Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old January 28th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #16
Catfish
Registered

The thing about most of Q's injuries, was that they were soft tissue types, (hamstrings), which are exactly the type of injuries that Lott has eliminated for the most part here. Q kept having them over and over, yet continued to work out on his own, which was probably leaning toward strength training. Lott chose to not only work on strength but on elasticity, (stretching), in the larger, more used muscle groups. Boldin did not obviously get that kind of conditioning.

Just as an aside however, if I were going to, (leak), a false rumor, I would look to someone like Jureki to leak it to. He has not exactly been a pillar of knowlege and solid inside information so far as I have seen when it concerns the Cardinals.

Last edited by Catfish; January 28th, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #17
Zona_T6

why get rid of him, why not make him train with who he is supposed to train with. You know what you get with him, he put up great numbers even though he was injured. If you take away the injuries he's potentially got pro bowl numbers. That's not a valid reason to trade him in my opinion, he's a great receiver.
Zona_T6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #18
Shane
I'm Coming for YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
The thing about most of Q's injuries, was that they were soft tissue types, (hamstrings), which are exactly the type of injuries that Lott has eliminated for the most part here. Q kept having them over and over, yet continued to work out on his own, which was probably leaning toward strength training. Lott chose to not only work on strength but on elasticity, (stretching), in the larger, more used muscle groups. Boldin did not obviously get that kind of conditioning.

Just as an aside however, if I were going to, (leak), a false rumor, I would look to someone like Jureki to leak it to. He has not exactly been a pillar of knowlege and solid inside information so far as I have seen when it concerns the Cardinals.
Actually most of Q's injuries outside of the hammy at the beginning of this year and the playoffs last year haven't been hammy's (IE soft tissue).

His first major injury with the team was a meniscus tear in his knee. Last year it was a broken face. This year It has been two ankle sprains(both high) and a sprained MCL. None of which classify as soft tissue. In one of the other seasons he dislocated his big toe. In another one he fractured his hip and tore the muscle from the bone all at the same time. Not really any that I would qualify as soft tissue injuries.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #19
Catfish
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane H View Post
Actually most of Q's injuries outside of the hammy at the beginning of this year and the playoffs last year haven't been hammy's (IE soft tissue).

His first major injury with the team was a meniscus tear in his knee. Last year it was a broken face. This year It has been two ankle sprains(both high) and a sprained MCL. None of which classify as soft tissue. In one of the other seasons he dislocated his big toe. In another one he fractured his hip and tore the muscle from the bone all at the same time. Not really any that I would qualify as soft tissue injuries.
He held out of two training camps with hammies-----
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #20
Shane
I'm Coming for YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
He held out of two training camps with hammies-----
Both faked. We all know that.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #21
Zeno
Ancient

Edwards would be a good choice as back up to Leinart. He's smart, young and fairly experienced, if he wouldn't cost us a thing to get why not?
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #22
WarnerHOF
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zona_T6 View Post
why get rid of him, why not make him train with who he is supposed to train with. You know what you get with him, he put up great numbers even though he was injured. If you take away the injuries he's potentially got pro bowl numbers. That's not a valid reason to trade him in my opinion, he's a great receiver.
We are in desperate need of draft picks to improve the defense. Q is a top 10 WR but the fact that our offense doesn't miss a beat when he's not around makes him expendable.
WarnerHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #23
Snakester
Draft Man

Send a message via Yahoo to Snakester
I hope Boldin comes back. I would like to see us re-sign him. If we do end up trading him I hope its for a first rounder. A second rounder would be too little for one of the best receivers in the NFL. A third rounder would tell me that the the front office needs to be fired. I have watched this team since about 1970 and there are only two wide receivers that I can think of that were better than Boldin. Fitz and Roy Green. We are so spoiled with the quality of our receiving corps right now that we forget just how rare it has been to have two great wideouts on the team at the same time. Boldin has calmed down since hiring a new agent.

We also forget how few players are warriors on the field the way Boldin is. The last offensive player that I can remember to fight for every yard and to be the leader on the field that Boldin is was Larry Centers. Boldin brings so much to the table that I think this team needs to find a way to keep him.
]
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:29 AM   #24
Cbus cardsfan
Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

trade Boldin, keep Dansby.
Cbus cardsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #25
joeshmo
Kangol Hat Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ UofA2004 View Post
Then again, this is Jurecki we are referencing. Take his word with a grain of salt
They guy has more information then people want to believe or give him credit for, people just don't want to believe it or pass it off because he follows it up with a negative comment.
Old January 29th, 2010, 07:17 AM   #26
MadCardDisease

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmo View Post
They guy has more information then people want to believe or give him credit for, people just don't want to believe it or pass it off because he follows it up with a negative comment.
I agree. I'm not a big fan of his but he does tend to have good info on the Cards. Although Urban is probalby the best.
Old January 29th, 2010, 08:04 AM   #27
Treefiddy
Richard Cranium

I would be very happy if we got a 2nd round pick for Boldin.

I also wouldn't ming getting Trent Edwards to backup Leinart. Gives us young talent to check out if Leinart completely craps the bed early in the season.

Not sure where MJ got all his information on the Trent Edwards thing; last night while they were taking callers, someone mentioned Trent Edwards, they didn't talk about it much at the time so I'm wondering if they broke it down and talked it about it later.
Treefiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 08:08 AM   #28
TJ
Player Haters

Send a message via Skype™ to TJ
I think about it this way:

With a proven receiver in Breaston and an up and comer in Doucet, trading Q would not hurt too much. I don't think anyone is going to give us a first round pick, but the Cards should use leverage by starting a bidding war with a bunch of teams as there is plenty of interest for Q's services. The team should aim high and try to get two picks out of the trade. Conservatively, I am thinking a 2nd and a 5th.
Old January 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM   #29
TJ
Player Haters

Send a message via Skype™ to TJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmo View Post
I'm not saying he isnt a wealth of knowledge but he like his counterpart Bickley have the tendency to talk out of their collective asses. I stopped listening to their show about a year ago because of too much blabbering and man love for midwest teams.
Old January 29th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #30
BW52
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbus cardsfan View Post
trade Boldin, keep Dansby.

t.rade Boldin.Let Dansby go....he isn`t worth the money he wants IMO.
BW52 is offline   Reply With Quote