Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Smack Shack

Old April 28th, 2010, 02:20 AM   #31
49erTroll
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
Oh our coaches are better, the entire staff. When you compare the head coaches its not even close. Singletary is more bluster than substance.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...arch_query=nfl coach of the year

I mean I know you guys have a good coach but I think you are the first person Ive ever heard say anything even remotly negative about him. Hes only been a coach for one year and hes assembled a top 10 defense. Pivotal in forming the best TE in the league and developing the best LB in the league. His fiery speeches and personal control makes him widely loved by many niner fans. And trust me where a spoiled bunch and where not satisfied easily...
49erTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 02:59 AM   #32
Cbus cardsfan
Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

Even if all those comparisons were true, which they're not, you forgot one huge factor:

The Cardinals coaching staff is way better than SF's.
Cbus cardsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 03:26 AM   #33
RugbyMuffin
Bring on the 2014 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erTroll View Post
....everything so far has been fact now all you could argure is who has the better QB and whose cheerleaders are hotter.
LOL.

Yeah, call the Cardinals in Scottsdale, tell them to cancel the season. The facts are out, and we are screwed.

The Niners are improving, and there is no doubt they are the biggest threat to our NFC West defense in 2010.

But we will see.

BTW, You forgot to compare coaching staffs as well.

2014 Current Roster: Click Here
Cardinals Instagram: Click Here
RugbyMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 03:29 AM   #34
RugbyMuffin
Bring on the 2014 Season

Quote:
I mean I know you guys have a good coach but I think you are the first person Ive ever heard say anything even remotly negative about him. Hes only been a coach for one year and hes assembled a top 10 defense. Pivotal in forming the best TE in the league and developing the best LB in the league. His fiery speeches and personal control makes him widely loved by many niner fans. And trust me where a spoiled bunch and where not satisfied easily...
Davis is no where near the best tight end in the league. I would take Health Miller over Davis any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Patrick Willis IS the best linebacker in the league by a long shot tho. I don't have too much faith in Singletary as a head coach, but it would be crazy to not think he is turning Willis into a beast through his coaching, and knowledge of the position.

Good thread tho. Nice to stir up the board a little bit on a lazy post-draft weekday.

2014 Current Roster: Click Here
Cardinals Instagram: Click Here
RugbyMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:14 AM   #35
PACardsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbus cardsfan View Post
Even if all those comparisons were true, which they're not, you forgot one huge factor:

The Cardinals coaching staff is way better than SF's.
More important than any other factor discussed. The talent level can be debated, but the difference usually lies with the coaching staff. Whisenhunt has proven that he's special. Singletary's approach will burn the Niners out. He's the Billy Martin of the NFL. Until he gets to the playoffs & beyond, he's no better than Rich Kotite. You can say what you want, but at the end of the day, we are still the two-time defending NFC West Champions. Until that changes, STFU!!!!!!!!
PACardsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 05:16 AM   #36
Mulli

Billy Martin won. A lot. Singletary is Dave McGinnis. Or Dave Wannstedt.
Old April 28th, 2010, 05:42 AM   #37
Buckybird
The Fitz farewell tour 2014

Quote:
But ya couldnt beat us though!
And you guys still finished 2 games back in the standings & sitting at home for the playoffs
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:07 AM   #38
CaptTurbo
Registered

Send a message via AIM to CaptTurbo
only way 9ers win the division is if Leinart is a bust.
CaptTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:34 AM   #39
DemsMyBoys
Birdgang

Quote:
But im having problems sticking with waking up early everyday and staying consistent...I hope its a maturity thing and I gain it real quick.
I wouldn't worry about it. You're problem will be removing the size 12 EE jump boot that's been inserted up your butt if you don't wake up.

Seriously, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Last edited by DemsMyBoys; April 28th, 2010 at 07:21 AM.
DemsMyBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:40 AM   #40
Gee!
What The What!?!

Quote:

Coach Pants on the ground Pants on the ground Looking like a fool with his pants on the ground.. Ya, nope, Cant think of one bad thing to say about Singletary..
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:46 AM   #41
Crazy Canuck
Banned

Quote:
I appreciate the optimism but IM speaking not about whose ready or what could happen or if this guy was here. Im speaking straight up whose better now TODAY. Save your injuries and the so and so is ready to explode stuff for a pep rally.

Justin smith- Hands down widely considered the best 3-4 D lineman in the game. Go look at his pressures and his player ranking. He has a tremendous motor and great size. Plus better stats than campbell

Abroyo Franklin has one job. Eat blocks. He does it all game. Which is a big reason our MLBs are able to run free and why our team as a whole tied for 3rd in sacks.

Gore is a top 5 running back on everybodies fantasy board.....but no your right your backups better.
Our "D" line produced 17 sacks: Dockett (7) Campbell (7) Branch (1) Robinson (1)

(Campbell 7 sacks as a first year starter. Smith: 6 sacks)

Total sacks: Cards: 43 - SF: 44
Sacks given up: Card: 26 - SF: 40
Interceptions: Cards: 21 - SF: 18
Interceptions given up: Cards: 18 - SF: 14

Gore: 229/1120 - 4.9 - 10 Tds
Wells 176/793 - 4.5 - 7 Tds (as a rookie)

Last edited by Crazy Canuck; April 28th, 2010 at 06:53 AM.
Crazy Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:56 AM   #42
kerouac9
Doooonnnntttttt caaaaaarrrreee

It's amazing with your stacked roster that you lost to Seattle and got jackstomped in your own house by Atlanta.

45-10? Man, that must've been a fun game to sit through in that abomination of a stadium.

Thanks, DesertDawg
kerouac9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #43
Krangthebrain
Registered

As you can see, none of us are impressed with Singletary.

He's an OK coach, but the Niners are getting by on young talent and I don't really believe he's a great coach.

The way he ran training camp led to the team sucking in the second half, since there was a lot of hitting. Coach Whisenhunt doesn't really push the players to hit in training camp because it causes the players to wear down at the end of the year.

Think of it this way: Whisenhunt was coaching a Super Bowl team by the end of his second season! I seriously doubt the 9ers will be in a Super Bowl next year.
“Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn’t worry about what workout to do—his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn’t care ‘how hard it is’; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn’t go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the ‘Cause.’ Now, who wants to quit?”

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

On life after football: "I wouldn't mind being a sports commentator. Having my own segment, working for ESPN, my own talk show. Part time trainer. Part time car mechanic. Part time Sprint cell phone salesman. Part time car washman. Grocery store baggage man. Football coach. Model. Actress. Stripper. And I even have dreams of being the next crocodile hunter." - Darnell Dockett
Krangthebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #44
Lagerfilled
Professional Tailgater

I'm not going to come on here and talk about who's is bigger. What I do know is we are a MUCH better matchup against the Whiners now without Warner. When you're slinging it 45-50 times a game, the 9ers could rush 4 and drop 7. Tee off time. Not anymore! With our power run game and heavy play action, we will have far more success against the 9ers than last year. Mark my words. What concerns me more than anything is stopping their run game when they have two TEs on the field. That will be the key!
Lagerfilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #45
kerouac9
Doooonnnntttttt caaaaaarrrreee

Quote:

Apparently y'all were satisfied with a coach who goes 3-1 to begin the season but ends up 8-8 and only 3-7 against teams who didn't pick in the Top 10 of the NFL draft.

Lots of great coaches have four-game losing streaks in the middle of the season.

Thanks, DesertDawg
kerouac9 is offline   Reply With Quote