. I've literally watched about 20 games of Connor Shaw and he's a limited player for the NFL.

If we're drafting a QB next year, Connor Shaw wouldn't be on my list because I think his upside is a good #2 and that's a major stretch. We need a guy with bona fides from year one, not a developmental type.
“Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn’t worry about what workout to do—his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn’t care ‘how hard it is’; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn’t go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the ‘Cause.’ Now, who wants to quit?”

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

On life after football: "I wouldn't mind being a sports commentator. Having my own segment, working for ESPN, my own talk show. Part time trainer. Part time car mechanic. Part time Sprint cell phone salesman. Part time car washman. Grocery store baggage man. Football coach. Model. Actress. Stripper. And I even have dreams of being the next crocodile hunter." - Darnell Dockett
Krangthebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #10
mattyboy
Registered

With four wins I think Clowney will be long gone. IF he is somehow available when we pick in the late teens to early twenties (I am being very hopeful) we run his name to the podium. He is too physically talented to not take.
mattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 03:48 AM   #11
Cbus cardsfan
Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

Clowney will be the first or second pick in the draft. If Shaw gets drafted by any team in round 2, then that front office should immediately be replaced. Either that, or some team hired Rod Graves in the offseason.
Old October 28th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #12
john h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holian View Post

Shaw and Clowney are both first round picks. Clowney is sort of crazy but can still play football at a high level. I think Shaw might be an NFL starter for some team. He can also run the ball very well. They clocked our Arkansas team scoring over 50 points.
john h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #13
john h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finito View Post
My mind has def changed on Clowney last year and this year he just goes missing for long periods of times during games seems to have all the talent in the world but not alot of motor. He'll do nothing all game long make one spectacular play that gets shown over and over again and people think he dominated( Michigan )

If you drafting that high to get Clowney you better be going after a QB especially this year
Where we draft will have a lot to do as to whether we could get Clowney or Shaw. I would like either one.
john h is offline   Reply With Quote