Broncos26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:33 AM   #17
SECTION 11
vibraslap

Quote:
Originally posted by Broncos26
i have one thing to say.

1) Jake Plummer is the ****ing ****
Hey, that's ****ing great. No ****, that's just ****ing terrific. ****ing A I'm ****ing impressed with that ****ing offense.
Congratu **** inglations. No ****, that's ****ing awesome.
SECTION 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:41 AM   #18
Northern Card
Registered

Russ - Always enjoy your use (sometimes creative) of stats. But, like cheerleader uniforms... they show alot... but, not all.

Having watched most of the Denver games this year, one can't quantify the intangible leadership and its effect on others, when Jake is in there. His team mates evidently believe in him.
Northern Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:41 AM   #19
Redmark
Registered

Re: Re: Calling on "Jake the Fake" posters

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ Smith
He's a bargain this year, a bargain next year, and then they have to decide on his option and what to do with his contract.
A $13,000,000 bargain, right
“I appreciate this organization here because they have from day one let me know how important I was to what they are trying to do here,” Warner said. “Even without a starting role, they put a high importance on me as a person and a player." KW
Redmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:51 AM   #20
RugbyMuffin
DS Baby!

Re: Calling on "Jake the Fake" posters

Quote:
Originally posted by Northern Card
Where have all the firm believers that JAKE PLUMMER was a fake gone?

Love to hear them tell-one-and-all that his presence in Denver has made no real difference.

Explain, why (if Jake is so inconsequential) they were 1-3 when he was out.

Why they thumped Indy last night without Clinton Portis...etc. etc...

He sucks. He will always suck. And continue to suck

Plus I have been here all year long. I have not been hiding.

Jake Plummer has done multiple STUPID STUPID things in Denver. The only difference is that Portis, Sharpe, and Smith get him out of the doghouse week in and week out.

AND HIS PRESENCE IN DENVER HAS MADE NO DIFFERENCE.

Stupid. Yeah, whoop T Do. Brian Griese looked like an ALL-PRO in Denver.

Hey I know lets have ANOTHER thread about Jake Plummer on this message board

Jake Plummer was here for 6 years. All I heard for 6 years was that Arizona needs to get guys on the team to be competitive. WELL, THAT IS WHY LASSITER, BOSTON, PLUMMER, CENTERS, ANEAS WILLIAMS, SIMEON RICE, WHERE ALL HERE ...TO F'N WIN!

They didn't and got rightfully fired. Jake the Fake IS NOT a franchise QB. He is a pawn in Denvers gameplan. Jake's job is to play QB, give the ball to his stars, and not be stupid.

I STILL DON'T WANT JAKE. I DON'T THINK HE IS A BIG PART OF THE DENVER OFFENSE. AND I AM TIRED OF HAVEING TO SAY OVER AND OVER AGAIN THAT PLUMMER BLOWS!

So the next time somebody is looking for anti-plummer statements then go find this post cause I am tired of constantly saying he stinks.

2014 Current Roster: Click Here
Cardinals Instagram: Click Here
RugbyMuffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:55 AM   #21
RugbyMuffin
DS Baby!

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Broncos26
i have one thing to say.

1) Jake Plummer is the ****ing ****

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

A Donkey's fan!

Man your team is sickening. I got an idea why doesn't your whole team pronounce themselves franchise players.

You'll never sign all your Free Agents this year, your LB core is depleted, and your QB is Jake Plummer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Your screwed.

How is Denver? Nothing going on but snow and drinking? Denver is stupid, Colorado is stupid, and the Broncos are stupid.

Stupid Broncos and thier stupid players.

Old December 22nd, 2003, 08:57 AM   #22
jf-08
Admin

I see someone didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Play hard, get dirty and never make eye-contact with the man you're going to blind-side. - Hardy Brown

RIP Skkorp, KoC, Danny_L, jstadvl, and O.

jf-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:00 AM   #23
Northern Card
Registered

Re: Re: Calling on "Jake the Fake" posters

Quote:
Originally posted by RugbyMuffin

He is a pawn in Denvers gameplan. Jake's job is to play QB, give the ball to his stars, and not be stupid.

Duh! doesn't this cover the job description of every QB since the dawn of football?
Northern Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:00 AM   #24
RugbyMuffin
DS Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by jkf296
I see someone didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

AND when he has 24 INT's next year I won't start 62,000 threads
on how pitiful he is.

Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:02 AM   #25
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

Quote:
Russ - Always enjoy your use (sometimes creative) of stats. But, like cheerleader uniforms... they show alot... but, not all.

