Trump and his stock market claims?

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Russ Smith, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Azlen

Azlen Registered

If you stare too long at the stock market you run a risk of doing what the Democrats did in 2016, forget that there are a lot of Americans who aren't benefiting from the economy the way that Wall Street is. The stock market does better when American Corporations move jobs offshore at a cheaper cost. Coal jobs are still not going to come back. Manufacturing still isn't coming back. The people who voted for Trump because of economic anxiety aren't going to vote for him again because the stock market is up.

nashman and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.
  2. DWKB

DWKB Registered

You keep saying this like it's proven fact, or fact at all.

nashman likes this.
  3. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

The futures weren't dropping because of Trump though, they were dropping because the market hates uncertainty and everyone had expected Clinton to win, so when it became clear that might not happen, the market panicked. as soon as it became clear Trump had won, the market stabilized.

I think a key point has been made over and over with ex military, ex FBI, ex CIA etc people they interview on CNN. The reality is that Nationalism and Patriotism are NOT the same thing. Trump is a Nationalist not a Patriot, he used Nationalism to incite his base and it worked, but we see the results all the time like this white nationalist speech today at U of Florida.

The markets are way down today I suspect largely because it ran so high and there's major concerns the Republican budget that's about to get passed is going to be a disaster

nashman likes this.
  4. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Fundamentally dishonest. Every last one of these crooks.

5. Russ Smith

So the market has gone up roughly 6000 points or 33% since Trump became dictator.

And it went from 6400 to 18000 under Obama which is nearly 300% and nearly 12000 points.

6. Kel Varnsen

People like Gorka know they can deceive the Trump base and will not be challenged. Instead he’ll be cheered. It’s sad.

Russ Smith likes this.
  7. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse Chad's got nothing on me!

Some of these fools are now saying the tax cuts mean the DOW will hit 31,000. Yeah, right before they crush the country with a 15,000 pt correction.... of it gets anywhere near 30K, I'm shorting the hell out of it.

UncleChris likes this.
  8. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

Same here. Due for a market correction at some point. Stocks have gone up on hype, and not fundamentals, so something has to give.

9. Russ Smith

There is definitely still room for upside. part of it will be corporations making even bigger profits, and part of it is as mentioned before, with interest rates this low virtually all of the normal "safe havens" are just terrible investments right now so people are still in the markets so it's still going up.

The big concern to me isn't even economic, Trump is such a moron he's either going to eventually start a war with N Korea, or get caught with the Russian collusion, or both, and crumple the markets.

Of the 2 obviously I hope it's the latter, definitely don't want to have war.

I think if we hit 30K in the DOW I'd probably get completely out of stocks other than an ETF like SDOW that shorts the DOW.

LoyaltyisaCurse likes this.
  10. Kel Varnsen

Wow.

11. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut rilly bruh, rilly?? Contributor

jdapjt75_17cqjve_1cb4vpn.png

This is a fake tweet I made

12. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

Ha ha, more satire......

--------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—After watching it suffer its worst losses since he became President, Donald Trump is “seriously considering” firing the Dow Jones industrial Average, aides have confirmed. According to the aides, Trump is “furious” at the D.J.I.A. for going down so precipitously and believes that it has treated him “very unfairly.”

“Increasingly, the President has become convinced that the Dow Jones Industrial Average is not on his team,” one aide said. “Seeing the negative Dow numbers in the corner of the TV screen has been wrecking eleven hours of every day for him.”

Reportedly, Trump is mulling replacing the Dow with a new system, in which Sarah Huckabee Sanders would appear every day at 4 p.m. to announce how high stocks had skyrocketed.

En route to an appearance in Ohio, Trump stopped short of saying that he would ask for the stock market index’s resignation, but his contempt for the Dow was palpable. “The Dow Jones Industrial Average is a disgrace, and it should be very, very ashamed of itself,” he said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/bor...nsidering-firing-dow-jones-industrial-average

thirty-two and Kel Varnsen like this.
  13. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

It was obvious due to the proper use of capitalization.

Linderbee likes this.
  14. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

THIS is how you finally get corporations to turn on Trump.

15. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

It must hurt his head to be that dumb. Holy moly.