Enjoy an Ads-Free ASFN - lighter and faster too! Become an ASFN-Contributor and help support the site.
Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Other Stuff > TV Shows

Old April 30th, 2003, 07:27 PM   #1
AZCB34

West Wing

For those who watch West Wing, a question. Matthew Perry has a role now on the show. I am curious if anyone else thinks this was set up as a port-Friends TV gig since the cast of Friends were supposedly riding off into the sunset. I mean there have been other recurring roles but none by actors who had regular shows...and a regular show that was about to end at one point.
Enjoy an Ads-Free ASFN - lighter and faster too! Become an ASFN-Contributor and help support the site.
Old April 30th, 2003, 08:08 PM   #2
Mike Olbinski
Formerly Chandler Mike

Send a message via ICQ to Mike Olbinski Send a message via AIM to Mike Olbinski Send a message via MSN to Mike Olbinski Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Olbinski
I don't think it means anything, since I believe Friends is coming back next year.

West Wing does a lot of these story arcs with actors who are in the show for 3-4 episodes...Christian Slater, Mark Harmon, Matthew Perry.

However, whatever the reason, I love him on this show, I think he adds a nice element and I really enjoyed tonight's episode.

Mike
Old May 1st, 2003, 09:06 AM   #3
AZCB34

Quote:
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
I don't think it means anything, since I believe Friends is coming back next year.

West Wing does a lot of these story arcs with actors who are in the show for 3-4 episodes...Christian Slater, Mark Harmon, Matthew Perry.

However, whatever the reason, I love him on this show, I think he adds a nice element and I really enjoyed tonight's episode.

Mike
I really enjoyed it as well (series is fantastic). My wife and I were discussing the Perry issue and we knew they have recurring roles and that but we wondered if Perry was cast as the lawyer before the Friends cast renewed for one more year since as early as December (?) this was still going to be the final year.

In an event, I hope he stays around. I like his acting in this role and enjoy the addition of a Rep attitude to the show to play off of the Dem White House...kind of like I enjoyed Ainsley hayes for the same reason...and another reason
Old May 1st, 2003, 09:37 AM   #4
Mike Olbinski
Formerly Chandler Mike

Send a message via ICQ to Mike Olbinski Send a message via AIM to Mike Olbinski Send a message via MSN to Mike Olbinski Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Olbinski
Quote:
Originally posted by AZCB34
In an event, I hope he stays around. I like his acting in this role and enjoy the addition of a Rep attitude to the show to play off of the Dem White House...kind of like I enjoyed Ainsley hayes for the same reason...and another reason

I agree, I'd love to see him stick around for next season too, but I wonder if they can afford to pay that many stars.

It was cool that in the first one he was in, he didn't really act like "Chandler" by being funny and all, he was just serious and had a dry humor which was much different.

Then last night, they kind of brought some of his normal humor into the show...it was great, he's definitely one of my favorite actors.

Mike
Old May 1st, 2003, 09:45 AM   #5
AZCB34

Quote:
Then last night, they kind of brought some of his normal humor into the show...it was great, he's definitely one of my favorite actors.

Mike
But last night's humor was still very unChandlerlike which is cool. But they did let him join in the comical side of the show which was nice. Got another question for you.

After Josh/Joe/CJ/Toby left the VPs office after confronting him on the affair, Josh said to Joe "I hope I didn't see you smile in there." I assume that was in reference to him being a Rep and seeing a Dem VP get taken down? My initial reaction was it was in with the history Josh and the VP had together but the more I thought about it I figured it was a political party thing.
Old May 1st, 2003, 09:47 AM   #6
WizardOfAz
Banned

But was he this good:
Attached Images

WizardOfAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 09:52 AM   #7
Mike Olbinski
Formerly Chandler Mike

Quote:
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
But was he this good:
Maybe, but Poppy from Without A Trace would top both of them

Mike
Attached Images

Old May 1st, 2003, 09:53 AM   #8
Mike Olbinski
Formerly Chandler Mike

Quote:
After Josh/Joe/CJ/Toby left the VPs office after confronting him on the affair, Josh said to Joe "I hope I didn't see you smile in there." I assume that was in reference to him being a Rep and seeing a Dem VP get taken down? My initial reaction was it was in with the history Josh and the VP had together but the more I thought about it I figured it was a political party thing.

Yeah, it had to be a Dem v Rep thing...I saw no other reason, and Josh isn't really a jerk like that.

Good episode, had me glued to the TV.

Mike
Old May 1st, 2003, 10:03 AM   #9
AZCB34

Quote:
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
But was he this good:
Like I said he ain't Ainsley.
Old May 1st, 2003, 10:05 AM   #10
AZCB34

Quote:
Yeah, it had to be a Dem v Rep thing...I saw no other reason, and Josh isn't really a jerk like that.

Good episode, had me glued to the TV.

Mike
Little concerned about this kidnapping next week. Last thing I want is for this series to start wandering into wierd crap. Er kind of did that and lost me from the early days. Let's try and keep this thing real.
Old May 1st, 2003, 10:07 AM   #11
Mike Olbinski
Formerly Chandler Mike

Quote:
Little concerned about this kidnapping next week. Last thing I want is for this series to start wandering into wierd crap. Er kind of did that and lost me from the early days. Let's try and keep this thing real.
Yeah, my wife saw that...looks like they are starting to go to these extreme episodes...kidnapping looks weird.

The show is good without having to start going crazy.

Mike
Old May 1st, 2003, 10:11 AM   #12
WizardOfAz
Banned

Here's is the promo from NBC's page:

COMMENCEMENT

9pm 2003-05-07 ALL NEW!

With the country at a heightened state of alert because suspected terrorists have disappeared, the President (Martin Sheen) wrestles with what message to give his youngest daughter Zoey's (guest star Elisabeth Moss) graduating class at Georgetown. As C.J. (Allison Janney) has to stop Danny (Timothy Busfield) from filing a story, Charlie (Dule Hill) decides whether to follow through a romantic promise he made to Zoey when they were dating. Taye Diggs ("Chicago," "How Stella Got Her Groove Back") guest stars as the new head of Zoey's secret service detail. TV-PG.
Old May 1st, 2003, 12:30 PM   #13
FischerKing
Beer me a post...

Quote:
...had me glued to the TV...

Mike
Super or Elmers?

Shawn

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if
you win, you are still retarded..."

"I can't trust a woman who would marry me." ~ AzCards21

"I don't care what you believe, keep your religion out of my peanut butter!" ~ Assface
FischerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 07:56 PM   #14
WizardOfAz
Banned

Anybody else watch tonight?

I still can't decide what to think.....
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:02 PM   #15
Mike Olbinski
Formerly Chandler Mike

West Wing 5/7 spoilers!

Wizard, saw your post on the other thread, wanted to start this new one.

HOLY CRAP!

The last 10 minutes of this week's episode was almost more tense than an hour of 24. The beat in the background, Zoey being kidnapped...all SUPERBLY done in my opinion...

Yeah, it's a little much, but this is the season finale part 1, so of course it's going to be huge.

Can't wait to see next week, man.

Mike

Tags
chandler mike