Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #46
CatBoxBackFan
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzStevenCal View Post
This just in from the High Speed Sports Wire!!!

Steve
+10

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #47
Chris_Sanders
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris_Sanders Send a message via AIM to Chris_Sanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHopToad View Post
And some of us remember the Hacksaw years.......a different kind of wonderful.
Hacksaw was really awesome.
Old July 25th, 2011, 06:37 AM   #48
redheat
Registered

How can you not like Calvisi and Paul's call. Its always witty and funny.

Well atleast detour dan is still there. ITs friday!!!!
redheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #49
Jersey Girl
Stand down

Send a message via Yahoo to Jersey Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Have you tried 1060AM lately?

Local sports talk all day...It's the best shows they have ever had.
Guess I will have to check that out. I can't stand Gambo. I heard Ash talking the other day about something he said that might get him fired. I thought he was kidding. I can't remember what the hell it was though or if it had anything to do with anything. Perhaps he knew this was coming.

Guess I will move to 1060 AM in the morning, not that it matters all that much now that my work commute is only 8 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheat View Post
How can you not like Calvisi and Paul's call. Its always witty and funny.

Well atleast detour dan is still there. ITs friday!!!!
I think Calvisi is way over the top. He is the epitome of the cheesey radio guy. I don't dislike him, but there are some days when I just can't listen to him at all.

Rest in peace, Jenn.
Rest in peace, Bill. Slainte!
Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #50
krepitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I think Calvisi is way over the top. He is the epitome of the cheesey radio guy. I don't dislike him, but there are some days when I just can't listen to him at all.
Agree. This plus the "THE MOST AMAZING THING IN THE WORLD JUST HAPPENED!!!...we'll tell you what it is after this" teases is why I stopped listening to 620.

On the drive to work, I just listen to the iPod, then start streaming Chuck & Vince when I get to the office. I miss the first hour of the show, but stream the podcast later that day.

While I'm on the subject, I used to listen to Bickley and MJ every day, too, but it seems like whenever I tune them in, they're either replaying an interview they've already aired, replaying a huge piece of the Dan Patrick show or talking to that concert promoter that has nothing to do with sports.

/rant
krepitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:42 AM   #51
chickenhead

I'd usually turn down the volume during any of Gambo or Wolf's commercial endorsements at any time of the day, so that tells me where I stand on them.

But at least if you listen long enough to KTAR you'll find yourself floating in the action as described by Greg Schulte. Once Al McCoy retires (hopefully never) a lot of people will start to realize just how important Schulte is to Phoenix sports himself.
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #52
krepitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhead View Post
I'd usually turn down the volume during any of Gambo or Wolf's commercial endorsements at any time of the day, so that tells me where I stand on them.

But at least if you listen long enough to KTAR you'll find yourself floating in the action as described by Greg Schulte. Once Al McCoy retires (hopefully never) a lot of people will start to realize just how important Schulte is to Phoenix sports himself.
I remember when Greg Schulte co-hosted 620 Sportsline, back when sports talk radio was reasonable people talking about sports, not shock jocks trying to get attention. Also, I remember Todd Walsh sending me a signed letter after I called in for some reason and thought that was very nice of him.
krepitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #53
Azlen
Registered

I remember listening to John Moynihan at night on KOY. I think he had the same callers every night.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #54
MadCardDisease

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAnna View Post
Wow, that's surprising. I can't handle the constant screeching from Calvisi and Franz; Wolfley is ok for a little bit, but gets old after a while.

I actually liked Gambo and Ash together; too bad.

Totally agree.
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:58 AM   #55
JCSunsfan

I find Bickley's smarmy, holier than thou, attitude absolutely unlistenable. Add to that a voice that sounds like a car starter turning over and over and it is just painful.

I could listen to La Cava on the radio. He sounds a lot more knowledgable if you don't have to look at his face while he is talking.

I remember doing homework while listening to Lee Hamilton. Why is it that it is so hard to find someone to do radio who actually has a voice for radio, has true knowledge of the sports scene and a slight bit of decency and class.
JCSunsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #56
asudevil83

They are ALL terrible. the most stomachable was Gambo and Ash though.

And switching up the lineup isnt going to make the station as a whole any more tolerable. I'll just be annoyed by certain people and different times of the day now.

and i WILL not be listening to Doug and Wolfe in the afternoon. that is for sure. the ONLY reason i listened to them in the morning because between 910 and 620, they were the only locals. i think i'll be giving 1060 a try for now at all times of the day.
asudevil83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #57
DarenG
Can't Stop the Signal

I wonder what Ash did? I am kind of surprised though that Gambo is not standing by his side. They negotiated every contract together with each other. They coordinated the move to KTAR. They have done everything as a team.

Either Ash and Gambo's partnership went south which might explain why Gambo is not standing by him or Gambo is a turn coat. Seriously, the two of them could quit KTAR tomorrow and get another gig.

Like them or hate them, they have been the ratings kings as a pair.
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #58
WildBB
whhhhooooooossssshhhhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post
I wonder what Ash did? I am kind of surprised though that Gambo is not standing by his side. They negotiated every contract together with each other. They coordinated the move to KTAR. They have done everything as a team.

Either Ash and Gambo's partnership went south which might explain why Gambo is not standing by him or Gambo is a turn coat. Seriously, the two of them could quit KTAR tomorrow and get another gig.

Both probobly are trying to go the LaCava route to get into network sportscasting.

They are staking out on their own for bigger things, IMO.
JS - CoL - RIP - #1
WildBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #59
Evil Ash
Henchman Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post

Likely Ash did nothing to get fired but it was simply a money issue. When the people in charge emphasize that "it isn't about the money," 99 times out of 100 it is.
Old July 31st, 2011, 02:05 PM   #60
Brian in Mesa
BIMô

Send a message via MSN to Brian in Mesa Send a message via Yahoo to Brian in Mesa
http://www.facebook.com/BringBackMarkAsher