Suns @ Clippers game thread 12-20-17

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

They're depending on their Centers to carry the load on the glass and it's worked well. The Suns are 4th in the league in rebounds per game with 45.7. Chandler is averaging 9.6, Len at 9.2, and Monroe at 8.3. They're getting about 42% of their rebounds from their Center play.

They're definitely lacking rebounding from the PF position but since their Centers are rebounding that well it hasn't hurt them that much that they don't have a good rebounder at PF. I suspect if they did though that could swing some games in their favor. They're allowing 45.8 rebounds per game, which is almost identical to what they're pulling down. That is the 4th worst in the league at rebounds allowed.

They're ranked 3rd in pace, which will produce more rebounds a game in total as well but they need a 2nd strong rebounder on the floor to start winning the rebounding battles with their opponents which should get them to win more games overall. They're allowing the 3rd most Offensive Rebounds a game at 10.7, which allows their opponents more shots and chances to beat them.

Mainstreet likes this.
  2. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Some nice stats. It would be good to have a dominant rebounding team down the road.

3. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

You said over and over? You’ve only been on this board like two weeks.

BC867 likes this.
  4. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

One telling stat would be how many offensive rebounds they are giving up. I haven’t checked. But if they are giving up an average number, then rebounding is sort of a zero sum thing. If the centers get more, the pf’s will get less.

5. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

nice work there JC! That was a solid Perry Mason moment.

6. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

@Chris_Sanders Who did this new poster... who's not Slin... say the bolded to "over and over again" in the off-season... if he just joined?

7. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

It's definitely slin, he hasn't even denied it. I don't really care either way; I actually appreciate the perspective slin brings on a lot of players, it's just too bad he has to be so abrasive in any disagreement.

ColdPickleNachos likes this.
  8. Mainstreet

If it is slinslin, I enjoy what he brings to the forum about players in the draft.

If it is him, I think he has moderated his language. I'd like to see how it plays out.

9. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

It appears it has been played out. His status shows as "Banned."

Poop Head likes this.
  10. Poop Head

Poop Head Poster formerly known as kingdad

I thought it was pretty obviously Slin, especially once he was asked if he watched any games. He ignored that just like Slin did and I saw that as my own confirmation. Rather than ignoring it outright he'd post more advanced stats and talk down to anyone who thought you actually had to watch basketball occasionally to have some idea of how it's played. What tipped me off originally was how he couldn't talk about how great Chriss is without bashing Bender, or vice versa in that he'd bring up Chriss while bashing Bender. For whatever reason he's always hated Bender and loved Chriss. Prior to that draft I thought he was a good poster with some quirks but he decided to bring racism into arguments about those 2 quite often, as the reason some liked Bender more than Chriss. I always found it kind of funny how he'd claim racism though considering he didn't watch any basketball so how did he know which players were which race.

11. pokerface

pokerface Registered

Quite the detectives on here :eek:

12. Mainstreet

I'm disappointed he was banned. He brought something to the Suns forum. IMO, he had moderated his abrasiveness.

13. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

I disagree. He called me a racist because I preferred Bender to Chriss. That's not a moderation of abrasiveness. This board is much more pleasant without Slin.

14. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

Unfortunately the rules are that if you re-register you are banned unless you only re-register to have a discussion with the moderator that banned you to appeal the ban.

Mainstreet likes this.
  15. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

And I am open to the discussion if he wants to have it.

Mainstreet likes this.