THE Newcastle United FC thread

Discussion in 'World Sports' started by Stout, Aug 18, 2010.

1. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

Stupid tackle by yedlin. I saw it on BBC. He deserved to be sent off absolutely.

2. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

No doubt about it. Got away with one there. Then again, I'm used to the Mags getting utterly screwed by the refs, so I say they're still owed quite a ton. Still haven't gotten a penalty called in their favor this season yet.

3. Stout

No idea what the hell a player has to do to get sent off against Newcastle. I swear to Christ, they'd have to take off a leg before maybe, MAYBE, then seeing red. That's the second horrific scissor kick, from behind, with intent and intensity, that has resulted in a mere yellow. One of them injured a starter for most of the young season. Inex-effing-scusable. This time the ref took his time, had a long think...and pussied out like a little bitch. Awful, awful refereeing.

Also an awful, awful performance. Thankfully Palace are just a pathetic team and Hodgson didn't start a striker, or the Mags would have lost. After good subs, they finally turned on the intensity to snatch a huge point. Sitting good in the table, but between Newcastle's and the ref's struggles, it was a tough game to watch.

4. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

I put money on you guys against Burnley. They better come through.

Stout likes this.
  5. dreamcastrocks

I hope they get relegated again.

Stout likes this.
  6. Stout

Well, the pundits FINALLY decided to stop hating Newcastle this week, so...

...naturally they lost. Thanks, though, DCR. You gave me a great post-game laugh that I really needed :)

No killer instinct at all. Burnley didn't have it most of the game either. Just, come the latter part of the 2nd half, they started applying pressure, and it paid off. Looked like a goalless draw for 3/4 of the game. Can't say Burnley didn't earn it, though, and the Mags certainly didn't earn the draw.

7. dreamcastrocks

Pretty much. Very boring. Neither team earned it.

8. Stout

Agreed. Merino was out with a minor (I hope) back injury. I'm thinking he needs to be involved in every single game, from the very start, at this point. Solid and super cheap signing. Newcastle's suffering from Jabba the Ashley's mismanagement and lack of backing Rafa. Just don't have enough offensive quality.

lorenzotexan likes this.
  9. dreamcastrocks

Or a real desire to be offensive.

10. lorenzotexan

Honestly for me Shelvey was the only one capable of creating offensively for long stretches. At times it was if he had nothing in front of him. That was a match they need to get at least a point. Too many poor decisions in the midfield. They have done ok so far but they could dip if this continues.

11. Stout

Trust me, it's that they don't have the players.

12. Stout

How do you draw a game 1-1 and end up with zero points? Have the worst effing ref crew work your game, that's how! Somehow they just seemed to absolutely despise Newcastle in this game. Robbed them of a definite goal. Not yellow carding players for what otherwise was booked for a yellow. When a Bournemouth player bounces up, charges a Newcastle player, and literally puts their face in his, the NEWCASTLE player gets booked. Literally pushing someone over from behind at the edge of the box when a Newcastle player gets behind you isn't a red for last man, or a yellow...it isn't even an effing FOUL!!!

Those were just the worst calls, too. Utterly ridiculous reffing. Bournemouth definitely came out in the 2nd and earned a goal, but Newcastle actually SCORED a goal. I guess you have to score them at a rate of two-to-one just to earn an effing draw, though. If your name is Newcastle, you do.

13. Stout

Here's a caveat to this post: Everyone knew Newcastle was going to lose. Except for the madness that gripped me when we scored first, even I knew it.

With that out of the way, the big hero was also the big goat. Gayle had wonderful positioning to tap in a magnificent ball from Yedlin, who is my man of the match. So, Gayle's a hero for getting our only goal. He's also the goat for being the biggest catalyst in conceding the all-important third goal, which put the game out of reach. He was in a position, just outside of Man U's box, to shoot. As a striker, either shoot--which is preferred--or find a better option. AT LEAST get the ball to a teammate. Instead he tried a long pass across the top of the box, which was intercepted for an immediate and devastating counter-attack. Boom, 3-1 Man U.

Ah well. Newcastle were never getting points out of this one. Watford at home? Must get points. West Brom? Must win.

lorenzotexan likes this.
  14. lorenzotexan

that's how I feel after the eagles/cowboys game last night LOL. just translate the words to fit the other match.

As for Newcastle they had a brilliant start. Now they must snap out of this funk soon and well put they must do it at home and against the other mid level clubs.

other than man city right now this thing is wide open. hopefully they start losing when aguero gets back...LOL

15. Stout

Relegation fight: On. Benitez needs to stop being a stubborn jackass and just start Mitrovic. Joselu is a disaster and useless as can be.

lorenzotexan likes this.