Yasmany Tomas arrested for reckless driving and criminal speeding

Discussion in 'Arizona Diamondbacks' started by Azlen, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

Okay....this thread has been incredibly highjacked into "Lets judge how Chris drives on the internet" but sure I will try to explain again. Last time though. I won't be responding to any more points beyond this.

In my stretch of the road you have the the left 2 lanes which go very fast. Much faster than 80. The right 2 lanes are where everyone clusters to get onto the 202.

My typical exit is after the 202 so I will stay in the right most left lane and go with the flow of traffic. I am rarely looking at my speedometer while doing so. When I do glance down I am frequently surprised by how fast the flow of traffic is but I have become accustomed to it. To me, it isn't a big deal.

If traffic speeds up I go with it, if it slows down, I slow down. The farthest left lane is routinely exceeding even my lanes speed.

While my lane is actually the moderate speed lane, it is also the lane that people dart in and out of to either jump to the fastest lane or to get into the 202 smash zone.

So this is how 82 decribes the 101 and I agree with him to an extent. My typical lane requires a high amount of focus and yes a certain amount of risk. The one thing that can really be dangerous is someone not cooperating with the group. Someone say doing 65 in the far left lane causes multiple people to change lanes.

This is where you cannot be distracted and have to constantly be watching all the drivers around you and give ample space between the car in front of you.

Now if I have the child with me, I will naturally be splitting my attention. I am not comfortable being in the lane where a high amount of switches happen with her. So I stay in the far right lane.

Plus my wife has asked me to stay in the right lane with the baby so ultimately I am going to do what she says.

2. Ronin

Ronin Mad scientist behind the keyboard Contributor

The one time I log off this site.....:mad:

ColdPickleNachos likes this.
  3. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

:grabs:

4. JS22

JS22 Say Vandelay!

I've hit 80-85 a few times only because apparently going even 10 MPH above the speed limit is too slow for everyone else.

So instead of getting ran into as people try to pass me going 85+, I just try to stick with the flow of traffic when necessary. This is part of the reason why I hate driving on the freeway.

5. unseenaz

unseenaz Registered

yup, any traffic class or LE traffic class will open anyone's eyes to this. never think it'll happen to you until it does. my biggest fear is driving like that and permanently effecting someone else's life. i preach that to my younger siblings all the time, that's not a guilt i want over my head. 90 is not the flow of traffic anywhere on the 101, it's a few cars.

that being said, for me 75 is comfortable.

6. MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey Thank You Paul!

Chris - you have a family right? Get home safely to them and help others do the same.

We get a solid 1,000 vehicle accident deaths a year in this state and many more serious injuries.

As someone who reads about a ton of auto wrecks as part of my job, going 90+ is very dangerous to you and those around you

I used to do the same, but now rarely break 75. Just not worth it.

Even if got think you are fine, realize toy have to account for those around you who aren't..... Not being at fault in an accident matters little when you are dead

7. TJ

TJ Swaggy Head Coach

Yawn. When I lived in PHX, I routinely drove 110-120 on the 101. When I drive to PHX from LA, I hit 130 when I get to Indio. Topped out at 165.

8. Brian

Brian PANEM ET CIRCENSES

Wow. You are so cool.

MigratingOsprey and Kel Varnsen like this.
  9. BC867

BC867 Long time Phoenician! Contributor

MigratingOsprey likes this.
  10. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

Never knew you were so cool TJ! Damn I want to be like you more than ever!

Kel Varnsen likes this.
  11. MigratingOsprey

It is pretty impressive guys. I don't think I can live up to such strong displays of coolness or manliness

Kel Varnsen likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Swaggy Head Coach

Geez. Rough crowd. Chill out.

13. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

I hit 120 in my Camry between Blythe and Palm Springs but anything above that and the car shakes. What car were you driving?

14. MigratingOsprey

Obviously the hottest car you can snag bro!

Only TJs ice & coolness keeps the it from bursting into flames

15. TJ

TJ Swaggy Head Coach

Drive a Camaro 2SS w/ modifications. I’m much more tame than I was 8 years when i lived in AZ. L.A. traffic will do that to you.