The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Zeno, Aug 26, 2010.

1. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

Fear hooked me right away... not that the writing is great or anything... but one particular scene...
    when Junkie depp sees his first zombie, and he runs out of the building and as he looks back he is yanking up the back of his saggy britches...lol...I know it wasnt important or anything but for some reason that scene just struck me as so realistic
    I imagine it would be similar to my own reaction upon seeing a real zombie, lol...my fat ass would be flowin'....eyes like saucers... I would clear so many miles it would put Kenyans and Sudanese both to shame...lions, huh....

2. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

I had no intention of watching Fear this season until Morgan was announced. My expectations are still low for Dumb (zombies) and Dumber (survivors) aka Fear the Walking Dead.

3. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Haha, I know the scene you're referring to. I liked it too. He was an appealing character from the start. I wasn't able to latch on to any other characters in that show. I still need to finish up season 3 though.

4. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

That scene was great but I hated all the characters until season two

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

5. BigRedRage

Episode one was good, it's a massive time jump though.. Not sure how I feel about that. We are taking years and years of character progression being glossed over

6. BigRedRage

So has the finale not aired yet? Surprised no comments here. Just got back from the theater. It was fast, I need to watch it again. I expected it to be more drawn out. I guess the way it went down though, it irritates that from happening.

I'm not against Rick's plan at the end and an very curious what the plan meant that Maggie, Jesus and Daryl spoke of at the end.

7. Folster

Folster The system doesn't work.

Weird episode. I think the ending will allow a lot of people to stop watching.

Some problems I had with the episode:

It drives me crazy to watch Rick and his Army or any combat patrol move in a gaggle all bunched up in the open. It's like no one grasps how to move tactically and there isn't one former Army or Marine infantryman that could help with tactics.

The Saviors never thought to test fire Eugene's ammunition? Everyone's ammo malfunctioned in synchrony causing mass causalties.

The Island people were throwing some wicked molotov cocktails. They we're so explosive, I thought the helicopter had returned and was firing napalm.

WTF was up with the Dark Maggie, Jesus, and Darryl scene? They even had sinister music in the background. Jesus has been practically Jesus Christ for the whole season and now he is plotting with Maggie. And what were they plotting? Are they going to kill Rick and Michonne, overthrow them, or just kill Negan? That came from way out of left field and was way out of character.

That final battle was a dud. Nobody died! Not even Negan. I thought for sure Moragn woul bite it and was hoping Tara would.

The whole Carl and Rick resolution is a good ending point if you want to get off the train. I think I might call it a series.

8. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Anticlimactic is a good way to sum it up.

Agree about the plotting. Why would Jesus go along with whatever Maggie planned? I assumed it was to simply kill Negan. Made no sense.

And my first thought when Rick revealed what they were going to do with Negan was, “Yeah, what could POSSIBLY go wrong with THAT plan?”

Doesn’t feel like they are going to reboot the series next season to me.

9. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

I never thought Negan was going to die so that didn’t shock me a bit. I too was surprised with Jesus joining Maggie. Doesn’t seem to be in character.

I actually really enjoyed this season but as I stated before the Eugene switching aides yet AGAIN was puke worthy. All the back and forth and the fact he is so annoying but lives!? Annoying!

10. BigRedRage

Negan tested the munitions, I don't see why anyone else would go through any of the limited ammo on the way to a gunfight.

The jesus, Daryl, Maggie thing was odd. Jesus is for saving people, I cant see how he would just go along with it. Either he does maggies bidding or he is playing along. Even for Daryl to be a part of it, it was odd. We will see.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a time jump next season. Not as big as Fear just did but a time jump neverless.

11. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

I’m wondering if it’s a deflection. Maggie’s plan isn’t what we think it is, which is why Jesus goes along with it.

But who am I kidding? The writers aren’t that smart.

12. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

Meh. The Maggie meeting will probably end up being this year's dumpster to hide under until next season and then it will be like, oh never mind, we're good with everything now. Next bad guy, please.

13. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

The Jesus thing makes total sense.

Not.

Linderbee likes this.
  14. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

The Maggie meeting is the most incongruous thing I have seen in the history of the show. They have so much history that there is no way they don't have a private conversation and try to work it out. Now she's going to plot against Rick? Give me a break.

Linderbee likes this.
  15. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

i like that they also did it with the blinds drawn AND most of the lights off... and that Daryl was hiding in the shadows... for no reason.

Personally, I'm #TeamMaggie... even if they make no sense whatsoever as a team.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018