Tighten & Tone up in 30 days
If you need to get in shape quick for a special day coming up, then give this workout
a try. It targets all your muscles and pumps up the heart, your legs especially will get
hammered! All you need to purchase is a jump rope, any type will do, most prefer the
leather type. Drink plenty of water during and after the drill.
The below drill is the goal to shoot for. It will change your body drastically, providing
you are still continuing with your boxing program two times per week or whatever you
choose to do for two other days (weightlifting, machine circuit training, etc.).
Begin at a comfortable pace, meaning, do whatever amount & duration you can. You
might only be able to do 2 rounds of jump rope for 30 seconds, that's fine, you still must
complete numbers 1 - 8. Just keep pushing yourself, by the end of your second week
you should be able to double with what you started off with.
1. Jump Rope: 4 rounds of 1 1/2 minutes [Beginner: 2 rounds of 30+ seconds]
2. Ab Crunches: 25 - 50 reps x 2 sets [Beginner: 8 - 12 reps x 1 set]
3. Jump Rope: 2 rounds of 1 1/2 minutes [Beginner: 2 rounds of 30+ seconds]
4. Pushups: 10 - 20 reps x 3 sets [Beginner: 8 -12 reps x 2 sets]
5. Jump Rope: 1 round until breathless [Beginner: same, jump until breathless]
6. Tricep Dips: 12 - 15 reps x 3 sets [Beginner: 8 - 10 x 2 sets]
7. Ab Crunches: 25 - 50 reps x 2 sets [Beginner: 8 - 12 reps x 1 set]
8. Karate Squats: 10 - 20 reps x 3 sets [Beginner: 10 reps x 2 sets]
Do this routine 3 days a week.
Tricep Dips can be performed using a chair, keep your elbows slightly tucked in, donít
allow them to flair out too wide.
How to do a Karate Squat:
Feet shoulder width apart, hands on hips, squat down to parallel position, making sure
that your knees do not extend beyond your toes. In down position raise your arms
forward (straight out), hands back on hips as you straighten your knees coming up.
(Go to gym photos then click on clients to see mine!!)