Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology

Discussion in 'Books' started by Rivercard, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Sure. And?

Sorry, but not sure what you're getting at. Doesn't mean that some nefarious plot is at hand with Miscavage, who I don't know much about and am not really interested in. He always seems like a used car salesman to me.

2. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

LRH Quotes from the "DEAD AGENTING" document...........

This is correct procedure:
    1. Spot who is attacking us.

2. Start investigating them promptly for FELONIES or worse using our own professionals, not outside agencies.

3. Double curve our reply by saying we welcome an investigation of them.

4. Start feeding lurid, blood sex crime actual evidence on the attackers to the press. (LRH)

ALWAYS ATTACK in a press release. Never Defend or Deny. (LRH)

If there will be a long-term threat, you are to immediately evaluate and originate a black PR campaign to destroy the person's repute and to discredit them so thoroughly that they will be ostracized. (LRH)

In other words, handle the hell out of it. (LRH)

PR isn't "being nice." It is a dynamic subject. (LRH)

3. Rivercard

You have a point. If scientologists are fine with double standards then who am I to complain.

4. Chaplin

What double standards? Just because my friend is a Catholic doesn't make him a pedophile, because, you know, some of the higher ups at the church were.

I see now where this is going, so I'll end it here. It was a good discussion.

5. Rivercard

Yes it's a good discussion. I have no idea where it's going though. It's just the irony is so rich. On one hand we have church officials Investigating an extra-marital affair, which indicates they hold family bonds to a high standard and breaking them is a moral offense. Yet on the other hand we know the church has a policy of disconnection from spouses and family members. So I guess family isn't really that important to church policy after all, so why do they care so much about the affair with a married person? It's all just really strange to me, but it must make sense to those on the inside.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  6. DemsMyBoys

DemsMyBoys Registered

For the record... I have. I watched Scientology grow from 15 second commercials on Channel 9 daytime TV that hawked "Dianetics" (which I read in the 9th grade to see what all the hype was about) to what it is today. I lived near the blue building in Hollywood. I used to say to them, "No, I'm not interested in a free personality test. I wasn't interested yesterday and I won't be interested tomorrow." Or cross the street to avoid being interrupted while I was going about my day, minding my own business.

I never had the desire to give a group of people thousands and thousands of dollars to be part of their religion. I could sit in the garden at the Self Realization Fellowship Temple on Sunset and meditate for free. No one tried to recruit me... or cared that I would sometimes sit there to read my Bible. Love that place~

7. Chaplin

I'm pretty much the same. Difference with me, is that none of my friends or relatives involved with the religion have ever tried to convert me or preach to me or anything. I've gotten much more from religions like Mormonism and Jehova's Witnesses.

8. DemsMyBoys

DemsMyBoys Registered

I don't have any relatives who are Scientologists, but I've had co-worker/friends who were. They stopped inviting me to try Scientology after they heard (again) "You don't make enough money to be a Scientologist. I was with you when you bought your crappy couch, remember?"

When the EST people tried to recruit I said, "Be locked in a room and not allowed to go to the bathroom? Are you freaking kidding? Why would you willingly do that?" (I'm too practical for fringe religions.)

9. Rivercard

You should join Scientology now just to get in there and cause some trouble :)

10. DemsMyBoys

DemsMyBoys Registered

First day as an official Scientologist: "So what did y'all do with Miscavige's wife? Do I get to find out when you hook up the soup cans? I know there's a cost for that. Do you take a check? Don't cash it until Friday because it will bounce like Tom Cruise onto Oprah's couch."

11. Rivercard

A) How about we take you down to the bank and get your credit card limit raised to $25,000 instead. Then you can max it out with your generous donation.