Stop Eating Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner

Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by Southpaw, Mar 12, 2015.

1. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

82CardsGrad likes this.
  2. Dude

Dude Registered

I agree.

Eat smart. Eat breakfast. Listen to your own body.

3. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

American Food Science Is Broken
    [​IMG]
    Ryan F. Mandelbaum

Yesterday 12:03pm
    Filed to: the future of food

There could be a future where we eat incredible, sustainable, engineered foods—3D-printed or lab-grown meals, chemically optimized to unleash the perfect combination of flavor and nutrients to fit our bodies and our tastes. Better tasting hot dogs with harmful fats removed! Healthier snacks with accurate expiration dates! Or, we can continue on our present path, and Americans will keep eating the same foods we always have, including foods that make us sick and obese. If the United States would like a say in the future of food, the government and the people need to start paying attention to our food scientists...

http://gizmodo.com/american-food-sc..._source=gizmodo_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

4. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

It sounds like you're avoiding processed foods, which is the best place to start. Never eat anything that has more than five ingredients is nice general rule.

Southpaw likes this.
  5. BigRedRage

So in 2 weeks, I had gumbo, rice and bread one single time each. Had maybe 10 corn tortillas, no flour. Everything else has been meat, fruit and veggies. People ask if I feel different, I dont really have an answer, I dont know. I also dont know if I lost weight, I do not own a scale.

What I do know, my taste buds have changed. I used to never really eat fruit and now I love it. I took one bite of ice cream the other day and realized, I would rather eat a vine of grapes than ice cream now. I also bought my wife chocolate covered strawberries for valentines day. I was real excited to have one, just because I haven't had any sweets like that. I ate it but honestly, the chocolate made it not as good as it should have been. Previously, I thought the chocolate made it way better.

It is quite interesting how my taste has changed. At this point instead of eating candy bars and ice cream, if I am going to eat something "unhealthy" id rather have a cheeseburger or a burrito.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  6. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

TMI, man

Bert likes this.
  7. BigRedRage

lmao

8. Bada0Bing

Nice. I bet you'll start sleeping better too if you've ever had issues with sleep.

I can get a little woo woo sometimes when it comes to health and nutrition, but here's my take on your taste buds.

I don't think your taste buds are changing. I think it's your microbiome. Because you're replacing processed junk with real foods you're rebuilding your gut bacteria. The good bacteria is making you crave real food, that we all evolved with over tens of thousands of years. Of course the science is ridiculously complicated, but this is my dumbed-down version that makes it understandable to me. After all the junk bacteria gets eliminated you stop craving the junk and all the horrible side effects of having junk bacteria go away too.

Regardless of whether that's true or not, I know exactly how you feel. I'd much rather chomp on a carrot than eat a candybar and eat an orange after a hard workout than drink a sugary drink.

Southpaw and BigRedRage like this.
  9. BigRedRage

I havent noticed many changes, I sleep very well and etc. If I had a scale I would probably notice changes there but either way I feel good and I am happy about changing my habits and now craving better things. That was the whole idea in the first place and now I can turn pizza, sandwiches, burritos and lasagna into guilty pleasures instead of daily foods.

Hell, pretty much anything I put in burritos is just as good in a bowl without the tortilla.

At this point I am thankful that I LOVE mexican food as it has really helped me due to eating tons of pico and marinated meats. Super healthy food, delicious and spicy. Cant beat it.

10. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

Haven't been on the site much lately... popped on today and stumbled onto this thread - so thought I would give a quick update to the post I made above.
    Today, I weighed in at 194 pounds! I haven't been at this weight in, gosh... probably 30 years! This morning I had perhaps the best workout I've had, ever! I turn 53 in May, and I feel AMAZING!
    I have generally stuck to the eating plan - I eat clean and I don't crave any of the junk/sweets at all! I try to toss in a dinner to dinner fast once a week. I hit the gym on average 3-4 times a week. I have dramatically cut down on alcohol.
    My goal is to ultimately get down to 185... I'm in no great rush. Heck, it's taken me almost 2 years to lose almost 30 pounds... My only regret is that I didn't start living this way sooner. I took for granted my God-gifted good health and peppy metabolism, until I hit 50 and realized things were changing!
    Who knows what the good Lord has in store for me down the road... all I know is that I feel terrific! ;)

Bert, Dude, bankybruce and 2 others like this.
  11. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

Some of our paleo ancestors ate 100% vegetarian, new study finds

https://mic.com/articles/170731/som...ate-100-vegetarian-new-study-finds#.KPKQNfiQ1

"The research team found no evidence of meat in the diet of the Neanderthals from Spain. Their analysis revealed traces of edible mushrooms, pine nuts, forest moss and poplar bark — a tree that contains the "natural pain-killer salicylic acid," researchers noted in the study. Previous research also provides evidence at least one Neanderthal in that area might have been "self-medicating" with their diet, researchers wrote. "

12. Bada0Bing

I'm no paleo expert, but I've never heard of anyone trying to emulate a Neanderthal's diet.

13. Bert

Bert Bandwagon ASU Basketball Fan

That is awesome 82!!! Congratulations man that is really awesome and takes a lot of hard work. Good for you bro.

14. BigRedRage

You left it the part I am going to jump on, the cannibalism paleo diet

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

15. Yuma

Yuma Back in NV!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper sends out a weekly schedule , according to the Big Bang Theory!