ok, I'm calm now. sorry about last night. I let my emotions get the best of me. I apologize to any that I may have offended. I understand that the immediate firing of Mac and his staff are not in the best intersts of the team. Now that I have thought things over calmly and coolly, there are several aspects of the cardinals that I'm not ready to give up on:
1. The offensive line (yes, including clement). Run blocking was good and pass protection was ok yesterday. Davis looked more dominating. Clement played arguably his best game against the ravens.
2. Jeff blake
. I say let him sit for one game to cool down and take some of the pressure off. as effortless as that first drive looked yesterday, I have to think that he may still be our number one option for the beginning of 2004.
3. Adrian Wilson
. Seven tackles yesterday, some of them sloberknockers. Real solid performance against the ravens. If he gets some coaching, he may yet still be a probowler.
4. Hill and Barrett. How can you give up on Renaldo? plays the run decent, respectable technique and he never gets hurt. At worst hes a second stringer, in the right scheme with a decent pass rush hes an ok nickle back. Barrett had four tackles yesterday. Even with our horrid pass rush the guy is doing ok. Again, you improve the pass rush and scheme, and this guy is an honest to goodness legitimate #2 corner.
These guys are an easy target for the darksiders because they don't have the pedigree or history, and they have poor coaching and a non existent pass rush. the darksiders make them scapegoats when they don't have a chance and I'm tired of it.
5. gilmore - had that one glaring drop in dallas, but seems to be improving.
6. ronnie mac - darksiders want to bury him but hes only 30 for goodness sake. He's got to compete for a job in camp next year, but he starts the rest of 2003 without quesiton.
7. Levar Fisher - hes seems to be around the ball more the past two or three games. Hes coming on in my opinion.
8. Graves - at least hes making progress vs his predecessors. I think thats all you can ask for. If he can improve upon this year, wont that make him at least average, if not good? won't that be enough to get the team in the right direction?
Everybody else is either good enough that it goes without saying that there on this list, or bad enough so that they are not on this list. you can infer. I'm going to try not to be so vocal ripping coaches. also, I did not consider the 2nd and 3rd stringers that much (guys like King) so I'm not implying anything about them.