Who do you want to be ASU's next football coach?

Discussion in 'Arizona State' started by sundevil04, Sep 16, 2017.

1. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

Excited? Not quite... But I am more than interested and cautiously optimistic!

Absolute Zero likes this.
  2. Willie D

Willie D Free Agent

The millenials won't listen to Hermy. A neighbor of mine has a child working in the AD's office. I had to email YouTube links of Herm's famous rants, because half the office had never heard of the guy.

3. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

These recruits are younger than Millennials, so even worse...lol

4. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

5. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

6. Willie D

Willie D Free Agent

Some people would say most of Herm's NFL teams were merely practicing on Sundays. :D These kind of shenanigans might work at Abalama, because Nick is busy winning that ugly-ass trophy every year. But it ain't gonna work at a mid-level Pac-12 school.

I don't see this working out. Reference my earlier post about millenials. I can see this scenario play out more than once:

HS phenom: "Hey 4-star, how it been so far as ASU? Once of their assistants called me last week."

4-star: "Well, they told me I was gonna start at WR since their other guys left. Now this new coach tells me I might not have a starting job."

HS Phenom: "Wow, that sucks. They told me the same thing."

4-star: "Yeah. Now I gotta schlep it out there on Sunday, when I should be in the library, and compete against some dude who's been through more jucos than I can count."

HS phenom: "And this guy named 'Ray A' called me and said that me coming to ASU would really help fill up the athletic department's bank account."

4-star: "Sounds like him. Go to UCLA instead. They offer courses in surfing."

gimpy likes this.
  7. gimpy

gimpy Registered

I don't know anything about it, and the team may like it, but to me, it just sounds like another day of practice (on an off day?). I don't know. We will see.