The Evil Dead (remake)

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Brian in Mesa, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Raimi & Campbell Remaking The Evil Dead
    Source: Variety
    November 18, 2004

"Spider-Man" franchise director Sam Raimi and original producing partners Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell are reteaming to produce a remake of the cult hit The Evil Dead through Ghost House Pictures and Senator International, reports Variety.

Raimi wrote, directed and produced the 1981 film, which tells the tale of a group of friends who go to a cabin in the woods, where they find an unspeakable evil lurking in the forest. One by one, the teens become deadly zombies. With only Ash (Campbell) remaining, it is up to him to survive the night and battle The Evil Dead.

Raimi will not direct the remake, so Ghost House is looking for a helmer to reinvent the franchise before a script is written.

The original film spawned sequels Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness.

2. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are a few of the LAST people on the face of the earth I thought would sell out!!! Why? Oh God, why!?!?!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Brian in Mesa

Stout - I feel your pain.

BTW: I always thought The Evil Dead had been remade once before...and it was called Evil Dead II. :shrug: :D

:bang:

4. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Lol Nah, that was more piling on of the good stuff when they began to realize what gold they had struck.

5. FischerKing

FischerKing Beer me a post... Contributor

ah man - i love the original...

shawn

6. Billythekid

Billythekid Registered

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Why are they doing this!!! :shrug:

Stupid Stupid Stupid move.

EVIL DEAD REMAKE

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

7. azdad1978

azdad1978 Championship!!!!

Why? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! This is a Stupid idea :stupid: :mad:

8. Brian in Mesa

Rob Tapert on The Evil Dead Remake
    Source: Sci Fi Wire
    January 26, 2005

Rob Tapert, who runs Ghost House Pictures with "Spider-Man" franchise director Sam Raimi, talked to Sci Fi Wire about producing the upcoming remake of The Evil Dead, which original star Bruce Campbell will also produce.

Tapert said they're going to be careful. "I talk to Bruce Campbell every other day, and he says, 'You should see the message boards and all of the stuff I get saying "Please don't do it!"' So we're certainly going to have to tread carefully."

He added that "as long as we stay true to what was the original model of the first Evil Dead, which was that we want to hurt and punish the audience, then those who love it will be satisfied."

"We mean to bring that out to a whole new generation in something that honors all of the people that loved it and yet gives them a new and thrilling ride that they weren't expecting. That's the challenge, and hopefully if we succeed that's kind of the glory."

Raimi wrote, directed and produced the 1981 film, which tells the tale of a group of friends who go to a cabin in the woods, where they find an unspeakable evil lurking in the forest. One by one, the teens become deadly zombies. With only Ash (Campbell) remaining, it is up to him to survive the night and battle The Evil Dead.

Raimi will not direct the remake, so Ghost House is looking for a helmer to reinvent the franchise before a script is written.

The original film spawned sequels Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------

Still... :bang:

9. bunnyhatesfoofoo

bunnyhatesfoofoo Down with the Sickness

:eek: How can Raimi not direct this?! Whats wrong with him? :bang:

10. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

1) If you don't want to see it, don't go see it.

2) It's one thing if Rob Cohen or Brett Ratner wants to remake it, but this is Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell. They have a right to do whatever they want with their property that they created--I don't see why everyone has to cry about it. In fact, if you are resigned to the fact that Evil Dead will get remade, this is the best possible scenario (with the exception that Raimi won't direct it).

11. Brian in Mesa

Good points, Chap. At least they're not going Lucas on their creation and altering the original theatrical releases... :|

12. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Oh man, that says it all, BIM. :cool:

13. bunnyhatesfoofoo

bunnyhatesfoofoo Down with the Sickness

Maybe Sam will change his mind and want to direct once he starts writing it? :shrug:

14. Renz

Renz An Army of One

Personally, I think it is a shameless money-grab, but whatever. I won't pay money to see it. If I want to watch The Evil Dead I will just put in the DVD.

I will never watch the remake of Psycho either. That was the worst idea for a remake in history IMO.

15. SweetD

SweetD Next Up Contributor

Not sure I would like the idea of a new Evil Dead but I would go see it no matter what. :thumbup: Bruce Cambell rocks