Took the raft out today.

Discussion in 'ASFN Hall of Remembrance' started by KingofCards, Feb 21, 2004.

1. KingofCards

KingofCards My Hero

To be honest I don't remember. When I grabbed the tree, the river just took my pants down to my ankles. Then I let go and I was back in the current.

It took a second to gather myself and realize I was alright. Believe me, having no pants when you think you are about to be drowned is not a concern. Besides the fact that I was toasted and the water was about 40 degrees.

Once I passed the trees, the water slowed a little and I realized I could make it to shore. I remember putting my feet down and thinking, I made it. It was still hauling ass though.

Then we saw our buddy float by, and I yelled, "Get out of the water", but he was prettty composed and had collected the bags with the keys and ****.

I was all dude "where is my Brother?". Then I heard Kevin yelling "here comes the boat".

Me and my buddy knew we had to stop the boat. So when it came we jumped back in. Grabbed the boat and rode it another 50 yards down before we got it to shore.

If we didn't stop the boat. We had at least a mile hike, some of us with no shoes, in the desert, with the sun going down. When we stopped the boat we had only one oar left.

After being tossed out, we had to get back in the boat and go through **** just as bad as just flipped us. But this time with only one oar.

2. KingofCards

KingofCards My Hero

It is funny now and was a great trip.

Did I tell you about the time the bears came and took all our food the 2nd day of a 5 day trip?

So anyone want to go camping with me? I know some great activities and good spots! :D

I promise you'll live. Well, who can make that promise?

3. marathon_mom

marathon_mom Bring it on!!!

No thank you!! But I'd listen to the bear story. lmao.

4. KingofCards

KingofCards My Hero

Man this thread brings up memories.

I thought I had pneumonia, whatever, lung cancer, pneumonia same thing.

5. NEZCardsfan

NEZCardsfan Banned

This could be an oppurtunity to pull the Kayak out of the attic. Tooling around the HOA lakes got a little old after some Security guard threatened to call the cops if I didn't stay out of there.