Stats do lie - our D is mediocre

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Dback Jon, Dec 31, 2017.

1. b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn Registered

Defense is good, game plans are good, in game adjustments need help.

Saw a bit of Seattle game, Bettcher started playing him some more zone in the second half. Mmmmm...zone. Feeds the other team’s offense so they can stay in the game.

PJ1 likes this.
  2. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Olsen Pierre also was a huge difference in my opinion

masterphomeg and Chopper0080 like this.
  3. WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard Herfin BIg Time Contributor

Ya his 4 receptions was eating BB lunch, oh wait who was covering him on his second TD? Baldwin came off a bunch formation on the TD that Budda was on him. Do not recollect if that was zone or man, but I am going to assume it was zone coverage as PP would probably be on DB all day if it was man. So it was a well designed play and no doubt BB was burnt toast, not even close to DB. BB is not going to be able to stay with a #1 receiver any time soon or ever for that matter. Just my opinion

Edited after reading your thread about the game.

You didn't even see it, so I take back everything I said. It didn't matter as you insisted that the Seattle announcers just talked about their team and nothing else. So I can now see how you think DB "owned" Budda. As ZZ Top would sing "I heard it on the X'.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  4. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 2013 Arizona Cardinals

I think our defense is a league average defense. Gave up a bunch of points, not a bunch of yards. I think our defense underachieves based upon the defensive talent, specifically a defense with an elite CB and an elite pass rusher. A shut down pass CB and an elite pass rusher is about all a DC can ask for. If he can't elevate that, it is on him IMO.

5. Arz101

Arz101 Registered

How can you not play some zone when up by 14 points?

6. b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn Registered

Because you are starting Drew Stanton, 2 3rd string RBs and some 4th string OL against a team that comes back seemingly ever 4th quarter and it's an away game - you kneed to have the defense going for the throat the entire game.

Dback Jon likes this.
  7. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd Registered

Well I would take our D over most of the others with the exception of maybe 5-10. Heck, didn't we beat to of the best D's in the Jags and Titans? And with our anemic offense. So hurrah for our D. They fought their rear ends of all season. I am proud of them, to the man.