Xbox One X announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BigRedRage, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Ronin

Ronin Mad scientist behind the keyboard Contributor

2. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

3. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

I'm torn on if I should. I dont think itll make a difference right out of the gate and I already have a XBONE and an XBONE S. If there isnt a bonafied reason to pick it up right away, I could wait and buy it later I guess. Maybe if RDR2 is built for the one x.....

4. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

There will be launch titles. The DEV kits are in the hands of developers now I am sure. This will be less like the PS Pro IMO if they have launch titles. If not, it might end up being exactly like the PS Pro where people question...should I?

Waiting to see some announcements on games.

BigRedRage likes this.
  5. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

Their E3 performance and launch titles seemed blah. It will be just like the PS4 Pro IMO.

I did get to play the One X Dev Kit with Forza and it looked great, but racing sims are a small breed.

6. BigRedRage

preorder rumored to go live Sunday.

I still am grappling with it. If they say I can have two home consoles so my games would share to all 3, I would buy it immediately.

Otherwise one becomes a brick and i might as well sell it and at that point, why even get the new one right away? I could just wait a year and do it then.

7. dreamcastrocks

I'm going to buy it regardless. My Day 1 console is getting long in the tooth. I didn't buy the Slim knowing that I was going to get the One X.

I will be absolutely thrilled if they allow more than 2 consoles to share, but I don't see it happening.

8. BigRedRage

Just because the infrastructure is there, I would think it is in the plans but we will see. Both my xbox's work great so this would only be a minor upgrade that isnt truly necessary but if it means I can set up a game room with two consoles but then still have a living room console, I will buy it without hesitating.

9. BigRedRage

My sons friends is over

They are using both my Xboxes

My wife and toddler are asleep, good time to play

Allowing sharing to all consoles on a private network would solve this!!!!! (That and buying a xbonex) Come on Microsoft you know it's possible

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

10. dreamcastrocks

Or they could bring back their Xbox Live Family plan. $99 a year for up to 5 devices/sign ins or something like that. They could even lock it down to the private network if they wanted to.

11. BigRedRage

I believe that was only to have live on 5 gamertags which was solved on Xbox one by making the live spread across all accounts on the xbox. I do not believe that plan allowed me to share my games to 5 consoles.

Update: yeah, it only allowed 4 gamertags to play online games. That isnt a problem anymore as one account gives that access to everyone. Still wouldnt allow me to have my digital games on more than two xbox consoles:

https://www.polygon.com/2013/3/8/4080592/microsoft-discontinues-xbox-live-gold-family-pack