Idea if anyone is interested. I thought it would be informative to boil issues down, and discuss them topic by topic - sort of a "Topic of the Day" thread, but hopefully have two or three threads going at once.
1) Thread starter throws out the topic, say "Gun sales at gun shows", "Stem-cell research" or "Drilling at the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge"
2) Thread starter gives his/her opinion on the issue - where they stand, how important the topic is to them, etc.
3) Replies and opinions should avoid Bush/Kerry links for now - I want to see how each of US feels, not the candidate stands.
4) The next day (or longer, if the thread is an active one), the thread-starter will post the candidates OFFICIAL position on the issue, preferably from www.georgewbush.com
5) After posting the official positions, the thread is then open to debate regarding the candidates stands, past actions on the topic (i.e. votes, executive orders, etc).
6) Since Iraq and the War on Terror tend to dominate the news, and the threads here, lets try to steer clear of that topic, and focus on issues that may be important to the U.S., but are not getting much attention.
7) Be civil on the threads, and respect each others opinions.
A good source for topics could be the Presidental Match website I posted earlier (will get the link in another post).