Trump's Election and the Markets

Discussion in 'Finance, Investments, and Careers' started by crisper57, Nov 9, 2016.

1. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC 2016 Cardinals season in a nutshell

Co-worker just took $5K of his emergency fund money and bought into a mutual fund that tracks the broad market. I told him this was super risky to do but he did it any way. I still think the market will continue to drop. There are plenty of companies that are on sale right now. I just initiated a small position in Pepsi and I'm slowly building my position in 3M.

2. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

So far I've been wrong the markets went UP after that. Today was more up although I had several stocks drop today so I'm probably down overall today.

Friday was pretty good for me, flat market day but TTD went up 45% on Friday.

I actually bought 2 biotech stocks today, the overall market is getting tougher right now so I took a bit of a risk.

3. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

CNBC calling it like I see it. Yesterday the markets tanked and many were reporting it was due to unrest politically in Italy. CNBC was reporting it was almost entirely because Trump contradicted weekend reports that US and China were close to a trade accord by saying he wsa going forward with tariffs against China. Today the markets are way up and CNBC just essentially doubled down and said as we said yesterday the primary reason for the drop yesterday was Trump again causing fear of a trade war, as soon as that was downplayed, the markets levelled off(yesterday) and rose substantially today. the Italy situation was not good, but it was not the cause of the US markets dropping,Donald Trump was.