This bud's for you LA Clippers.......

Discussion in 'Smack Shack' started by JAB, May 4, 2012.

Do the LA Clippers make it out of round two?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2012.
  1. LA Clippers make it past round 2.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. LA Clippers don't make it past round 2.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Who cares?

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. JAB

JAB Banned

The Los Angeles Clippers have their best opportunity to do what has never been done in 27 years of LA Clipper history and that's to get out of the second round of the NBA playoffs. The Western conference still isn't easy, but it's as weak as it's been in years. Could this be the year?

They actually haven't done it in the 42 years of franchise existence, but back to the LA Clippers. Who doesn't like Blake Griffin, and as Cardinal fans we can certainly support an underdog. But the futility that is the Los Angeles Clippers is unmatched by any organization in any major sport history.

So what say you? Do the LA Clippers with their fifth playoff appearance in 27 years finally do what they have never done before?

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  2. JAB

JAB Banned

The Clippers are up two games to one in round one. It's looking like they're going to have their opportunity to fight it out for history in round two if they can hang in there and keep winning these close games.

Unfortunately, it looks like the San Antonio Spurs are going to win in four or five games and be well rested for the second round. But you never know maybe Utah will make a comeback.

A well rested San Antonio is not what a young clipper team needs to break their streak of 27/42 years of futility, but there's still a window of hope. This could be it clipper nation keep the dream alive to go where no clipper has ever gone before.

You can do it....................
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  3. azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone Registered

Go Clips!

4. JAB

JAB Banned

They need to win and get their series over with as fast as they can just in case San Antonio sweeps Utah. If they can play San Antonio without a lot of rest that will give them their best opportunity IMO. The LA Clippers need to finish off Memphis as fast as possible and then who knows, anything goes.

5. Joe L

Joe L The people's champ

Clippers kicking ass is all I have to say.

If not for one inbound play in the second meeting ( Reg season) once the game was already over, we could have took the season series, 2-1 against the Spurs. Ryan Gomes hasn't played since that horrible inbound play.

Clippers match up with the Spurs well. And if we would have taken care of business by taking the third seed, we could have played the Thunder who we owned in the regualr season (3-1). Oh, and we've played the Thunder well going back to last season.

I think we have a better shot of getting past the second round than the Lakers have a chance of beating the Thunder. But in the end, I think both LA team get beat.

Man, what happened to the Blazers this season? Now that is a team in turmoil. No light at the end of that tunnel. lol

6. Joe L

Joe L The people's champ

:)

7. JAB

JAB Banned

Could be your year to finally make some noise 27/42 years is a long time. So far so good you better finish off the job a rested San Antonio knowing they have limited opportunities left will definitely play you a lot better than they did during the regular season and they did win that 2-1 yes? They know this could be their last dance and they're going to throw everything at your boys with the know how to get the job done.

My prediction if you're series against the grizzlies goes at least six games is you will lose in six games or less against San Antonio. I really believe the rest for an older team, your lack of experience and them wanting one last run will be too much if you simply can't run them to death.

Besides if you want to say a play here or there winning game one after being that far down was just as much of a miracle if as any single play. Your series could very easily be 2-2. You're doing great but I wouldn't be too overconfident and throw out the words kicking *** just yet. But good luck it looks like you will al lest get to round 2 and have a shot.

Well, Greg Oden is done, Brandon Roy had to retire due to injuries as well and LaMarcus Aldridge also got injured. You try playing without CP3, Blake Griffin and whoever your third-best player is and see what happens. Besides I would never throw out and LOL on a team that went down to injuries it's bad karma. After 27/42 years you need all you can get.

Besides, the only good thing about Brandon Roy's injury is he took the option to retire and that takes his max salary off the books. They now have his money and Oden's money and an owner that tries every year not every 15 years. I'm sure with money to bring some studs in with LaMarcus Aldridge and an already decent supporting cast the Blazers light is still on.

PS.......
    I forgot to mention the trail Blazers traded Gerald Wallace to the New Jersey Nets for their first round pick. That will give Portland two lottery picks in this upcoming draft. It definitely was a hard season but with this and with what I mentioned above they're light is never off they try every year.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  8. JAB

JAB Banned

I warned you about throwing out an LOL on a team that suffered from injuries, it's bad karma. With Blake Griffin hyper extending his knee and CP3 reinjuring his growing you better hope it's minor and they're back ready for game six or you could find yourself in a game seven back in Memphis with a lot of egg on your face.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  9. D-Dogg

D-Dogg A Whole New World Contributor

Back to a game 7, as it should be. Clips got lucky in their win in Memphis with that ridiculous comeback.

Memphis will oust them rather unceremoniously at home in game 7.

10. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Just grab a phone book at random and start reading names. Griffin is rapidly becoming one of the most hated players in the game. Now, with mentoring from Reggie Evans and Kenyon Martin he should move even higher on the most disliked list. I'm sure his creepy stalker-like commercials are helping his image with the casual fan but the ardent fan is so over this guy.

Steve

11. JAB

JAB Banned

This has to be top 5 ugliest playoff games in NBA history. IMO whoever wins is going to get killed by San Antonio. It's so a bad the NBA should consider just eliminating both teams

12. D-Dogg

Wow, way to not show up, Memphis.

I have no clue how the Clips and Spurs matchup....

13. JAB

JAB Banned

A very rested San Antonio spurs will probly win in 5 games. The way that game and series went they should eliminate both teams and let Denver play San Antonio.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  14. D-Dogg

LOL - that's an awesome idea.

15. JAB

JAB Banned

Seriously, that was one ugly series but the better team did win. San Antonio was beat up last year in the playoffs and was missing a couple of their stars. They won their first series this yer 4 -0 and are very well rested.

I just can't see a worn down beat up LA Clippers team playing the way they did having any chance against a healthy well rested San Antonio Spurs team. But they play the games for a reason you never know. If the Clippers do win it will be their first time ever in their franchise existence to get out of the second round. I'm afraid this isn't the year and they're going to add to their 42 years of futility.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/clippers/post/_/id/2028/first-look-san-antonio-spurs

The only game the Spurs lost Tony Parker didn't play.

Last edited: May 13, 2012