Yeti

Discussion in 'Great Outdoors' started by Hollywood, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

I haven't used it yet, but after you first recommended this, I started saving Fiji water bottles because they have square edges, not round. Figured they'd line up better.

Mainstreet and cardncubfan like this.
  2. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I haven't been doing anything complex like the rest, but I do freeze milk jugs and other plastic juice jugs in my freezer for food shopping. I then put them in an ice chest. It's really handy in the heat when one has to do multiple errands.

When I used to go fishing for multiple days I used to buy the large, clear blocks of ice from a vendor. That was great but I doubt if they are available any more.

3. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

I bought a yeti tumbler...32 ounce I think..its pretty big.

made myself a mug of tea because it was hot out and I had chores. about 3/4 of the way through my drink I sat it on the hood of my truck...and forgot about it.... that was about 1pm,...105 outside, right in the sun.
    the next day at around 2pm I came outside and saw it on my hood...was surprised to see that the ice had barely melted, took a sip...and it still tasted like tea.
    yeti rocks... just not sure it rocks enough to justify the price...unless maybe you are a professional outfitter or guide...

as some noted, rtic is very comparable at less than half the price.

in the case of the big tumblers,...actually bought one at walmart a while back that is nearly as good as the yeti...10 bucks Vs the 42 bucks I paid for the yeti cup