Trump and his stock market claims?

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Russ Smith, Oct 16, 2017.

1. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

The drastic swings today have been crazy...market is extremely volatile, but showing some decent support. Still expecting red by eod, but only very slightly. Getting closer to government shutdown will most likely trigger more volatility moving forward.

2. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

I went over to this Facebook page for a laugh. I ended up reading some of the comments from his supporters and I stopped laughing.

3. DWKB

DWKB Registered

I don't think I'll ever really grasp the crack in reality electing the black man with the funny sounding name had on so many Americans.

4. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

I think most of us (by a sadly slight margin however...), feel the same. Or simply find it disgusting that this is the case. Obama's time in the White House truly unearthed what many of us hoped (or chose to look away from?) had been squelched over the years... Bigotry, Racism, Prejudice and vile Hatred toward others that don't look like "you," combined with the fact that he didn't represent "your" positions, was a toxic, nuclear formula that combusted in the most ugly ways...
    I don't believe that Obama was infallible... he made his mistakes and said a few things that fed into the ugly reactions we saw and still see today. And I still believe that the Democratic party has not made good on its' "promise" to "be there" for minorities in ways that actually improve their lot in life. Of course, nor have the Repubs!
    Trump was the absolute perfect response to Obama for all of these haters... He is everything and more as he represents their most vile positions.
    A sad, sad time in American history for sure...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  5. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

A third of this country is deranged.

6. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I was watching CNBC and they were discussing ETF's that cover the volatility index, the VIX I guess. One of them was up 100% yesterday and the inverse index was of course DOWN 100%. People were screaming bloody murder and claiming the company that runs that ETF should be drawn and quartered by the SEC. And they had a market maker who said look, it worked exactly as it's supposed to. There's a 200 page document that backs that fund that very clearly spells out what it is supposed to do. If the volatility goes UP 100%, the inverse is SUPPOSED to go down 100%. It's supposed to do what it did. None of those people were mad the last 13 months as they made money riding it up, but they apparently didn't understand what they had bought and didn't realize it could go down 100%.

Those sorts of funds contributed to the panic that caused the selloff as people desperately tried to get out before they lost all their money.

Today was nuts, I can only use my own accounts as a point of reference. In 2 IRA's yesterday I went down 10K, today those 2 accounts were down as much as 6 K and wound up going UP 5.5K.

7. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse Chad's got nothing on me!

These asshat have no low they can’t reach.