Sunderland AFC

Discussion in 'World Sports' started by EnglishCardinal, Aug 1, 2004.

1. US_Mackem

US_Mackem Free Agent

I agree! Strange as it sounds, after the dust settled, I actually felt that we were better off with Moyes than Big Sam.
    Kone is a dick, or more likely, his agent is a massive dick and Kone doesn't know any better. Moyes has said that we're not selling Kone. He might just be left to play in the reserves until he realizes that he's been a dick.
    I liked Yedlin... actually, still do like him. Big Sam had him playing well, i.e. told him that he was a defender, got him to defend first, then see what happened after that. If he can focus on the basics, he's not a bad kid. And he's quicker than just about anyone else in the league.
    Reckon we'll be ok this season. Granted, it's not looking good right now, but Moyes only came in 2 weeks before the season started, we've lost a bunch of our regulars to injury, Kaboul has gone, Kone has been a dick, apart from that, we're looking ok!
    You guys struggled to find your feet in the Championship. It's not gonna be easy, but you should have the quality to come straight back up. Hopefully we'll be waiting for you. Not so sure about the Boro though, they didn't look anything special on Sunday.

2. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Sunderpuke's starting to perk up a little lately, which is a good thing for you lot and for the north in general. When Newcastle get promoted, I want there to be as many northeast sides in the PL as possible.

3. Stout

Though that was a tough loss for you lot, I have to say, you have a fantastic young keeper. I was watching with the game on mute so I could listen to the Newcastle game. You certainly didn't lose because of the keeper. Pickford's one for the future.

4. US_Mackem

US_Mackem Free Agent

He's been brilliant, kept us in games, gained wins instead of draws, draws instead of loss. I'm sure there'll be bids for him in January, hope we can keep him.

Mags are doing well... hate to say that ;)

5. Stout

Yep. Dwight Gayle still outscoring the entirety of the Mackems :)

6. lorenzotexan

lorenzotexan Registered User

with liverpool coming into town it is going to be tough to stay out of the bottom 3 for now. it would be nice to see both sunderland and newcastle in the PL next season.

7. Stout

Yes, and I want to keep Middlesborough up too. Leeds going up would be great too.

lorenzotexan likes this.
  8. lorenzotexan

And they earn a draw nice big time. That hurts Liverpool. Suddenly Chelsea must not be so annoyed.

edit...just watched the summary. sunderland really had some good chances in spite of not having the ball much. defoe had a walk in opportunity and was onside, but turned his head to look for the flag which cost him the goal. both penalties were warranted, but there were some blown calls that went against both teams. in the build up for the second penalty that went for sunderland it was a terrible call to set up a free kick that went against liverpool. but they got away with a hand ball that should have been a penalty earlier. at the end sunderland could have had 3 penalties today...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  9. Stout

Wow, I just read that you lot turned down Ivan Rakitic for 380,000 back in 2011. Oops! Ranks up there with us missing out on Delli Ali!

lorenzotexan likes this.
  10. Stout

I might be the only one looking forward to the derby today. I get it--both sides are likely relegated--which is too bad. I wanted both of them up with Newcastle, but that's not to be. Still, I'll be watching Middlesbrough-Sunderland this afternoon and, since they're both down anyway, GO BORO :D

lorenzotexan likes this.
  11. lorenzotexan

Now that Sunderland are going down I wonder what that means for dafoe. He had a rebirth season. Something tells me MLS.

12. Stout

A Sunderland legend said he'd join Newcastle if they asked...

lorenzotexan likes this.
  13. Stout

Good win for Sunderland, keeping 'Boro alive--for now--in the Premiership.

14. English on tour

English on tour Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land

:barf: