Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old July 13th, 2009, 11:56 PM   #1
20yroldcardfan

Met a Cardinal and it made my day

I will preface this by saying my day started horrible last Saturday. I was pulled over on my way to work, for something that was so silly I almost lost it. Thankfully I didn't get a ticket but it still angered me.

I work my day job at a bookstore, mainly book selling and helping customers on the floor. A customer walks in and I offer help and he gladly agrees...We walk over to the computer at this point...I am shocked at this point. I really can't believe that it is really Sean Morey. I look back just once to make sure I am not just seeing things. He looks like he just out of a workout, red gym shorts and a cardinal white long sleeve, inside out so he doesnt draw too much attention.

I finally ask "Mr.Morey?" and he is shocked. He confirms it's him and I put my hand out, "Permission to shake your hand sir, Huge Cardinal fan. Die hard" and he asks me my name and asks about where I sit and how long I have been a fan. He mentions that he is totally suprised that I recognized him. I assure him I can pretty much peg the entire team by just their face. Us true fans, I am sure you all can do the same.

He also mentions...that sadly...he is one of the few guys on the team that regularly read. That was funny.

He may be one of the smaller guys on the team...but he is quite huge in person. Very stalky and wide shouldered. Well spoken too. I have not met so many Cardinals, even less that asked my name and shook hands. It was awsome.

Just would like to say thanks to #87 Sean Morey for making my day and I really really cant wait for the season to begin now. I got revamped and jacked up for it now. Cheers!
20yroldcardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 03:40 AM   #2
Totally_Red
Team is What It Takes!

Nice story! Let's see, Brown education, reader. Yeah, that makes sense.

What did he buy? Something like "Great Birds of the Southwest" featuring Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Kurt Warner and Adrian Wilson.
Totally_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 03:50 AM   #3
SuperSpck
Fewer ghosts in Realityland

Great Expectations?

Wait, I take it back! Great, now we're jinxed...

Wonderful story though, thanks for sharing!
SuperSpck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 07:33 AM   #4
cgolden
Registered

nice story ...... he sounds like a great guy.
Old July 14th, 2009, 07:43 AM   #5
Shane
I'm Coming for YOU!

What was so silly that you got pulled over for? Most people who get pulled over and don't get a ticket would think that was a great start to their day IMHO.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 07:54 AM   #6
sundevilscott
Kaycee's Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane H View Post
What was so silly that you got pulled over for? Most people who get pulled over and don't get a ticket would think that was a great start to their day IMHO.
Holy crap you are over 1 Trillion A$FN! :notworthy Can I borrow like 100 Mil please!
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:29 AM   #7
MigratingOsprey
Thank You Paul!

Quote:
i've been pulled over a couple times for pretty silly reasons - pretty much driving at 1:30 am

both times the cop was severely disapointed that i was sober and my paperwork checked out

the time back home in my small town the d'bag was bored enough to follow through the town until I headed out on the country roads to get back to my house

the time down here I was pulled over for "looking like I was going a little fast" - i saw the guy sitting there, knew he was looking to pull me over and made sure I was in line with everything ......... i was going 40 in a 45 so I asked him what the speed limit was when he said it looked like I was going fast ...... his response? - "I don't know, it just looked like you were going fast"

not to mention my brother got a ticket out here - he drove out with his wife and family from Abq to visit ...... they have UNM Alumni plates - they were on surface streets here in goodyear and noticed a cop enter the intersection a block behind them

he pulled them over for the stated reason of wanting to check out their plates as to him it looked fake - after going through the motions and assuring him that they are legit NM plates and the guy ran it through the system, verified, looked at the paperwork etc he then wrote a nice ticket for a 2" crack in my brothers windshield ....... something that he definitely didn't see before pulling him over for some bogus reason and a crack that happened on I-40 on his trip out from catching a rock kicked up by a truck

all in all he wasted a solid 15-20 minutes on this garbage

some just have too much time on their hands and I can definitely see how people get pulled over for minor little details that aren't worth the time to ticket in hopes of finding something more ..... it happens a lot, especially in quiet communities
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #8
MigratingOsprey
Thank You Paul!

definitely a cool story though - nice to hear that he didn't try to big time ....... i haven't had too many encounters with athletes and most have been favorable

i've seen guys get a little short with fans and unfortunately it was in impromptu auto sessions where you had the pros with their big books shielding away kids and begging for guys to stop and sign and the athlete just blowing the whole group off ........ i can understand that though, even though it sucks for the kid in a couple different way
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:38 AM   #9
Shane
I'm Coming for YOU!

I understand that it CAN happen. I was curious as to what he considered "silly" everyones interpretation is different of what is silly and what isn't.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:39 AM   #10
MigratingOsprey
Thank You Paul!

right on
Old July 14th, 2009, 09:11 AM   #11
DemsMyBoys
Birdgang

Very nice. And I'm sure Sean appreciated how you handled the situation. I've met a number of celebrities and I've been in situations where I could observe them when they've met fans and they (the celebs) can be anything from charmers to stinkers. Sounds like our Sean is a cool, down-to-earth, (and well-read) guy.
DemsMyBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #12
TJ
W.W.R.G.D.

Send a message via Skype™ to TJ
Cool stuff....Sean is a great guy. Means a tremendous amount to this team. We don't win the Dallas game without his blocked punt in the end.

Also a good community guy. I remember he did volunteer work, I think it was with the DOT, to show parents with small children how to properly fasten their car seats.

Anyways, good stuff. The only Card I met recently was Alan Branch. I could have done w/o that meeting.
Old July 14th, 2009, 03:12 PM   #13
Cbus cardsfan
Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

if you want to see horror stories about a police department pulling people over for "silly" reasons do a search on New Rome Police department. Here's the wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Rome,_Ohio

this was about a mile from where i grew up. It's an amazing story of how corrupt they were.They finally were shut down by the State. They once pulled me over because the cop sais he mis-read my license tag. He said he thought it was a 5 instead of 6.
Cbus cardsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #14
jefftheshark
Now 20% Fat Free!

Quote:
I was curious as to what he considered "silly"
I'm guessing:

A.R.S 28-728: Driving a Mini-Clown Car While Not Wearing a Fez

JTS
jefftheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #15