Discussion in 'World Sports' started by coyoteshockeyfan, Dec 31, 2007.
I don't know what post you are talking about. It is not in the trash either.
I am at a loss for words right now. Hopefully this means that we can have now finally have true soccer academies that actually teach our youth how to play soccer.
Dunno. I see your post with the stars. I mean, if mine is still up, I don't see what you could have posted that would be taken down lol
1. I firmly believe that the US would still be in the WC with Jurgen. Losing at home to Mexico on a last second goal and on the road to Costa Rica while a bad start, isn't earth shattering. Losing to Costa Rica at home and T&T away is many multitudes worse.
2. Arena and Sunati both will be fired in one weeks time. If Sunati isn't fired, he definitely won't win re-election.
3. Howard and Guzan will both retire. Dempsey will retire once he breaks Donovan's record.
4. It is beyond sad that the best player the US has ever produced will not be able to be a part of the World Cup.
5. I'm not even sure if I will even watch the WC now.
1. Tim Howard is a shell of his former self. The Timmy of old would have saved both of those hits. The own goal he had time to move his feet and get better positioning under the ball. Instead he dove, missed and it goes in. The second goal he didn't move either. That was an insane goal, but no keeper should be beat from that far. Throw in the fact that he almost let a 3rd in when the ball bounced and barely hit is arm and it was a disaster for him in goal today.
2. Starting the exact same 11 with only 4 days rest is beyond silly. I know they wanted to 'if it isn't broke, don't fix it,' but they broke it by not tuning it up. It was clear most of the players were tired.
3. Arriola was dreadful. The entire front line lost the ball a dozen times in the first half. The spacing was terrible. There was a back line and a forward line; no one was in the middle linking up play.
4. Why did Arena sub out Villafana for Acosta? That substitution was mindboggling. If anyone was getting exposed in the second half, it was Yedlin on the right hand side.
So Embarrassing! I wasn't excited when Arena took over again. Thought it was a huge mistake. This is just an absolute joke.
OMG I woke up this morning to the news. It was like a bad dream that just hit me. I was relatively sure we had it in the bag against Trinidad. I'm so glad I did not lose sleep to watch that chicken parade.
I agree. Worst hire in US Soccer history for me especially in hindsight. It did not make sense based on the fact that he did a terrible job in 2006 World Cup when he ran Donovan into the ground. We can thank guys like arena and bob Bradley for overusing Donovan in unnecessary matches and camps. Looks like he was reverting back to that with pulisic.
He mettled in US Soccer during the JK era and attacked players with foreign backgrounds. He probably could have used Fabian Johnson or some of those other guys last night who were notably absent... who looks like a donkey now? This team can tie Mexico in Azteca but lose at Trinidad? They get beat twice by Costa Rica 0-6 goal differential? I'm glad they aren't in the World Cup. Now maybe a selection on the US roster will be an actual competition. Guys like Bradley Howard wondo and an old Dempsey/Beasley should not have been in every single US camp. The fact that they are shows our problem.
There was never consistency with this team. For me that's the frustration. They can play well at times and then suck horribly like that stinker against Argentina in copa America for example when they not only got their butts kicked on the score but they couldn't even connect on one pass.
Something went way wrong with JK. He lost the team in the Mexico game. I think a lot had to do with pulisic getting the keys to the lambo too quickly and other players getting Upset by it. Unfortunately by the time pulisic figured things out he had arena calling the shots. Arena overhauled the roster to a more friendly MLS selection(which is bad on all levels).
The one thing that I will say both coaches messed up is their selection process. They allow certain players to get too comfortable to the point that they aren't earning their selection. For me this is a systemic problem in US Soccer. And it is evident with Bradley and Howard. They are geezers that can't handle criticism from the media. Interestingly jk hit the nail on the head with their main issue. by using Kobe as an example of US sport culture where we pay players for what they do yesterday rather than what they do in the moment. Too bad he and arena did not follow his own advice.
But then again maybe US Soccer just sucks. Are we leaning on those old players because it is comfortable or do we just not have a backup plan due to poor development? It's probably both.
Kind of selfish if you ask me. I actually felt bad for Landon and still do a little. But I also thought that JK made an example out of him but unfortunately did not follow through with other underachievers like Bradley Howard and Dempsey. Jk klinsmann and arena both seem to pick and choose the players they are willing to just hand them a indefinite selection. This entitlement issue in US Soccer with players is exactly why they yield these results.
Hopefully Sunil gulati is next. He’s the idiot that hired Bruce no?
Separate names with a comma.