THE Newcastle United FC thread

Discussion in 'World Sports' started by Stout, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Smashing win. Met with my buddy, a Gooner fan, the other night, before seeing the game with him this morning. He couldn't believe pundits were saying Newcastle were odds on to break our drought against the Gooner. He believes it now :)

2. Stout

But you'll notice, even with the big win, Newcastle are nowhere near Burnley. The idea of even a chance of a Europa League place was lunacy.

3. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

It will be good to see Newcastle in the league next year. It will be a bit sad to see Southampton go. They have been up for so long. Still could be if they didn't sell all of their good players to Liverpool.

Stout likes this.
  4. Stout

Yeah, Southampton's youth academy is freaking legendary. They just sell and sell and sell, and are finally looking to pay the price for it.

5. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

No maybe not but they are really playing with good spirit. That was not a fluke. they really went at arsenal and took those 3 points. Very impressive. I would be taking every shot you can at the gooners lol!

If Newcastle went out and bought a few good players it’s not beyond possible to move up in the table to flirt with that 7 spot next season.

6. Stout

Oh, the Mags are red hot. I think it says a lot about how confident I am in them right now that I didn't even blink when they beat Arsenal. Don't get me wrong--I loved it--but I kind of took it as eventual.

Man, if the Mags can secure a striker, a #10, and sign Kenedy (I'm taking it for granted we take the permanent deal option for Dubravka), and fill in the squad a bit, then I have no doubt Newcastle can challenge for a Europa League spot. As long as they don't lose any of their own stars, of course.

7. lorenzotexan

true a lot of people would be interested in some of their players. shelvey in particular for me would be a fine addition on many teams. and I think spurs would rather have Yedlin to back trippier than aurier. but they never thought they would sell kyle walker. I hope Newcastle keep their players and make some additions in the front.

Stout likes this.
  8. Stout

I don't know about Yedlin. I think he'll be good for the squad, and probably as a starter in a transition season next year, but I'm not sure about him starting long-term. He's young and might still develop, but he makes a ton of bad mistakes and still gets caught out of position. I think I cursed him when I overpraised him back during Newcastle's early season success :)

9. lorenzotexan

True about that in the games I’ve watched. He often looks confused for me. I think he belongs on a side where he has the green light to attack because that is his strength. Last year at Norwich for example he was great because he was pressed forward almost the entire match. But he would be a bench player on a lot of mid to upper sides.

Stout likes this.