Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Old July 30th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #1
ajcardfan
I see you.

Ch 10 reports..

Levi Brown "very close" to signing a 5 yr deal, 18 million guaranteed 42.5 million overall.

We live in a world which is full of misery and ignorance, and the plain duty of each and all of us is to try to make the little corner he can influence somewhat less miserable and somewhat less ignorant than it was before he entered it.

T.H. Huxley
ajcardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #2
cheesebeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcardfan View Post
Levi Brown "very close" to signing a 5 yr deal, 18 million guaranteed 42.5 million overall.
good.

Mulli is smarter than the Cheese!
cheesebeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #3
boldinfan18

very nice hope its true
boldinfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:31 PM   #4
dogpoo32
meh

Fingers crossed!

dogpoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:34 PM   #5
AZCB34

Quote:
After the 5 year deals were inked around him, I was wondering if the Cards would have to cave into giving Levi a 5 year deal instead of the 6 year deal they apparently were demanding.

Hopefully it gets done ASAP.
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:37 PM   #6
Gambit
First-Class Second-Rate Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCB34 View Post
After the 5 year deals were inked around him, I was wondering if the Cards would have to cave into giving Levi a 5 year deal instead of the 6 year deal they apparently were demanding.

Hopefully it gets done ASAP.

Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #7
Crazy Canuck
Banned

FLAGSTAFF – Just when it looked like negotiations would be made easy for unsigned No. 1 choice Levi Brown, Monday didn’t turn out that way.

Despite the fact agent Joel Segal, who also represents No. 6 pick LaRon Landry of the Redskins, got a Landry deal done Sunday night, Segal remained in Washington much of Monday. As of Monday afternoon, Cardinals general manager Rod Graves had yet to have any further talks with Segal about Brown, the Cards’ future right tackle.

Graves was hopeful the two sides would talk sometime Monday evening and negotiations would go into the night. The Cardinals feel their current offer – which has been on the table for a while – is in line with the market, a thought that did not change once the deals of both Landry and No. 4 pick Gaines Adams were reported.
Crazy Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #8
Goober Man
Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
FLAGSTAFF – Just when it looked like negotiations would be made easy for unsigned No. 1 choice Levi Brown, Monday didn’t turn out that way.

Despite the fact agent Joel Segal, who also represents No. 6 pick LaRon Landry of the Redskins, got a Landry deal done Sunday night, Segal remained in Washington much of Monday. As of Monday afternoon, Cardinals general manager Rod Graves had yet to have any further talks with Segal about Brown, the Cards’ future right tackle.

Graves was hopeful the two sides would talk sometime Monday evening and negotiations would go into the night. The Cardinals feel their current offer – which has been on the table for a while – is in line with the market, a thought that did not change once the deals of both Landry and No. 4 pick Gaines Adams were reported.
the day isn't over yet..remember that
Goober Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #9
BullheadCardFan
Go for it.

It really sucks when an agent controls all the talks .. if I was Levi I would be upset with my agent for not getting mine done first ...

BullheadCardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #10
cheesebeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullheadCardFan View Post
It really sucks when an agent controls all the talks .. if I was Levi I would be upset with my agent for not getting mine done first ...
so, we have a holdout for the fifth straight year and even though that agent has gotten the sixth pick in the draft into training camp, this is all the agent's fault... again?

Old July 30th, 2007, 06:28 PM   #11
Stout
I gave my cards a victory...

Quote:
Wow, that's only been reported for the last three or so days. I guess if they say it every day, it's bound to be right one of these days.
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #12
kerouac9
Ready or Not

Look back at the "Leinart Contract News" thread from last year, and you'll see reports worded exactly like this starting in the days before camp began.

Thanks, DesertDawg
kerouac9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #13
BullheadCardFan
Go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebeef View Post
so, we have a holdout for the fifth straight year and even though that agent has gotten the sixth pick in the draft into training camp, this is all the agent's fault... again?
It would help if he was in town .. here in Arizona, not in Washington .. is it all his fault .. ??

I can't say for sure, but he put Landry first and that is no good in my book ...

BullheadCardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:54 PM   #14
cheesebeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullheadCardFan View Post
It would help if he was in town .. here in Arizona, not in Washington .. is it all his fault .. ??

I can't say for sure, but he put Landry first and that is no good in my book ...
I'm pretty sure agents have cell-phones.

Old July 30th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #15
ajcardfan
I see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerouac9 View Post
Look back at the "Leinart Contract News" thread from last year, and you'll see reports worded exactly like this starting in the days before camp began.
Indeed.

But, this is the first one I know of that gave exact dollar and year amounts. They also preceded it with "We have very recent information on the Levi Brown talks". Ch 10 isn't PFT, so they heard it from someone they think knows. Of course, none of that means it's correct.
We live in a world which is full of misery and ignorance, and the plain duty of each and all of us is to try to make the little corner he can influence somewhat less miserable and somewhat less ignorant than it was before he entered it.

T.H. Huxley
ajcardfan is offline   Reply With Quote