On the fence. Not mad, not happy 48 31.37%
Horrible pick 11 7.19%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 26th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #76
Darkside
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdawg View Post
He was just saying Floyd could be considered BPA when we picked. I'm in the same crowd though kinda. Our #2 dropped the nickname glass last year and helped us in crucial moments as well as sunk us in crucial moments. His third down receptions kept us pimp at times, Roberts was still a baby but shows skill. Sorry, not speaking for K9
I'm inclined to think he was BPA and a need, the best of both worlds. I really didn't like Roberts last year, he had 51 catches but was so inconsistent that it infuriated me, and he rarely played big in big games or big moments. I hate calling someone a choker, but that's what he was. Consistency is king in the NFL. If you're going to make 51 catches make the catches you're supposed to, but don't make a highlight catch and then drop one that hits you in the hands for a TD. Doucet had 54 catches and was the same way. I think Floyd owns both those guys. And most importantly I think he will have an impact on games. Because he's not only consistent but can make a highlight catch and a normal in-your-hands catch. If he scores on those misses they had, that changes a game.

(Granted: I could be totally wrong about Floyd, I'm just saying #2 WR was a need. I did however, want us to take a T in the first round. My only point is that we needed a #2)

Last edited by Darkside; April 26th, 2012 at 09:16 PM.
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #77
desertdawg
2O14 is for O

Worst it could be is Carter and Moss but Az style!!!! Tuuuuuuuch dooooown Adeeeeezooooonuuuhhh....mumero treeehhh-seeehhhh!!!! Floooyyyddd! You know how we do.
Edit: please don't start a Carter Moss thread
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #78
Darkside
Registered

My wife took a college spanish class last year; I had to watch many games in spanish, don't get me started.

Last edited by Darkside; April 26th, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #79
desertdawg
2O14 is for O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
My wife took a college spanish class last year; I had to watch many games in spanish, don't get me started.
We do have an awesome fan base, makes tail gaiting food soooo good.
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #80
Proteus
Registered

Ok pick. I would have preferred a pass rusher or o-lineman. I think Floyd will be good though.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #81
Darkside
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdawg View Post
We do have an awesome fan base, makes tail gaiting food soooo good.
Good thing is, "Oh no, Kolb is running!" sounds roughly the same in both languages. At least the "oh no" part.
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #82
Divide Et Impera
Banned

This was a monster pick. I friggin LOVE Floyd as a #2 to Fitz. The only way this could have been a better first day was if Blackmon had slid to us, but Floyd is right close to Blackmon, IMO. If Kolb can't make this work (and I'm one of the fans around here who will give him a mulligan for last year), then we gotta move on.

Fitz-Floyd-Doucet

C'mon. That's a WR set from hell!
Divide Et Impera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #83
Divide Et Impera
Banned

Quote:
Good thing is, "Oh no, Kolb is running!" sounds roughly the same in both languages. At least the "oh no" part.
"Ay cabron! El Kolb esta corriendo!"

Divide Et Impera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #84
desertdawg
2O14 is for O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divide Et Impera View Post
This was a monster pick. I friggin LOVE Floyd as a #2 to Fitz. The only way this could have been a better first day was if Blackmon had slid to us, but Floyd is right close to Blackmon, IMO. If Kolb can't make this work (and I'm one of the fans around here who will give him a mulligan for last year), then we gotta move on.

Fitz-Floyd-Doucet

+1
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #85
AsUdUdE
Registered

Outstanding Pick!
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #86
Darkside
Registered

Quote:

Fitz-Floyd-Doucet

Totally agree with this.
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #87
AzStevenCal
Registered

Quote:

Fitz-Floyd-Doucet

I'm keeping an open mind on Floyd but I want to see if he can get open without racking up the PI calls. I don't think he'll be a bust in any case but I'm not sure he'll be a star either. On the plus side, if nothing else, at least we picked up the best blocking WR in the draft.

Steve
AzStevenCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #88
Darkside
Registered

Quote:
"Ay cabron! El Kolb esta corriendo!"

No, make it stop, it's the only Spanish I know. I know 3 things in spanish: Where's the bathroom, where's the beer, and oh no Kolb is running.
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #89
AzStevenCal
Registered

Quote:
No, make it stop, it's the only Spanish I know. I know 3 things in spanish: Where's the bathroom, where's the beer, and oh no Kolb is running.
Donde esta la biblioteca?

Esteban
AzStevenCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #90
Darkside
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzStevenCal View Post
I'm keeping an open mind on Floyd but I want to see if he can get open without racking up the PI calls. I don't think he'll be a bust in any case but I'm not sure he'll be a star either. On the plus side, if nothing else, at least we picked up the best blocking WR in the draft.

Steve
Just curious, where do you get the PI calls from? The clips I saw he used his body perfectly. I don't watch college ball so did he have a lot of PI calls in college? I was impressed, just in the clips I saw, with his use of his size actually without being illegal. He doesn't use a lot of hands to create separation, from what I saw (used some elbows though I noticed, but they were still tight to his body). I thought he had really good technique personally, I just questioned his route running, but he was able to go after the ball and create separation when he needed to without being overt about it (in my opinion).