Vikings (History)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Shane, Feb 21, 2014.

1. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Jarl Borg went out like a champ.

2. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

That was one of the better episodes of the series. Marvelously crafted.

3. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

I enjoyed it.... kinda thought I was the only one on here still watching, lol.

4. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

That was great stuff.

And, Rollo is back!

5. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

That was a "cameo".

6. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

It seems we are moving towards a consolidation of storylines into the boneless. And I’m not sure that’s a good thing. I know I complained about too many storylines, but the boneless seems too one dimensional as an individual (ruthless, sadistic, hatred) to keep the even tone of the show. Floki’s story could have been a good one, but it just seems to be meh.

Southpaw likes this.
  7. ajcardfan

Well, ivar the boneless is the most famous of all the Viking kings. He ruled when they were at the height of their power, occupying a large chunk of England. And we will see Alfred the Great hold his own against him.

As far as the character on the show, i actually do agree with you. They have had a couple of scenes where they soften his edges, but he just seems like a psycho. He is no Ragnar that is for sure. No Rollo either. The return of Rollo to the story the second half of the season i look forward too. None of the sons, other than Bjorn, have the depth of their dad or uncle.

8. Ouchie-Z-Clown

I suppose it makes a little sense, Bjorne was a child when Ragnar was just becoming RAGNAR whilst the rest of the boys grew up as spoiled children of the king. They likely SHOULD be a little more shallow (which they are) but it makes them less intriguing characters.

9. Stout

He's over the top, but I'm with Bjorn. The bitch killed my mother, literally murdered her in broad daylight in front of the whole town? The bitch must die! I actually look down on Ubba for not sticking with his brother there. Then again, he does have reason to hate Ivar.

I do rather loathe what they've done with Ubba. He was one of the more ferocious, hotheaded, and violent of the viking leaders, and in the show he's a wishy-washy wuss.

10. Ouchie-Z-Clown

You’re with bjorn or ivar? I don’t disagree with ivar’s mission or anger at lagetha but he’s sadistic with everyone. There’s no nuance to him. Unlike ragnars interest in broadening himself ivar is nothing more than unadulterated aggression and rage. I suppose that could be entirely accurate portrayal, but it certainly makes him less interesting and a less compelling character to follow.

11. Stout

Ah, yeah, my mistake. I'm with Ivar over the killing of his mother; Lagertha has to die for it. Otherwise, while I do find Ivar fun (and the actor does a great job with him), I'd be with Bjorn. Not Ubba, though. He's a wuss.

12. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ubba is the worst. He’s kinda just a big meh. Even the flip floppy brother is more interesting due to the fact he’s so under ivars thumb. He’s a wuss too though...

Stout likes this.
  13. Stout

True. At least they give Hvitserk a bit of more interesting dialogue. I'm okay with him being a wuss, because you don't really read much about him. Ubba was supposedly a terror, as was Ivar--and King Harald was quite prominent too.

I just can't get over how frickin' cool last week's episode was, though. Man, one of the best of the series.

14. ajcardfan

Yes, I agree. Maybe my favorite along with the season finale of Season Two. When Ragnar and his people take care of King Horik.

15. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

So can anybody explain to me how I watch Season 5 episodes 1-7 for free? I have Direct and History channel but so far the guide is only showing 8-10, I swear it had 1-10 a few days ago but even the online Directv app only has 8-10. Amazon Prime has them but they want 2.99 per episode, thats 21 bucks for 7 episodes before i can watch 8-10 for free on Directv.

We had thought our Directv on Demand was screwed up because it wasn't connected to the internet. When it reconnected they told me 24 hours to load and then everything should appear, but so far it looks like 8-10 is all we're going to get.

Is there any other way to watch those episodes we just caught up all the way through end of Season 4 on Amazon Prime for free.