US moving embassy to Jerusalem

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by ajcardfan, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero Registered User

3. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

The story about Netanyahu declaring a national day of mourning for a damaged section of fence is also good.

4. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Tweet doesn't show. Do you remember what it said?

5. UncleChris

6. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse Chad's got nothing on me!

The exact opposite of an ambassador.

7. Kel Varnsen

Nikki Haley saying the American embassy has nothing to do with the violence is like her claiming she didn’t change her name from Nimrata Randhawa to please a white voting base.

Lies.

8. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse Chad's got nothing on me!

She only changed it because her real first name, "didn't fit on a yard sign..." ;)

9. Kel Varnsen

10. UncleChris

Are you sure that's not "Nimrod-a?" :D

11. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Interesting. I didn't know this.

thirty-two and Linderbee like this.
  12. TJ

TJ The Chosen One

When Israel was given land, Jordan was supposed to take on Palestinians and it balked.

Israel's land expansion is largely due to negotiated cease-fires after Middle Eastern initiated attacks were unsuccessful. The Six-Day War is an example of this.

Look, I'm obviously not going to change your mind, but I do want you to see the situation through the eyes of Israelis. i can tell you with 100% confidence that Israel is not this iron-fisted oppressor you portray it to be. The IDF is well-stocked with weapons to protect itself from Syria, Iran, Egypt, Palestinians, and other neighboring countries. Literally, these countries don't want Israel or Israelis to survive. In other words, genocide.

The blockade that is restrictive was a result of a fury of suicide bombers and other attacks from the Palestinians, most of which claimed by Hamas:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_suicide_attacks

Also, consider that one of Hamas' biggest strength is getting national support by way of propaganda. Of the many killed at the border, a very large portion are Hamas members. This group is literally leading its people to their slaughter. While it sucks that these people are dying, what do you want Israel to do? Bend over? If the Palestinians dropped their weapons and other neighboring countries promised to do so, there would be peace. If Israel drops its weapons, there would be no Israel.

As I said earlier, I'm torn on the whole situation. I know the US Embassy move was done with ulterior motives in play and no true interest in creating peace between Israelis and the Palestinians. This is the wrong administration to initiate this move. All moves Trump and co make are for the interest of himself and those close to him. This doesnt make America great again, this throws gas on the fire in Israel.

13. Absolute Zero

Wow.

14. Redneck Voodoo

Redneck Voodoo Registered

Ezekiel 38-39. This is what many APOCALYPTIC, Christians have been waiting for.

My wife's best friend of 40 years is one of these people that believe that Trump was sent by God to bring about the end times and usher in the 2nd coming of Christ. The move of the embassy is just the first step in rebuilding the third temple on the Temple Mount.

Prophecy may be self-fulfilling, though most scholars today believe that Magog and Rosh, the Chief Prince of Meshech and Tubal are modern-day Turkey and not Russia.

Eye-rolls aside (including mine), these are fascinating times... sad and infuriating as they are.

ajcardfan likes this.
  15. Absolute Zero

I am posting the above maps solely to demonstrate the territorial expansion, not for their commentary.

Your "Largely due to Negotiated Cease Fires" comment is incredibly misleading. If you send your army in and acquire miles and miles of territory, you acquired the land by "negotiated cease fire"? Come on man.

Hamas isn't even in control of the West Bank, but the Palestinians are being systematically displaced. As for the blockade of Gaza, it goes way beyond the issues you raised and is creating serious health and famine like conditions.

What do I want from Israel? I want them to remember their heritage and how they suffered in Germany and not deploy hypocritical excessive and disproportionate force and economic coercion against the Palestinians. I want them to release the Palestinians from the genocidal land prison they have created in Gaza. I want them to stop forcing their settlements into the West Bank, forcing the Palestinians out of their homes, so they can move in, which also has shades of WWII era Germany. I want them to seek meaningful peace through negotiations and not seek to accomplish their expansionistic objectives through military force.

ozzfloyd likes this.