Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > More Sports > World Sports

Old April 11th, 2012, 07:24 AM   #136
dreamcastrocks
Chopped Liver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout View Post
Yeah, Balotelli should have been hammered. I think I read that Mancini won't play him the rest of the season, though.

Well, although I doubt Newcastle have a chance of catching Arsenal up, we have to try. Maybe Wolves can hel--okay, I can't even finish that sentence lol
I heard (via ESPN Dan Thomas) that he was suspended for 3 games, but not for that issue....

Old April 11th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #137
Mathew81
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcastrocks View Post
I heard (via ESPN Dan Thomas) that he was suspended for 3 games, but not for that issue....
He was suspended because he was sent off for picking up 2 yellows later in the game. He already had a red card or 2 earlier in the season so it was an automatic 3 game suspension.

Arsenal currently up 2-0 at halftime.
Mathew81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #138
Mathew81
Whatever

What a crap performance today. I know Wigan have been playing well recently but there's no excuse to giving up 2 goals in the first 8 minutes.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #139
Stout
I gave my cards a victory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew81 View Post
What a crap performance today. I know Wigan have been playing well recently but there's no excuse to giving up 2 goals in the first 8 minutes.
That was a shocking game. I still don't think Newcastle can catch you, but I hope the Magpies give it a good go.
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #140
Mathew81
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout View Post
That was a shocking game. I still don't think Newcastle can catch you, but I hope the Magpies give it a good go.
I hope you're right but I'm worried. Arteta was injured early in the game and all the reports say it's not looking good. Might miss the last 4 games. I just saw a stat that Arsenal have won 76% of the games he's played and 0% that he hasn't. He's not a superstar player, but he really does keep things moving through the midfield.
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #141
Mathew81
Whatever

1-1 at Stoke. Considering their record up there against the big clubs, it's not a terrible result, especially considering Newcastle lost.

I have to say, I really hate Stoke. Their fans were booing Ramsey all game. I guess they're upset that his leg bones weren't strong enough not to break from Shawcross's horrific tackle 2 years ago. They were also cheering when Koscielny went down with a head injury. Bunch of morons.
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #142
Mathew81
Whatever

It's not even May and Arsenal have a new signing! Lukas Podolski from FC Cologne. Hopefully he's a coming to play alongside RVP instead of replacing him.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...l-for-podolski
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #143
dreamcastrocks
Chopped Liver Moderator

Quote:
It's not even May and Arsenal have a new signing! Lukas Podolski from FC Cologne. Hopefully he's a coming to play alongside RVP instead of replacing him.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...l-for-podolski
I fear replacement. Great signing for them.
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:26 PM   #144
Shzm13
Registered

Send a message via AIM to Shzm13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcastrocks View Post
I fear replacement. Great signing for them.
It'll be tough for RVP to stay if the defense isn't fixed. He wants titles and he's not going to win any at Arsenal unless there are major personnel changes.
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:55 PM   #145
Stout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shzm13 View Post
It'll be tough for RVP to stay if the defense isn't fixed. He wants titles and he's not going to win any at Arsenal unless there are major personnel changes.
He can come to Newcastle, then! We have a top young goalie, a couple of outstanding defenders, one of the top defensive midfielders in the league, and we're supposed to be buying a few stud defenders like Douglas and Vertonghen (sp?). We can...oh, wait, he'll cost a fortune. Never mind

The funky thing is that, even if we could afford him, he wouldn't have a place. Okay, so you'd have to buy him and sell Ba, sure, but I can't believe Newcastle have fixed their striking problems in one season. A season that was supposed to see us fight for survival no less.
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:39 PM   #146
Shzm13
Registered

Send a message via AIM to Shzm13
I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing some of Newcastle's upsets this year. It'll be tough as hell to get into the Champions, but they're definitely one of those underdog teams you can't help but want to see win.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:35 AM   #147
Stout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shzm13 View Post
I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing some of Newcastle's upsets this year. It'll be tough as hell to get into the Champions, but they're definitely one of those underdog teams you can't help but want to see win.
Yeah, if we had beat Wigan, we'd have had a pretty good chance. Now? Not as much. Hey, from expecting a relegation fight to the Europa League at least? I'll take it!
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #148
Mathew81
Whatever

Scored 67 seconds in and then played like absolute crap for 70 minutes and were down 2-1. Somehow scored 2 in 10 minutes to go up 3-2 with 10 minutes left. Of course, instead of playing disciplined and staying back on defense, they leave themselves wide open and give up a 3rd.

Winless in the last 4. Still have yet to win a Premier League game without Arteta. Now Spurs have 3rd in their hands and if Newcastle somehow beat Man City tomorrow Arsenal could very well finish 5th.
Old May 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #149
Stout

Quote:
Scored 67 seconds in and then played like absolute crap for 70 minutes and were down 2-1. Somehow scored 2 in 10 minutes to go up 3-2 with 10 minutes left. Of course, instead of playing disciplined and staying back on defense, they leave themselves wide open and give up a 3rd.

Winless in the last 4. Still have yet to win a Premier League game without Arteta. Now Spurs have 3rd in their hands and if Newcastle somehow beat Man City tomorrow Arsenal could very well finish 5th.
Wow, an entertaining but a truly shocking match. This puts Arsenal in a very bad place. Newcastle have it all to do in a really tough match, though, so Arsenal might still finish fourth. Still and all, fourth may not be good enough. Wow, just wow.

I was royally upset for a long while at the obvious penalty not given Norwich's way, then it was evened up by the penalty not given Arsenal's way for the hand ball. The last penalty that should have been given was irrelevant, as the play should have been offsides anyway. Truly shocking refereeing on lack of penalties.
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #150
Mathew81
Whatever

Wow. I went to sleep this morning thinking I could wake up and Arsenal could be 5th. I wake up and 3rd is still in there hands.

A tie against West Brom guarantees 4th and a win guarantees 3rd. Simple enough but will the Arsenal players learn there lesson by then? They need to be focused for once. Also, will West Brom be really up for it to send Hodgson out with a win, or will they be distracted by the whole thing and wondering who their manager is going to be next season?