Arizona Sports Fans Network  

Go Back   Arizona Sports Fans Network > Other Stuff > Everything Else

Old March 25th, 2003, 03:56 AM   #1
Yuma
Out of posting retirement!

My Old Lady story, True, all True!

I have a friend who is always making friends with people no matter where he is at. He strikes up conversations with anyone. Me, I generally keep to myself. I happen to be grocery shopping on a Friday, and I was thinking about how my friend could probably make friends with a stranger in the grocery store. I got in the check out line and a very attractive lady in her late 60's is in line ahead of me. She is next to be checked out. I look at the items she has set out to be checked and they are, a big bottle of Gin, a box of Depends, and a carton of cigarretes. At that moment she turns to me and gives me a big friendly smile. Wanting to say something friendly to this woman, I blurt out, "Looks like you are planning a big weekend!" She immeadiatly shoots me the dirtiest look on earth, ever and turns to the checker, who barely is holding back laughter. Everyone behind me is snickering to themselves, trying to hold back uproarious laughter. The bag guy is starting to cry trying to hold back his laughter. The lady grabs her change and her items and haughtily stalks off. As soon as she gets outside, everyone just busts a gut laughing. The checker turns to me and says, "Man, that was the funniest thing I have ever heard!" The funny part is, I wasn't trying to be funny or a smartass, I was just trying to be friendly.

Who makes the playoffs first? Suns or Cards?
Yuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 03:58 AM   #2
Yuma
Out of posting retirement!

This was posted wrong.

It was supposed to be under Ryanwb's post regarding true stories. Oh well, just like at the checkout line, I can't get anything right.

Who makes the playoffs first? Suns or Cards?
Yuma is offline   Reply With Quote