Having watched most of the Denver games this year, one can't quantify the intangible leadership and its effect on others, when Jake is in there. His team mates evidently believe in him.
What's creative about putting the stats into context? After the first weekend of the season there was a thread on the denver board about how Blake was better than jake, Jeff had 356 yards passing and 3 Td's(with a 4th dropped) against Detroit, Jake had 3 picks and a 21 rating against Cincy. Everyone was saying "yeah but Cincy has a good defense and they were playing a nickel defense to stop Jake, Detroit's pass defense was horrible". And that was true, Detroit's defense made our pass offense look a lot better than it was.

Fact is San Diego has allowed 3 td passes to just about every QB they've played against this year, they have allowed 36 td passes in 15 games, that's why they are going to get the 1st pick in the draft. We think our secondary is horrible but they've given up 8 more TD passes than us! THey have 4 new starters and it shows.
Detroit I already mentioned, and Oakland only 7 teams in the NFL allow a higher % and only 3 teams allow more yards per attempt than the raiders. Jake's 4 biggest games passing wise came against those 4 teams in terms of his TD passes.

He played VERY well last night save the pick for the TD, he played well against KC twice, he has played well in some big games, but the point is because he missed 4 games, 2 of which against the 2 best defenses by FAR on Denver's schedule, his stats are little more impressive than they might otherwise be. He also missed the Steelers a bad pass defense, and the Vikings(who led the NFL in picks this year tied with NE). I'm not saying Jake would be a lousy Qb if he'd played those 4 games I'm just saying his 15-7 TD to INT number would probably not be as good had he played those 4 games.

He's better in Denver than he was here, that's obvious, his caphit is low for 2 years so he's a bargain. Shanahan got a 99 rating 10 TD 3 INT out of Brister his 2nd year in denver, first year playing. Griese led the entire NFL 102.9 rating 19 Td 4 INT. Shanahan has a remarkable ability to sculpt an offense around a QB, the question is can he do it for several years with anybody not named Elway? So far the answer has been no, it'll be fun to watch how it works for jake.

2 weeks in a row the pivotal INT that turns the game around was dropped, he didn't get that in Arizona, as a I said Jake must be living right now.
“Your expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just can’t stop working, can’t stop getting better, because I’ll be a failure in my eyes before I’m a failure in someone else’s eyes.” -- Arron Afflalo
Russ Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:02 AM   #26
SunCardfan

Why have they lost more games than they won (1-4) when he was out. They still had their running backs right? The only constant in AZ is the management. When many of our players leave they do better some place else.

I'm kind of hoping Dever wins the super bowl so it reminds us that it might not be the player that is bad but the management of that player. Most people can't admit when they might be wrong... Even if Denver wins several Super Bowls in a row none of it will be because of Plummer. No matter what he does from now on it won't matter...
SunCardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:03 AM   #27
RugbyMuffin
DS Baby!

Re: Re: Re: Calling on "Jake the Fake" posters

Quote:
Duh! doesn't this cover the job description of every QB since the dawn of football?
Mike Vick wins games.
Brett Farve wins games.
Marino, Manning, McNair, Carr and various other great NFL QB's can at anytime put the ENTIRE TEAM on his shoulders and win the game.

Plummer doesn't. He can be a "Trent Dilfer" QB, and hand the ball off most the time, and throw a few safe passes. Anytime Jake TRIES to make a play things go wrong.

He stucks.

Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:05 AM   #28
RugbyMuffin
DS Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by SunCardfan
Why have they lost more games than they won (1-4) when he was out. They still had their running backs right? The only constant in AZ is the management. When many of our players leave they do better some place else.

I'm kind of hoping Dever wins the super bowl so it reminds us that it might not be the player that is bad but the management of that player. Most people can't admit when they might be wrong... Even if Denver wins several Super Bowls in a row none of it will be because of Plummer. No matter what he does from now on it won't matter...
That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

AND when he has 24 INT's next year I won't start 62,000 threads
on how pitiful he is.

Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:06 AM   #29
SunCardfan

I'd be willing to bet he doesn't
SunCardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:10 AM   #30
MaoTosiFanClub
What Goes Around Comes Around

Re: Calling on "Jake the Fake" posters

Quote:
Calling on "Jake the Fake" posters
Calling all ASU posters. You guys lost the Rose Bowl in Jake's senior season. Jocking him for a decade is not necessary.
MaoTosiFanClub is offline   Reply With Quote