Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Other Stuff > Politics and Religion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #1
UncleChris
Retirement Doesn't Suck
 
UncleChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Age: 63
Posts: 9,978

Unconscionable


"President Bush said that the public's decision to reelect him was a ratification of his approach to Iraq and that there was no reason to hold anyone accountable for mistakes or misjudgments in prewar planning or managing the violent aftermath." Washinton Post, 1/16/2005

To quote David Letterman....

WHAT????? WHAT???




__________________
I've not seen it all nor done it all, but it's close...

"Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat, but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires."
....

Last edited by UncleChris; January 18th, 2005 at 08:00 PM.
UncleChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #2
Dback Jon
Killer Snail
 
Dback Jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Scottsdale
Age: 51
Posts: 33,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleChris
"President Bush said that the public's decision to reelect him was a ratification of his approach to Iraq and that there was no reason to hold anyone accountable for mistakes or misjudgments in prewar planning or managing the violent aftermath." Washinton Post, 1/16/2005

To quote David Letterman....

WHAT????? WHAT???
He is frickin delushional.
__________________


R.I.P Tim Minnick
R.I.P Bill O'Neil
Dback Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 06:02 PM   #3
krepitch
Moderator
 
krepitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Phoenix
Age: 37
Posts: 13,889
Can't wait to hear the right wing spin this one.
krepitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #4
arthurracoon
The Cardinal Smiles
 
arthurracoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Nashville
Age: 27
Posts: 16,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleChris
"President Bush said that the public's decision to reelect him was a ratification of his approach to Iraq and that there was no reason to hold anyone accountable for mistakes or misjudgments in prewar planning or managing the violent aftermath." Washinton Post, 1/16/2005


__________________
Signed,

arthurpostpadder

arthurracoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:04 PM   #5
40yearfan
DEFENSE!!!!
 
40yearfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Posts: 32,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleChris
"President Bush said that the public's decision to reelect him was a ratification of his approach to Iraq and that there was no reason to hold anyone accountable for mistakes or misjudgments in prewar planning or managing the violent aftermath." Washinton Post, 1/16/2005

To quote David Letterman....

WHAT????? WHAT???
This is a problem?
__________________
Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.
40yearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #6
UncleChris
Retirement Doesn't Suck
 
UncleChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Age: 63
Posts: 9,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40yearfan
This is a problem?
Gee, 40..... I wonder if we substituted "President Clinton" for "President Bush" in that quote, if you'd have the same comment.......
UncleChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #7
AzCards21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: What?
Posts: 16,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleChris
Gee, 40..... I wonder if we substituted "President Clinton" for "President Bush" in that quote, if you'd have the same comment.......
I wonder if the same would apply in reverse?
AzCards21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #8
UncleChris
Retirement Doesn't Suck
 
UncleChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Age: 63
Posts: 9,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCards21
I wonder if the same would apply in reverse?
Yes it would.... A dumb-ass statement is a dumb-ass statement, regardless of who says it...... God knows Kerry had his share....
UncleChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #9
O
LD @ F.O.H.
 
O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The Vortex!
Posts: 13,905
Who should we hold accountable?

Hmmmmm?
O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:22 PM   #10
AzCards21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: What?
Posts: 16,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleChris
Yes it would.... A dumb-ass statement is a dumb-ass statement, regardless of who says it...... God knows Kerry had his share....
So, no matter who is president our situation doesn't change? Now that I can agree with.
AzCards21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:33 PM   #11
UncleChris
Retirement Doesn't Suck
 
UncleChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Age: 63
Posts: 9,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCards21
So, no matter who is president our situation doesn't change? Now that I can agree with.
That's not what I said or meant. I believe everyone should be accountable for their actions, good and bad. Bush made a really stupid statement. Clinton made a stupid statement when he said "I never had sex with that girl." And we can find really dumb stuff from anyone we want, including us.

But you'll have to excuse me if I take particular umbrage at a president that makes such a colossal mistake like Iraq (and the 1000+ deaths and 6000+ injured) and then says we shouldn't hold anyone accountable. To quote Dr. Phil, "what was he thinking???....."
UncleChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:40 PM   #12
UncleChris
Retirement Doesn't Suck
 
UncleChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Age: 63
Posts: 9,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by O
Who should we hold accountable?

Hmmmmm?
My belief is we start with Bush himself. Rumsfeld and Cheney must bear some responsibility, as must Connie.

Look, as I said before, I spent a number of years in the intelligence community and I flat out guarantee that the CIA, DIA, NSA, AEC, ASA, USG, USAFSS, and State Department could not possibly have gotten Iraq THAT wrong..... So someone, somewhere lied and is lying. Many soldiers died because of it and many more were injured. So we should be finding answers to who and why.

If the right can justify spending 7 years digging up dirt on Bill Clinton (that basically found fellatio that he lied about), don't you think we ought to be investigating this??
UncleChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:46 PM   #13
arthurracoon
The Cardinal Smiles
 
arthurracoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Nashville
Age: 27
Posts: 16,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40yearfan
This is a problem?
Ummm...I think people should be held accountable for their actions.

I think we can both agree that Denny Green holding AZ Card players accountable for their play is a good thing.

In the same light, Bush needs to hold some people accountable for the situation in Iraq.

I think we can agree that Iraq operation is not going perfectly.

While almost nothing ever goes 'perfectly' some of it is controlable, and people need to be held accountable if they made a mistake.


In the quote, Bush admits to "mistakes or misjudgments in prewar planning or managing the violent aftermath", yet basicly states that no one made any mistakes, because he is holding no one responsible or accountable.



Despite saying all this, I would tend/hope to believe that this is just another one of GWB's mis-speaks.
__________________
Signed,

arthurpostpadder

arthurracoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #14
O
LD @ F.O.H.
 
O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The Vortex!
Posts: 13,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleChris
My belief is we start with Bush himself. Rumsfeld and Cheney must bear some responsibility, as must Connie.

Look, as I said before, I spent a number of years in the intelligence community and I flat out guarantee that the CIA, DIA, NSA, AEC, ASA, USG, USAFSS, and State Department could not possibly have gotten Iraq THAT wrong..... So someone, somewhere lied and is lying. Many soldiers died because of it and many more were injured. So we should be finding answers to who and why.

If the right can justify spending 7 years digging up dirt on Bill Clinton (that basically found fellatio that he lied about), don't you think we ought to be investigating this??
I guess my sarcasm didn't translate as planned.
I agree with everything you've said UncleChris.

Personally, I think the Bush administration is the most morally corrupt administration I have ever witnessed in my fifty plus years.
O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2005, 07:56 PM   #15
ajcardfan
I see you.
 
ajcardfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 20,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by O
I guess my sarcasm didn't translate as planned.
I agree with everything you've said UncleChris.

Personally, I think the Bush administration is the most morally corrupt administration I have ever witnessed in my fifty plus years.
That really is some stiff competition for "most morally corrupt" of the last fifty years. I can't declare the Bush administration victor in that area. "Most arrogant", that's what I'd say. I think Johnson and Nixon have to battle it out for most corrupt. Give the edge to Nixon for pure SOB meanness along with deception and coverup.
__________________
We live in a world which is full of misery and ignorance, and the plain duty of each and all of us is to try to make the little corner he can influence somewhat less miserable and somewhat less ignorant than it was before he entered it.

T.H. Huxley
ajcardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
 



Latest Threads
- by Griffin
 




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002 - 2014 ArizonaSportsFans.com
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design