Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Other Stuff > Politics and Religion

Old June 14th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #1
Ryanwb
Banned

California = GM West

Sounds like it's rough days at the office for the likes of June Shen, Chui Lee and Tanya Brown. I hope they at least have a few ShamWows to make life easier
Attached Images

Ryanwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #2
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

I never cease to be surprised by this stuff but it happens over and over.

A few years ago there was a big stink about TSA security employees at San Francisco Airport because with new regulations many of them risked losing their jobs because they weren't US citizens. There was a big stink raised and the union involved claimed it was racism. Said the jobs didn't pay that well but the real plan was to force out the current people so they could hire people that looked more American(translation white people).

The SJ Mercury News did a great study where they revealed that the TSA people made a lot more money than was being stated(because overtime and holiday pay was so prevalent). But it also showed something that anybody who flies out of SFO could have told you, for people claiming racism it was remarkable how many TSA employees were from one ethnic group, in this case Filipino. The paper did a nice little expose revealing the people involved in hiring for TSA were all Filipino and were essentially rigging the system so that to get hired you either had to be related or know someone in management. So here they were claiming racism was involved in the new requirements for the position when the reality was the reason a high number of Filipinos were at risk of losing their job was that they were virtually all Filipino in the first place.

City and county jobs are always similar, tough to get in without a connection and then massively overpaying as appears to be the case in the numbers you cite.
ďYour expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just canít stop working, canít stop getting better, because Iíll be a failure in my eyes before Iím a failure in someone elseís eyes.Ē -- Arron Afflalo
Russ Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 04:21 PM   #3
RedStorm
Next NY Gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanwb View Post
Sounds like it's rough days at the office for the likes of June Shen, Chui Lee and Tanya Brown. I hope they at least have a few ShamWows to make life easier
Am I reading that right... 100k to clean cars??

Sense MAKER!!!
Blasphemer!!!
Burn him!!!!

He speaks in tongues of logic and common sense, this troubles us and must be dealt with swiftly. - conraddobler
RedStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #4
Russ Smith
The Original Whizzinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStorm View Post
Am I reading that right... 100k to clean cars??
It says transit cars which I'm assuming is light rail but not sure.

Just nuts though.
ďYour expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just canít stop working, canít stop getting better, because Iíll be a failure in my eyes before Iím a failure in someone elseís eyes.Ē -- Arron Afflalo
Russ Smith is offline   Reply With Quote