Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Other Stuff > Politics and Religion

Old November 7th, 2004, 06:11 PM   #16
arthurracoon
The Cardinal Smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assface
Good luck getting any voter turnout in the southeast with that kind of election.
Which means Hilary would win.

arthurpostpadder

arthurracoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2004, 08:16 PM   #17
Shane
I'm Coming for YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebeef
are you saying that because he's black? If so - I agree with you. This country's not evolved enough for a black or female President yet - although an Austrian one might be up their alley!
Black is one reason. But far from the only. I do think that a Black President could be elected if it were the right person(Powell). Certianly not Obama!

One decent speech and one landslide election against a token candidate does not a superstar make.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2004, 08:54 PM   #18
krepitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane H
One decent speech and one landslide election against a token candidate does not a superstar make.
Are these the only two things you know about him?

I think if you knew more, you'd understand why people are talking about him being President eventually.
krepitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2004, 08:58 PM   #19
AzCards21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcardfan
And that is really how Clinton defeated Bush Sr. Everyone remembers "It's the economy stupid!" from that election. But, more people just liked Clinton better.

The economy was in even worse shape this time, and I thought that would be just enough to sink Bush in a state like Ohio and Kerry would squeak out a win. I mean, we've been paying more for health care, and filling up our cars for over 2$ a gallon. And, in the end, it didn't really matter.
This is where your message gets lost in the brevado. At the time of the election 95% of all Americans were employed. They may not have had the dream job we all want but employment was retained.

The unbelievable amount of screaming over job losses and and how bad the economy is just didn't ring true.

Advice to Dems? Stop being so melodramatic, this crap about conspiracies and the sky is falling makes for good Hollywood but it just doesn't fit in the majority of our lives.

Screaming bloody murder about not having jobs when 95% of us have to get up for work in the morning is just stupid.

Sometimes things just aren't that bad. 100% of us can be convinced it could be better though. Maybe that tactic would work. Chicken Little would have been proud of the Dem campaign this go around. The results were the same.
AzCards21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2004, 09:07 PM   #20
krepitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCards21
Chicken Little would have been proud of the Dem campaign this go around.
He would have been just as proud of the Republican campaign.
krepitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2004, 09:32 PM   #21
Shane
I'm Coming for YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch
Are these the only two things you know about him?

I think if you knew more, you'd understand why people are talking about him being President eventually.
I know more. Just the only things that are remotely impressive or worthy of merit.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2004, 09:53 PM   #22
mattyboy
Registered

tell us more about obama because i dont really know anything about him
mattyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2004, 04:03 AM   #23
ajcardfan
I see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCards21
This is where your message gets lost in the brevado. At the time of the election 95% of all Americans were employed. They may not have had the dream job we all want but employment was retained.

The unbelievable amount of screaming over job losses and and how bad the economy is just didn't ring true.
I didn't think the economy was all that bad in 1992. It's all about perception among the voters. Back then, they bought it. This time, with more ammo at the Dems disposal, they didn't.
We live in a world which is full of misery and ignorance, and the plain duty of each and all of us is to try to make the little corner he can influence somewhat less miserable and somewhat less ignorant than it was before he entered it.

T.H. Huxley
ajcardfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2004, 05:05 AM   #24
Gee!
What The What!?!

One of the problems with democratics, especially in the southwest states is this. As the hispanic population increases they believed they would vote D. But the statistics showed that they voted for Bush. Why? In the hispanic culture family values is a big deal. Parading around with celebrities on the campaign trail is not what a common man does. Once the D's either change this, or the perceived perception of this, it will get no better.
Old November 8th, 2004, 06:02 AM   #25
Dback Jon
Killer Snail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanwb

Obama was elected becuase the people of Illinois are not stupid, they realized the bait and switch that was occuring by the Republicans.
Barack had a big lead in the polls over Jack Ryan, before he dropped out of the race. Barack was going to beat anyone the Republicans put out there. He wouldn't have gotten the margin he did, but he would have won by 20 points, minimum.

R.I.P Tim Minnick
R.I.P Bill O'Neil
Dback Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2004, 06:10 AM   #26
DjaugheOld
Ads by Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dback Jon
Barack had a big lead in the polls over Jack Ryan, before he dropped out of the race. Barack was going to beat anyone the Republicans put out there. He wouldn't have gotten the margin he did, but he would have won by 20 points, minimum.
That can be debated...would he have won? The odds were in his favor. However - it should be noted that both of his opponents (demo and repub.) both had scandals that surfaced (restraining order from wife & the other one had an extramarital affair). So he practically ran unopposed.

Throwing in Keyes was definately a waste of time because everyone got to see how extreme his views were.

During the race Barack actually helped out alot of other democrats in their respected races all over the country by raising money. He will definately not be your avarage rookie going to congress.
DjaugheOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2004, 06:56 AM   #27
RedStorm
Next NY Gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40yearfan
I am a lifelong Republican, but I know that this country cannot stand to have only the conservative point of view. We need free thinkers, people who worry about the poor, women's rights advocates, environmental worrywarts, etc. and these people all come from the liberal side of the equation. It's what gives us balance and makes this country the greatest this world has ever known.

I disagree with your representation that only liberals are concerned about the poor, women's rights, the environment, etc. If that is what you meant then I have to disagree. Both sides care about these issues but it is policies that each side disagees on.

Sense MAKER!!!
Blasphemer!!!
Burn him!!!!

He speaks in tongues of logic and common sense, this troubles us and must be dealt with swiftly. - conraddobler
RedStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2004, 07:08 AM   #28
nidan
RIP George

Tray talking to Shane, he seems to think that it is their own fault an we should do nothing to help.

DogTv
nidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2004, 07:08 AM   #29
DjaugheOld
Ads by Google

Democrats shouldn't panic over the election. They ran a tough campaign against a president during war time and came close to winning. One freakin state and everyone would be talking about the demise of the republican party.

The only thing I would give advice is not to be so polarizing on religious groups.
DjaugheOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2004, 07:12 AM   #30
AzCards21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcardfan
I didn't think the economy was all that bad in 1992. It's all about perception among the voters. Back then, they bought it. This time, with more ammo at the Dems disposal, they didn't.
We're saying pretty much the same thing I think. With all of the doom and gloom about lost jobs most people look around and see everyone working that wants to. They had ammo, it was just blanks.
AzCards21 is offline   Reply With Quote