Stop Eating Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner

Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by Southpaw, Mar 12, 2015.

1. BigRedRage

BigRedRage badass Contributor

I haven't really had any bread in a week besides those two steak sliders. For the most part I plan to continue having no bread or noodles for now but I will eat some corn tortillas when I have tacos. Probably two corn tortilla tacos and two lettuce wrap tacos

2. StreetTruckinTitan

StreetTruckinTitan Formerly NativeAZfan

Be careful with all the fruit. A lot of fructose acts the same as sugar in the body. Easy on the corn consumption also. They dont say "corn fed" for nothing. Eat a lot of green veggies. Protein is important to keep you satiated throughout the day. Rule of thumb is 1grm of protein per body weight per day. Eat it every meal but not all at once, spread it out thru out day. Snack on almonds. Greek yogurt is great for extra protein and for the probiotics. Good carbs are brown rice, sweet potatos. Drink lots of water. No soft drinks.
    You should sign up for My Fitness Pal to track your daily macros so to eliminate the guessing. Good luck.

BigRedRage likes this.
  3. BigRedRage

I have been making my own trail mix with almonds, peanuts, cashews, dehydrated berries/bananas.

The corn tortillas is like maybe 4 of them a week right now. That is the only corn I am eating.

Im eating fresh green beans, bell peppers (all colors), Celery with peanut butter, lettuce and carrots. I dont like a lot of veggies outside of that so its not a ton of green, but there is some.

Ive been avoiding rice all together, I only drink water (outside of a morning Monster drink) and havent really touched dairy, including yogurt.

4. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

Low carb tortilla substitute?

Difference between complex and simple carbs is real important.

BigRedRage likes this.
  5. BigRedRage

I mean, is two to four, tiny taco sized corn tortillas even relevant? Especially when I used to eat 10-12 a week plus flour tortillas, sandwiches and cheeseburgers every day?

6. Bodha

Bodha Registered

Not reading it because I see the word "racist" in the title of an article thats discussing what time of day you should eat your tomato soup.

Heres another gem from the same author:
    "Why being left handed means youre probably a rapist"

7. Southpaw

This can explain it better than me.

Complex vs simple carbs and how the body uses/stores them. Food addiction is the All American killer. We become addicted to taste. Taste buds can only actually sense 4 "tastes" , Sweet, sour, salty and bitter.

http://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/simple-carbohydrates-complex-carbohydrates

BigRedRage likes this.
  8. BigRedRage

Ill read that in a bit, have it as an open tab.

My main taste I am addicted to is spice so lots of chili powder, garlic and paprika on my food.

9. BigRedRage

so reading the article, the only simple carbs I get right now are out of fruit so I am doing well there. Even then, fruit is on both sides of the carb aisle.

I am eating veggies and nuts, I do not eat beans and have had no whole grains so it seems the only thing I need to do is eat more whole grains. I have been eating potatoes sauteed in coconut oil so I am good there too. I have been avoiding oats and rice. I have had really good quinoa before and have been eating an apple and a banana every day.

I suppose I could do whole wheat pastas, i just figured I am better off ditching pasta for a while.

doing great here.

I hate broccoli but I am eating lots of veggies, especially carrots.

No thanks.

So based on this article, I am on the right path and only thing I am missing is whole grain.

Examples:
    Most days I am eating one apple and one banana in the early day with another banana in the evenings usually with chopped strawberries.

For lunch last week I had chicken over lettuce with pico degallo.

This week for lunch I have shredded chicken that I cooked in salsa on top of lettuce and shredded carrots.

For dinner last week I had lots of chicken, lettuce and pico. Other nights I had chicken or pork on the grill with sauteed bell peppers, onions and green beans under it.

thats pretty much it. So, I think I am on the right track and am only missing grains, I am iffy on what grains to do though. I can do brown rice I guess or whole wheat noodles but had been avoiding those at all costs. I could do a multigrain wheat bread but without Jam or butter I dont think bread would be very good.

10. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

I think when your body starts to adapt to your diet...in the next couple weeks I'd imagine...you'll start to see some changes in your weight. Especially if you're eating in moderation and not stuffing yourself, which is essential to keep your metabolism high. Keep up the good work...your body will love you for it.

Southpaw and BigRedRage like this.
  11. BigRedRage

Thanks, I am hoping to do this for all of February, have created much better eating habits and by then, back off the deep end and have a burger and a burrito here and there, just not 6 days a week! I just gotta keep on trucking and see where this goes. I am not doing it for weight loss but I will take that side effect. I mostly just decided I have been brainwashed by marketing and eat crap all the time and that I could reprogram myself to crave healthy food instead.

12. Southpaw

that stuff will kill bacteria. :cool:

13. BigRedRage

Re: whole grains,

How about I just saute mass chopped potatoes in coconut oil and put it in my lunches and dinners?

14. Southpaw

15. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Make-up food is the best. :)