Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Arizona Cardinals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2004, 11:01 AM   #16
vikesfan
Banned
 
vikesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,007
Yes the Giants would trade with the Cards so they don't trade with someone else. I think at best to move up they would give us a 4th if it was a 3rd that would be sweet.

At #4 the Cards would either take M Williams or Taylor. Josh is Ben more or less.

Gallery is tempting. But you can get a good O-Lineman at #33. Bring in Carey and put him in at RT or if he's better then LJ do the same switch you suggest move LJ to RT (is he big enough) and move Carey to LT.

There is STILL 3 big holes on this team... an OT a DT and a CB.
And this needs to be filled with FA Round 2 pick and Round 3 pick. That 3 pick is not that sure you probably will not be able to address need. With the 2 pick I am confident a CB an OT a DT will all be there but you can only take one of those three.




vikesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2004, 12:38 PM   #17
spanky1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 4,713
Quote:
Originally posted by vikesfan
Yes the Giants would trade with the Cards so they don't trade with someone else. I think at best to move up they would give us a 4th if it was a 3rd that would be sweet.

At #4 the Cards would either take M Williams or Taylor. Josh is Ben more or less.

Gallery is tempting. But you can get a good O-Lineman at #33. Bring in Carey and put him in at RT or if he's better then LJ do the same switch you suggest move LJ to RT (is he big enough) and move Carey to LT.

There is STILL 3 big holes on this team... an OT a DT and a CB.
And this needs to be filled with FA Round 2 pick and Round 3 pick. That 3 pick is not that sure you probably will not be able to address need. With the 2 pick I am confident a CB an OT a DT will all be there but you can only take one of those three.
Still want to move LJ from LT I see.... Clement will be our RT. Donnell Washington is a more critical need at DT (#33) than an O-Lineman.

And if the Giants do want to move up, it will cost them their 3rd rounder. And Green would be ecstatic to have the extra pick and Mike Williams.
spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2004, 12:53 PM   #18
CardShark
DEAL WITH IT!
 
CardShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Florence, Arizona
Age: 53
Posts: 2,578
I could see the Redskins wanting to move up to get Gallery.
__________________
CardShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2004, 01:09 PM   #19
spanky1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 4,713
Quote:
Originally posted by CardShark
I could see the Redskins wanting to move up to get Gallery.
They have no ammo left in their gun......they only have the 5th and a 5th rounder left.
spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2004, 06:43 PM   #20
abcard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Age: 59
Posts: 84
I'd make that trade and then see if Cleveland would want to see if cleveland would trade their 1st and 2nd for our 1st and 4th. we still could choose any of the Williams orTaylor at #7 and have two 2s and two 3s.With any luck a 3rd round compenitory pick to replace 4th rounder we traded.
abcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2004, 06:45 PM   #21
Evil Ash
Henchman Supreme
 
Evil Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: On a flying cocoon
Age: 34
Posts: 8,218
Quote:
Originally posted by spanky1
They have no ammo left in their gun......they only have the 5th and a 5th rounder left.
and they might lose that 5th rounder soon. According to Jurecki, the Redskins signed a RFA CB (can't remember the name) that will cost them a 5th rounder.
__________________
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. This is my work station...
Evil Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2004, 06:57 PM   #22
CardinalChris
Big Man Himself
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fresno, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 3,929
Quote:
Originally posted by wembley88
I dont understand Kirwan's theory. If Fitz and Manning are gone, and we'd only trade once we know they are, why would the Giants trade up one spot when they know we're not going to take Gallery and it falls to them anyway?

Presumably only to prevent an unlikely trade with another top 7 pick team?
So that somebody doesn't make the trade with Arizona and snatch Gallery at #3
__________________
War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
CardinalChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mike williams, sean taylor



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
 



Latest Threads
- by Azlen
- by DarenG
- by Lefty
- by Gee!
- by Catfish
 




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002 - 2014 ArizonaSportsFans.com
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design