Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old May 4th, 2005, 04:35 PM   #1
Skkorpion
Grey haired old Bird

Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow

Two problem players I was so thrilled we didn't draft last year. Taylor is staging a holdout even Dan Snyder won't give in to and Winslow is done.

As for TO, he's nuts and Taylor shares his "stupidity" genes.

And another thing. The Lions were smart to draft Mike Williams. Charles Rogers looks to me to be another Tai Streets - always hurt. The Lions took the BPA and will address the secondary next year.

Skkorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 04:41 PM   #2
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skkorpion
Two problem players I was so thrilled we didn't draft last year. Taylor is staging a holdout even Dan Snyder won't give in to and Winslow is done.

As for TO, he's nuts and Taylor shares his "stupidity" genes.

And another thing. The Lions were smart to draft Mike Williams. Charles Rogers looks to me to be another Tai Streets - always hurt. The Lions took the BPA and will address the secondary next year.
The dumbest thing about Taylor's holdout is unless they've changed the rule, Washington CAN'T redo his deal until I think sometime in August. That's the rule, he can hire any agent he wants but unless they've changed that rule, his contract can't be changed before that date which is essentially one year from when camp starts I think. So he's got to wait another few months no matter what which makes his holdout just seem assinine.

Great player but he's starting to look like the classic million dollar player, 10 cent head.
ďYour expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just canít stop working, canít stop getting better, because Iíll be a failure in my eyes before Iím a failure in someone elseís eyes.Ē -- Arron Afflalo
Russ Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 04:41 PM   #3
red desert
Registered

Hello Skkorp. How the heck are you?
red desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 04:48 PM   #4
Skkorpion
Grey haired old Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by red desert
Hello Skkorp. How the heck are you?
Depends. When my brother calls and says that, it means he wants something from me.
Skkorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 05:59 PM   #5
Reddog
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Smith
The dumbest thing about Taylor's holdout is unless they've changed the rule, Washington CAN'T redo his deal until I think sometime in August.
Remember how everyone dismissed his extremely low wonderlic score because he had football smarts. Seems like his real life smarts will prevent him from having a chance to exercise his football smarts.
Reddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 06:10 PM   #6
red desert
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skkorpion
Depends. When my brother calls and says that, it means he wants something from me.
Now that you mention it... got a twenty a can borrow?
red desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 06:29 PM   #7
CardinalChris
Big Man Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog
Remember how everyone dismissed his extremely low wonderlic score because he had football smarts. Seems like his real life smarts will prevent him from having a chance to exercise his football smarts.
Football smarts don't mean too much if you aren't on the football field.
Old May 4th, 2005, 07:30 PM   #8
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog

Agreed, so far his lack of intelligence off the field appears to be harming his career track.
ďYour expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just canít stop working, canít stop getting better, because Iíll be a failure in my eyes before Iím a failure in someone elseís eyes.Ē -- Arron Afflalo
Old May 4th, 2005, 08:59 PM   #9
40yearfan
DEFENSE!!!!

I was pimping Taylor. It's a good thing DG doesn't listen to me.
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:16 PM   #10
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40yearfan
I was pimping Taylor. It's a good thing DG doesn't listen to me.
Oh I still think he's going to be the best safety in the NFL in the near future, IF he can put this nonsense behind him. Right now the odds of him doing that are getting less and less.
Old May 5th, 2005, 12:16 PM   #11
Syracusecards
DA's pass went that way

It makes you wonder what's going to happen with the CBA. It seems like between last year and this year, players and agents are doing everything they can to get the big payoff asap. I'm wondering if this might be posturing from the NFLPA so that when it's time to sit down and negotiate with the owners, the issues that the owners want to address will seem trivial compared to what's going on now.(Insert X-Files conspiracy theme song)

The lower the expectations, the more you get away with.

um, probably reading a bit too much into this...
Syracusecards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2005, 01:48 PM   #12
LVCARDFREAK
In the league 20 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Smith
Oh I still think he's going to be the best safety in the NFL in the near future, .

Oh I think Roy Williams might have something to say about that!
LVCARDFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2005, 02:25 PM   #13
Duckjake
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syracusecards
It makes you wonder what's going to happen with the CBA. It seems like between last year and this year, players and agents are doing everything they can to get the big payoff asap. I'm wondering if this might be posturing from the NFLPA so that when it's time to sit down and negotiate with the owners, the issues that the owners want to address will seem trivial compared to what's going on now.(Insert X-Files conspiracy theme song)

The lower the expectations, the more you get away with.

um, probably reading a bit too much into this...
I think the #1 issue with the new CBA will be a rookie salary/bonus cap similar to what is in place in the NBA.
Founding member #2 of the n'er do well club.
Duckjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #14
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVCARDFREAK
Oh I think Roy Williams might have something to say about that!
Why he's a WR?

Taylor is already better in coverage than Roy, Roy really struggled when due to personnel losses Dallas had to use him more in coverage. Now granted they had little pass rush, but Roy got exposed a lot as not so hot in pass coverage. he'll still take your head off and he's still a great run support guy.

Remember, Taylor is playing FS in Washington and Williams SS in Dallas, so they ask them to do different things. Taylor will lay you out too. Obviously he's not as good as Williams yet but Taylor's rookie year was pretty comparable to Roy's rookie year and I think Taylor is a better natural athlete.

But Roy appears to have his head together a lot more than Taylor at this stage, Sean needs to shut up and play he got a good contract and he's got to quit listening to agents and start playing.
Old May 5th, 2005, 03:18 PM   #15
Toro
Registered

Interesting that both Winslow and Taylor are Miami U players. Rolle has really impressed me so far and does not appear to follow the same trail that many other Miami U guys have in the past.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote