Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Other Stuff > TV Shows

Old January 14th, 2005, 08:09 AM   #271
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swd1974
I think it was very evident Locke knows about the island. And he wanted the kid to see it too.

What a great episode. When he said he felt relieved man that was a great scene with Locke.\\

Edit:

oh btw is it me or does it seem all the survivors were people who didnt want to be going where the plane was going? Except for the cop who died shortly after i guess.
They also all seem to have some big skeleton in their closet which brings up the whole purgatory angle again. The doctor (father killed the patient), Kate(killed the man she loved), Boone and his half sister doing the deed, Sawyer, Sayid having been in the Republican guard. We don't know yet what Locke's was, the guy who barely knew his son his "sin" could be that.

I'm still also really wondering where Hurley fits into all this(besides just being funny)?

ďYour expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just canít stop working, canít stop getting better, because Iíll be a failure in my eyes before Iím a failure in someone elseís eyes.Ē -- Arron Afflalo
Russ Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 08:02 AM   #272
jf-08
Admin

WTF - the previews for next week's show looks like a rerun when Sayid was captured by the French fry.

Another good episode last night - the character development in this show is fantastic. The background on Walt and Michael was very interesting and sad.

I am beginning to think that the kid may have had something to do with the crash.

Play hard, get dirty and never make eye-contact with the man you're going to blind-side. - Hardy Brown

RIP Skkorp, KoC, Danny_L, jstadvl, O and duckjake.

jf-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 09:43 AM   #273
maddogkf
You think KFCs still open

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardFan
Yeah, I brought that up here a long time ago.

Didn't realize that one.

I noticed that too.

While on the one hand, I think it's a cool idea to inextricably link all the goings-on to one child, I worry that makes things too limiting and too pat. I guess the same could be said for Claire's baby. Should it be omni-important?

One of the cool things about this show so far is that there are so many pokers in the fire.

bravo

maddogkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 10:07 AM   #274
SirStefan32
Krycek, Alex Krycek

Send a message via AIM to SirStefan32
I am loving this show more and more every week.

From the Jan 23 TVGuide with another Desperate Housewives cover:

The Ausiello Report
by Michael Ausiello

X-Files Star Gets Lost
Here's a bombshell about an upcoming episode of ABC's Lost. "We actually have stunt casting," executive producer Carlton Cuse proclaims. No, Ricardo Montalban isn't washing ashore. Rather, X-Files star Robert Patrick will appear in flashbacks next month as Sawyer's (Josh Holloway) precrash partner in crime. Look for the duo's mainland misdaventures to become one of Lost's many recurring subplots. "We thought this could almost be like a little show-within-a-show," Cuse says. "We could sort of revisit Sawyer's past and see these two con men [in action]." In the meantime, I gotta know if there's any truth to rumors that a castaway's gonna get whacked this season. "That's probably going to hapen," Cuse teases. "And it's going to be someone you're invested in." That's what I was afraid of.

"If people would know the things I know, we'd all fall apart."

"Once again, tonight, the course of human history will be set by two unknown men standing in the shadows."

Cigarette Smoking Man
SirStefan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 10:09 AM   #275
jf-08
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirStefan32
In the meantime, I gotta know if there's any truth to rumors that a castaway's gonna get whacked this season. "That's probably going to hapen," Cuse teases. "And it's going to be someone you're invested in." That's what I was afraid of.
Well so far both Shannon and Charlie have died.

Play hard, get dirty and never make eye-contact with the man you're going to blind-side. - Hardy Brown

Old January 20th, 2005, 12:50 PM   #276
CaptTurbo
Registered

Send a message via AIM to CaptTurbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkf296
Well so far both Shannon and Charlie have died.
huh
CaptTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #277
jf-08
Admin

Quote:
huh
Charlie died when he was kidnapped by Ethan and hung in the tree. Jack brought him back to life w/ CPR.

Shannon died when Boone hallucinated. She really didn't die, but the viewer was led to believe she did.

This is what I think the execs are talking about, kind of a twist on the word "died."

Old January 20th, 2005, 02:31 PM   #278
SirStefan32
Krycek, Alex Krycek

Send a message via AIM to SirStefan32
No, I don't have the link with me, but they said that somebody will actually die. As in really die.

"If people would know the things I know, we'd all fall apart."

"Once again, tonight, the course of human history will be set by two unknown men standing in the shadows."

Cigarette Smoking Man
SirStefan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 03:17 PM   #279
Evil Ash
Henchman Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkf296
WTF - the previews for next week's show looks like a rerun when Sayid was captured by the French fry.
Its a rerun next week. I hate that they took a week off especially after that last episode and that ENDING, which was on of the best ones yet.

Quote:
Another good episode last night - the character development in this show is fantastic. The background on Walt and Michael was very interesting and sad.

I am beginning to think that the kid may have had something to do with the crash.
This last episode was solid (hell at moments it had me almost breaking into tears). The character development of this show is fantastic and what makes it such a good show.

Walt's mom - what a bitch!! First she takes off for a job without talking to Michael at all about it, then she marries the guy who hired her, then she only shows up to see Michael only to tell him that the guy she married is going to adopt Walt, and on top of all that she withholds letters and cards that Michael made for Walt.

I'm not sure about the theory about the kid causing the crash although I do think he has a great deal to do with stuff that goes on the island (namely the polar bears).

I still think it has more to do with Claire's baby and the whackos on the island. I just have this funny feeling that Claire's baby is supposed to be the antichrist or something.

Although here's something to think about (although I might be wrong on this). In all of the flashbacks involving the flight itself we don't ever see Walt, Michael, or Claire. Hmmmm
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:06 AM   #280
CaptTurbo
Registered

Send a message via AIM to CaptTurbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ash
Its a rerun next week. I hate that they took a week off especially after that last episode and that ENDING, which was on of the best ones yet.
Hmmmm

They are really screwing the pooch on having a consistant time and place for this show.
CaptTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 08:32 AM   #281
Jersey Girl
Stand down

Send a message via Yahoo to Jersey Girl
Okay, the triangle on the map had me thinking "Bermuda Triangle" but they would have had to have been really off course for that, right?

Also, I rewatched the episode and both Walt's mom's husband and Locke said Walt was "different."

I think Boone has a whole new look about him now that he is hanging with Locke. Loved when he told Shannon "No thanks" to her request about helping her.

I love this show and am actually looking forward to seeing the rerun next week.

Rest in peace, Jenn.
Rest in peace, Bill. Slainte!
Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 09:03 AM   #282
Mike Olbinski
Formerly Chandler Mike

Send a message via ICQ to Mike Olbinski Send a message via AIM to Mike Olbinski Send a message via MSN to Mike Olbinski Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Olbinski
Quote:
They are really screwing the pooch on having a consistant time and place for this show.

huh? They DO have a consistent time and place, lol...

Mike
Old February 8th, 2005, 04:15 PM   #283
Town Drunk
Longest serving ASFN lurker

Thought this deserved a bump.

A new episode is on tomorrow.

From the commercials I've seen, it looks like this will be the episode in which one of the survivors die.

I wonder who it will be?
Town Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2005, 06:40 PM   #284
maddogkf
You think KFCs still open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town Drunk
Thought this deserved a bump.

A new episode is on tomorrow.

From the commercials I've seen, it looks like this will be the episode in which one of the survivors die.

I wonder who it will be?
cool. thanks for the reminder

maddogkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #285
MaoTosiFanClub
What Goes Around Comes Around

If I had to guess, I'd say Sawyer is a goner.
MaoTosiFanClub is offline   Reply With Quote