Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Arizona Teams > Smack Shack


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #136
49erTroll
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Not maybe but am.Watch any Cardinals game from last season and see who has his lamenated sheet in front of his face as he calls every play of the game.The fans gripe weekly on Whiz' play calling.Its just too funny.

Jimmy Raye was successfull the last time where? Whiz called the plays for the steelers in their last SB win before coming to Arizona..He let the Chiefs Head Coach call plays with suggestions during the game during the SB run.Once he left Whiz took back the personal play calling himself once more.He really enjoys it.

It took a while before he felt Coach Haley was trusted enough and after a SB run people end up stealing your coach's.I'm surprised Grimm is still with us and after this year he'll probably be plucked away.He did'nt want the buffalo job when they called last year.
Thats interesting, so would you say that Wiz is doing a good job calling the plays? Or would you like to see an O.C. hired?




49erTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #137
Doug
B a n n ed WARRIOR
 
Doug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Age: 56
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erTroll View Post
Thats interesting, so would you say that Wiz is doing a good job calling the plays? Or would you like to see an O.C. hired?
If you think I would touch the hottest topic of this board from last season you're crazy.I'm not touching THAT question.Thats about a 50 page thread in itself.I want no part of it. I still want to be able to post here.
__________________
Too Blessed To Be Depressed
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #138
cheesebeef
Registered User
 
cheesebeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Age: 38
Posts: 35,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erTroll View Post
"If that's not good enough for you than you can calmly have a coke and smile and stfu."

Im gonna copyright this and put it on a T-Shirt.
I'd be careful with that one unless you want a lawsuit from Eddie Murphy on your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erTroll View Post
And of course beneath it will be a picture of John Mcain HAHAHA Im just kidding. I know how you arizonans love this guy.
not all of us... trust me. not all of us.
__________________
Rubarb is what makes my feet look cheese!

Mulli is smarter than the Cheese!
cheesebeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #139
cheesebeef
Registered User
 
cheesebeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Age: 38
Posts: 35,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erTroll View Post
I cant defend singletary the way ya' ll can can with Wiz, so Im kind of at a loss.

But I can speak from a personal standpoint...Niner fans are like me in the fact that we are skeptical and have high expectations. We have not had a good head coach since Walsh(please dont say mooch!) We have had horrible luck with O.C. s and admittedly we are probably willing to take anything decent at this point.

But thats not the case here. I understand yall won the division but the fact remains we went 6-2 in our division and we lost two close games against the colts and the vikings. I know you guys probably had a game or two that could have went differently but we where literally, no bull just two plays away from winning the division.

Favre-40 yrd t.d. with no time on the clock(BASTARD)

Colts-trick play near the end in which they had to result in there r.b. throwing a t.d. to win.

Those two plays dont happen and we are champs not you.
dude, come on now. You keep bringing up the Colts game, which you lost 18-14 and say that one trick play is why you lost... it happened with 14 minutes and 53 second left in the game! And they were at the 22 yard line, which is well within FG range to have tied it up anyway... with 14 minutes and 53 seconds left in the game! Oh, and the Niners were only down 4 points... with 14 minutes and 53 second left in the game! You noticing a trend here? Saying you should have won a game because of a play that happened with a full quarter of football left from which you had a full quarter of football to recover from just hold no weight whatsoever. I'll give you the Favre pass... but we got our own 4th down prayer from Vince Young.

bottom line, in the NFL, you are what you're record says you are. You matched up well with us, but we matched-up better with the rest of the league and that's the point of the game.
__________________
Rubarb is what makes my feet look cheese!

Mulli is smarter than the Cheese!
cheesebeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #140
49erTroll
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebeef View Post
dude, come on now. You keep bringing up the Colts game, which you lost 18-14 and say that one trick play is why you lost... it happened with 14 minutes and 53 second left in the game! And they were at the 22 yard line, which is well within FG range to have tied it up anyway... with 14 minutes and 53 seconds left in the game! Oh, and the Niners were only down 4 points... with 14 minutes and 53 second left in the game! You noticing a trend here? Saying you should have won a game because of a play that happened with a full quarter of football left from which you had a full quarter of football to recover from just hold no weight whatsoever. I'll give you the Favre pass... but we got our own 4th down prayer from Vince Young.

bottom line, in the NFL, you are what you're record says you are. You matched up well with us, but we matched-up better with the rest of the league and that's the point of the game.
Yeah I guess your right about the time...it seems like it was closer in memory.

I dont know why I even went down this road because theres nothing I can say that beats the old "a win is win" argument. I guess all I was really trying to say that we werent as bad as 8-8.
49erTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #141
49erTroll
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
If you think I would touch the hottest topic of this board from last season you're crazy.I'm not touching THAT question.Thats about a 50 page thread in itself.I want no part of it. I still want to be able to post here.
Good to know good to know, next time I start getting my butt handed to me I ll just say "sooo uh do you think that you guys should hire an O.C.?"
49erTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #142
Tyler
Registered
 
Tyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erTroll View Post
Yeah I guess your right about the time...it seems like it was closer in memory.

I dont know why I even went down this road because theres nothing I can say that beats the old "a win is win" argument. I guess all I was really trying to say that we werent as bad as 8-8.

What was your record? 8-8? Yea, you were that bad.
__________________


Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 09:41 PM   #143
49erTroll
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
What was your record? 8-8? Yea, you were that bad.
If you say stupid things how do I respond intelligently? You leave me with no choice but to say that a "bad 8-8" team sweeped you!

You made me go there I didnt want to
49erTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:00 PM   #144
82CardsGrad
7 x 70
 
82CardsGrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scottsdale
Age: 50
Posts: 23,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erTroll View Post
If you say stupid things how do I respond intelligently? You leave me with no choice but to say that a "bad 8-8" team sweeped you!

You made me go there I didnt want to

You're one funny Troll... Hang with us dude. It'll make for a fun season as I really do believe we'll be battling you guys for the West title the entire year!

82CardsGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #145
49erTroll
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82CardsGrad View Post
You're one funny Troll... Hang with us dude. It'll make for a fun season as I really do believe we'll be battling you guys for the West title the entire year!

Oh dude I'll definitelly stick around and as far battling it out for the title I couldnt agree more. If you go right now and look at our schedules(easy) youll see that each team will at least go 8-8 and the tie breaker will more than likely come down to WEEK 17 ...I am soooo excited!!!
49erTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:11 PM   #146
82CardsGrad
7 x 70
 
82CardsGrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scottsdale
Age: 50
Posts: 23,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erTroll View Post
Oh dude I'll definitelly stick around and as far battling it out for the title I couldnt agree more. If you go right now and look at our schedules(easy) youll see that each team will at least go 8-8 and the tie breaker will more than likely come down to WEEK 17 ...I am soooo excited!!!
As it should be!! How critical will be the play of Smith and Leinart? HUGE!!!!!!
82CardsGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #147
Buckybird
The Fitz farewell tour 2014
 
Buckybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 51
Posts: 16,932
Come on guys quit feeding this idiot!!!

The guy is on a Cards board chatting with us because his parents left him on someones doorstep, rang the doorbell & ran away. The Niners are guaranteed West chumpions this season in his mind & nothing in his peanut shaped brain is changing his wishes. Between him & blowhard they are just jeoulous what that can't have & will run away once again after the season...just like last year & the year before. Later moron!!!
__________________
"Coach 'em hard...hug them later" Bruce Arians
Buckybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #148
TJ
W.W.R.G.D.
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Age: 33
Posts: 14,770
Send a message via Skype™ to TJ
Youve been pretty busy polishing a turd on this board the last couple of days. Give it a rest
Attached Images
 
__________________
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #149
Krangthebrain
Registered
 
Krangthebrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Puyallup, Washington
Age: 34
Posts: 14,388
I think the common trend we see from you guys (9ers fans) is that you expect us to just bow down and accept that you guys are the kings of the division when you haven't won anything yet.

You guys expect us to eat up the "Davis and Iupati are awesomeness and are going to be Pro Bowlers right away" schtick. Well reality is most rookie olinemen suck; whether they're drafted in the first round or undrafted free agents. They have to be developed.

Fact of the matter is:

You guys totally sucked when it counted last year. Those are the times that good teams step up and good coaches excel. The Niners did neither.

Yes we have turnover on our team, but there are replacements. Williams and Washington should provide enough in the middle to offset the loss of Dansby.

Rhodes is a much better coverage safety than Rolle, and probably the best free safety in the NFL West right now. Boldin is going to be replaced by a proven player in Steve Breaston and we also have Early Doucet who has flashed big time potential in big time games (something no Niner has done LOL).

We lost Berry and Okeafor, but DUDE they both were TERRIBLE. Porter is a HUGE upgrade IMO. Berry may have had 6 sacks, but only 10 total tackles...he offered NOTHING against the run and Okeafor and Berry were TERRIBLE in the playoffs.

We also improved offensive line depth. Rex Hadnot is currently better than any guard in the NFC West according to
http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...=25&numgames=1
I'm kinda meh on Alan Faneca, but he adds leadership and depth to the line and that can't be a bad thing.
__________________
“Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn’t worry about what workout to do—his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn’t care ‘how hard it is’; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn’t go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the ‘Cause.’ Now, who wants to quit?”

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

On life after football: "I wouldn't mind being a sports commentator. Having my own segment, working for ESPN, my own talk show. Part time trainer. Part time car mechanic. Part time Sprint cell phone salesman. Part time car washman. Grocery store baggage man. Football coach. Model. Actress. Stripper. And I even have dreams of being the next crocodile hunter." - Darnell Dockett
Krangthebrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 11:21 PM   #150
49erTroll
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckybird View Post
Come on guys quit feeding this idiot!!!

The guy is on a Cards board chatting with us because his parents left him on someones doorstep, rang the doorbell & ran away. The Niners are guaranteed West chumpions this season in his mind & nothing in his peanut shaped brain is changing his wishes. Between him & blowhard they are just jeoulous what that can't have & will run away once again after the season...just like last year & the year before. Later moron!!!
God, how insulting...

You make cardinal fans look bad.
49erTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
49ers, troll




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
 



Latest Threads
- by Zeno
 







All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2002 - 2014 ArizonaSportsFans.com
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design